NIFT 2017: Result, Counselling & Admission Process
The NIFT is a national level entrance examination which is organized by the National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai in the major cities of the country. This exam is a perfect gateway to get admission in different UG and PG professional programmes in fashion technology & design field. For admissions in NIFT courses, firstly candidates have to clear the written entrance exam and after that candidates have to go through the situation test/ group discussion/ personal interview rounds. The authority has released the applications for the year 2017. Here in this article, we are providing the latest information regarding NIFT 2017 including courses offered, application form, important dates, etc.
NIFT 2017 Notification – Result releases on 30th March
NIFT 2017 Result will be announced on 30th March 2017 (11:00 AM).Click here for result.
NIFT Exam Dates
The NIFT 2017 official dates are mentioned below:
|Online registration begins||2nd November 2016|
|Online registration last date||10th January 2017|
|Online registration last date (with late fee of Rs.5000/-)||16th January 2017|
|Admit card release||21st January 2017|
|Exam date||12th February 2017|
|Entrance test result||30th March 2017|
|Situation Test /Group Discussion /Interview||April-May 2017|
|Result Declared||End of May/June 2017|
|NIFT Counselling||June 2017 onwards|
NIFT offer various UG/PG level courses in field of Fashion & technology.
- Undergraduate Courses: B.Des./ B.F.Tech
- Postgraduate Courses: M.F.M/ M.F.Tech./ M.Des
NIFT 2017 Result
The NIFT Result 2017 will be provided to students on 30th March 2017 (11:00 AM). Candidates can check their results through the official portal of the authority. Candidates are required to visit the official website and enter their registration number/ roll number and click on submit button to generate results. Candidates are suggested to take printout of the result for further use.
NIFT 2018 is a national level entrance examination. This exam will be conducted by the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT). Through this exam, candidates will get admission into bachelor’s and master’s courses in design and fashion technology. The application form will be issued from the 1st week of November 2017.
After the written exam, candidates will be shortlisted to take Situation test/Group Discussion (GD) / Interview as applicable. The notification regarding counselling & admission will be available in the official website. NIFT Admission 2017 will start from the month of June, 2017. For counselling procedure, candidates are required to bring the necessary documents along with their photocopies for the document verification process. After seat allotment candidates have to report to the allotted NIFT campus within the prescribed time and date for completing admission process.
NIFT 2017 Admit Card
The NIFT 2017 Admit Card was available from 21st January 2017. Candidates who have successfully registered for the NIFT exam, can download their admit card through the official website of NIFT. Candidates note down that the admit card was not be sent by post.
NIFT 2017 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: This exam was conducted in offline mode (pen and paper mode).
- Negative Marking: There was be no provision of negative marking.
- Papers: This exam has been divided into two parts GAT (General Ability Test) and CAT (Creative Ability Test).
- No. of Questions: Total 150 questions was asked in GAT test.
- Language: The GAT question paper was asked in English language.
- Duration: The test duration was 2 hours (120 minutes).
Phase 1 – Paper Based Test (PBT) – All UG and PG Programmes (CAT and GAT Exam)
Phase 2 – Paper Based Test (PBT) – B.Des & M.Des Programmes (CAT and GAT Exam)
Phase 2 – Computer Based Test (CBT) – B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech Programmes (GAT Exam)
The reservations of seats for different categories are mentioned below:
- SC – 15%
- ST – 7.5%
- OBC (Non-Creamy) – 27%
- Differently Abled Person (PHP) – 3%
- Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI – 15% (supernumerary)
- State Domicile – 20% (supernumerary)
- State Domicile in Jammu & Kashmir – 35 % within 30 seats
Once category is filled up in the application form, it cannot be changed at any stage.
Students can also check the courses options and seat availability in different campuses:
Firstly, gather all the information about the syllabus and prepare for the exam accordingly. Prepare a time-table as per your suitable time. Don’t forget to include little breaks between the study hours. Choose the best study material for your preparations and also try to solve some previous years question papers for better preparations.
Click here for Guidelines for Entrance Exam Preparation.
The syllabus was composed of different topics such as Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, English Comprehension, Analytical Ability and General Knowledge & Current Affairs. Candidates appearing for NIFT examination should prepare from these topics for the examination. The sample question papers of B.Des, M.Des and other programmes are given below:
NIFT 2017 Application Form
- Candidates get the NIFT 2017 Application Form via online process through the website.
- There was not any other mode available to fill and submit the application form.
- The application fee was Rs.1500/- for General/OBC (Non-Creamy) Category and Rs.750/- for SC/ ST/ PHP candidates.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.5000/- in case of late registration.
- The fee payment was done through online payment gateway or demand draft (DD) of any bank.
Candidates must comply with the eligibility criteria before applying:
Eligibility for undergraduate courses:
- The maximum age should be 23 years as on 1st October, 2017 for general candidates.
- 5 years relaxation was given on maximum age limit for SC, ST or Differently Abled Person (PHP) candidates.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent exam from any recognized central/state board.
- Candidates who have cleared 3-4 year diploma recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education are also eligible to apply.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility for postgraduate courses:
- There is not any minimum or maximum age limit for master programmes.
- For M.Des and M.F.M programme, candidates must have passed an undergraduate degree from any institution/university recognized by law in India.
- For M.F.Tech course, candidates should have cleared B.F.Tech. from NIFT or B.E/B.Tech from any institution/university recognized by law in India.
- Candidates appearing in qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
The detailed eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
For further queries regarding NIFT 2017, you may ask us by leaving your comments below.