NIFT 2018: Counselling Registration, Schedule, Choice Filling & Admission
NIFT 2018 Counselling has been started now. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a premier institution in fashion education. The institution offers bachelor’s and master’s courses in design and fashion technology. Admission in the 16 campuses of NIFT is done through NIFT entrance examination. The entrance exam is conducted one time in a year. Here, candidates can check details about NIFT 2018 including result, cut-off, counselling, admission, etc.
NIFT 2018 Notifications –
NIFT 2019 Application Form has been released from 22nd October 2018. Check here for NIFT 2019 details.
NIFT 2018 Counselling for all courses has been started now through offline mode.Check here for counselling details.
NIFT 2018 Counselling Registration for UG & PG courses has been started from 28th May 2018.Check here for counselling details.
NIFT 2018 Application Form for lateral entry courses has been released on 8th May to 24th May 2018. The examination is organized on 27th May 2018.Click here fill application & other details.
NIFT 2018 Final Result for UG & PG courses has been declared on 15th May 2018.Check here for result details.
NIFT 2018 situation test has been organized on 29th & 30th April 2018 at NIFT Campuses Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad and Chennai.Check here for situation test details.
NIFT 2018 Call Letter for Situation Test has been released now. Check here for call letter.
NIFT 2018 Registration for Situation Test for shortlisted candidates of B.Des course can be done till 12th April 2018 (12 Noon). Candidates can select date & test center for situation test. Click here for registration.
NIFT 2018 Call Letter for Group Discussion/Personal Interview rounds (PG courses) has been released on 24th March 2018.Check here for call letter details.
NIFT 2018 Result for Written Test has been declared on 22nd March 2018. Check here for result details.
Click here to check NIFT 2018 Prospectus.
NIFT 2018 Admit Card has been released on 9th January 2018. Check here for admit card details.
NIFT 2018 Application Form Correction (Edit/Update) has been started from 30th December 2017 to 2nd January 2018. Click here for application correction.
NIFT 2018 Application Form (with the late fee of Rs. 5000) can be filled till 2nd January 2018. Click here for application form.
Courses offered on the campuses of NIFT at UG and PG level are given below:
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech)
- Master of Design (M.Des)
- Master of Fashion Management (MFM)
- Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech)
NIFT 2018 Exam Date
Students can check the NIFT exam dates 2018 in the below table:
|Events||Exam Dates (Announced)|
|Commencement of Online Application||20th October 2017|
|Closing of Application Form Submission||29th December 2017|
|Last date of online registration with the late fee of Rs. 5000/-||2nd January 2018|
|Application Correction Starts||30th December 2017 to 2nd January 2018 (04:00 PM)|
|Downloading of NIFT 2018 Admit Card||9th January 2018|
|Exam Date||21st January 2018|
|Result of Written Entrance Examination||22nd March 2018|
|Call Letter Released||24th March 2018|
|Registration for Situation Test Starts||5th April to 12th April 2018 (Noon)|
|Situation Test/Group Discussion/Interview||29th & 30th April 2018|
|Final Result Declaration||May/June 2018|
|Counselling Registration Starts||28th May to 4th June 2018|
|Counselling Starts||7th June 2018|
NIFT Result 2018
- NIFT 2018 result was declared on 22nd March 2018.
- The result was declared online on the official website of NIFT.
- The result of B.F.Tech is prepared on the basis of GAT only.
- M.Des result is prepared on the basis of GAT, CAT and Situation Test while M.Des result is prepared on the basis of GAT, CAT, GD/PI.
- The final result of MFM and M.F.Tech has been declared on the basis of GAT and GD/PI.
Candidates can also check the courses options and seat availability in different campuses:
NIFT Counselling 2018
- The counselling for B.Des is started from 11th June to 7th July 2018.
- There is multiple rounds of Counselling at the 16 Campuses of NIFT.
- All the qualified candidates must necessarily participate in NIFT 2018 counselling to get admission.
- For participating in the rounds of Counselling, all eligible candidates will be required to register themselves online.
NIFT Admission 2018
- NIFT 2018 admission (counselling registration) has been started from 28th May 2018.
- The counselling has been organized through offline mode.
- At the time of admission, candidates have to carry original as well as photocopies of all the prescribed documents for verification purpose.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Click here to check NIFT 2018 More FAQs.
NIFT entrance exam 2019 will be conducted to offer admission in B.Des, B.F.Tech, M.Des and MFM programmes. It is a national level examination organized by the National Institute of Fashion Technology. It organizes CAT (Creative Ability Test) and GAT (General Ability Test) to offer admission in various courses.
NIFT Application Form 2018
- The facility for online application form was started from the 20th October 2017.
- NIFT 2018 Application form was filled through online mode only. No printed application form was entertained for NIFT 2018.
- Candidates filling the application after the last date have to submit the late fee of Rs. 5000/- in addition to the application form.
- After filling the form completely, candidates may take the printout of filled-in application for references.
- Candidates are also advised to retain the proof of payment.
- Candidates can edit/update the application form from 30th December 2017 to 2nd January 2018.
Category-wise application fee of NIFT 2018 is given below:
|GEN/OBC (Non-Creamy layer)||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Category||Rs. 750/-|
Two modes are available for paying the application fee:
- Online Payment Gateway (Credit/Debit Card)
- Bank Demand Draft
Demand draft must be issued in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi. Applicants who are going to opt DD for fee payment are required to send the duly completed application along with DD to the following address:
All India Management Association Management House,
14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
The norms and conditions that students have to satisfy to be eligible for NIFT 2018. The eligibility criteria for UG and PG courses is given below:
For UG Courses:
Age Criteria For UG Courses:
- Age Limit: Maximum age limit for UG courses is 23 years as on 1st October 2018.
- The upper age limit of SC/ST/PHP candidates shall be relaxed by 5 years.
For PG Courses:
Age Criteria For PG Courses:
- Age Limit: No prescribed age limit for PG courses.
The detailed eligibility criteria are given here:
NIFT Admit Card 2018
- NIFT 2018 admit card of eligible candidates has been available for download from 9th January 2018.
- The link is given above.
- Admit card is not be sent via post.
- Candidates have to mandatory carry the admit card to the test center on the day of examination.
NIFT 2018 Exam Pattern
The NIFT exam pattern comprises of GAT, CAT & GD/PI. The details about these tests are discussed below.
General Ability Test (GAT) is the written test for all the 5 courses offered by NIFT. For B.Des and M.Des courses, GAT is the first test for selection in NIFT. After GAT, B.Des & M.Des aspirants are required to qualify the CAT (Creative Ability Test). Candidates who will qualify both the written tests will be eligible for Situation Test (in case of B.Des) and GD/PI (in case of M.Des).
For B.F.Tech, GAT is the only selection test. MFM & M.F.Tech candidates are required to participate in GD/PI after qualifying the GAT.
- Exam Mode: For all courses, GAT will be conducted in offline mode (PBT).
- Exam duration: The duration of GAT written test will be 2 hours (for B.Des & M.Des) and 3 hours (for B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech).
- Number of Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in GAT for B.Des and 120 questions will be asked for M.Des. 150 questions will be asked in B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech.
- Language: The paper medium will be English only.
- Papers: For B.Des and M.Des, two written exams will be conducted i.e. GAT & CAT whereas for B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech only GAT will be conducted.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
Exam Pattern For B.Des & M.Des Courses:
The test structure of GAT for B.Des courses is as follows:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||15|
The test structure of GAT for M.Des courses is as follows:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||15|
Exam Pattern For B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech Courses:
The test structure of GAT for B.F.Tech & M.F.Tech courses is as follows:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative Ability||30 (10 questions for MFM)|
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45 (50 questions for MFM)|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||25|
|Case Study||25 (40 questions for MFM)|
Here, we are providing the NIFT written test schedule for all UG and PG courses:
Candidates also check the weightage assigned to each test in the final merit list of the entrance examination:
Note: In case of the score being equal, the older candidate according to the date of birth will be given preference.
NIFT 2018 Syllabus
NIFT syllabus for General Ability Test (GAT) comprises of Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, English Comprehension, Analytical Ability, General Knowledge & Current Affairs for B.Des & M.Des courses. The syllabus of GAT for B.F.Tech, MFM, M.F.Tech will consist of Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability & English Comprehension, Analytical & Logical Ability, General Knowledge & Current Affairs & Case Study.
Creative Ability Test (CAT) for B.Des & M.Des tests the innovative and creative ability of the candidates in designing while Situation test for B.Des candidates will evaluate candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability. The group discussion (GD) would comprise of a discussion on a case study. Check below the sample question papers of B.Des, B.F Tech, M.Des, MFM & M.F Tech courses:
How to Prepare for NIFT
- Gather the complete syllabus of NIFT.
- Understanding of exam pattern plays an important role in exam preparation.
- Practice sketching as much as you can.
- Read newspapers or listen news to enhance your general knowledge.
- Take proper sleep and keep yourself free from stress.
The exam was conducted on 21st January 2018 at 32 cities. The candidate may select only ONE city for the examination. No request for the change in examination center was entertained at any stage. The exam city centers are:
Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur (Kerala), Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Surat, Udaipur, Vadodara, Vishakhapatnam, Shillong & Srinagar (J&K).
For any queries regarding NIFT 2018, you may leave your comments below.