PESSAT 2020: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus
PESSAT 2020 is conducted by Peoples Education Society (PES) University. It is a national level entrance exam through which students get admission into B.Arch and B.Tech programmes. Based on PESSAT Score, the qualifying students will be able to pursue various undergraduate and postgraduate engineering programmes in PES University. The entrance exam is conducted once in a year in the PES University campus situated in Bangalore. Through this article we have provided complete information regarding PESSAT 2020.
PESSAT 2020 Exam Dates
Check below the tentative PESSAT 2020 Exam Dates for various events. The dates will be updated soon after its official release:
|PESSAT 2020 Events||Tentative Dates|
|For B.Tech||For Other Courses|
|Starting of Online Registration||1st week of October 2019||1st week of October 2019|
|Last Date for Registration||2nd week of April 2020||In the month of July 2020|
|Slot Booking Date||3rd week of April 2020||1st week of January 2020|
|PESSAT 2020 Exam||3rd week of April to 2nd week of May 2020||From 2nd week of January to July 2020|
|Result Announcement||3rd week of May 2020||Few days after the test|
|Starting of Counselling process||1st week of June 2020||June 2020|
For B.Arch Programme (Based on NATA Scores):
|Last date to submit NATA and 12th/2nd PU Scores||1st week of June 2020|
|Counselling (1st round)||2nd week of June 2020|
|Last date of submitting Original document and surrender of seats (admitted candidates)||4th week of June 2020|
|Counselling (2nd round)||4th week of June 2020|
PESSAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check important details about PESSAT 2020 Application Form below:
- PESSAT 2020 Online Application process will start in the first week of October 2019.
- The registration process will include four steps – Online registration, filling the application form, uploading the images and paying the application fee.
- Students will be able to fill the application form through online mode only.
- All the details must be filled correctly in the application form as no modification/correction facility will be provided later by the board.
- Last date to fill and submit the application form is till second week of April 2020 for B.Tech programme and for other courses is till July 2020.
- Students paying the application fee through offline mode have to send DD with the application form to the below given address:
Manager – Admissions
Office of Admissions,
100 Ft Ring Road, BSK 3rd Stage,
Bangalore – 560085
PESSAT 2020 Application fee is Rs.1050.
Mode of Payment: Applicants can pay their application fee via debit/credit card, net banking, Bank Challan or through demand draft.
Students paying the application fee through demand draft have to draw it in favour of “PES University General Fund” payable at Bangalore.
PESSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the PESSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria for various programmes. Students must fulfill the complete eligibility criterion to get admission into various courses successfully:
Nationality: Applying candidate should be an Indian citizen.
For B.Tech Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 10+2 level exam or its equivalent examination from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed his/her 12th level with the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Qualifying Marks: Applying candidate must have passed 10+2 level with minimum aggregate of 60% marks.
For BBA Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Student must have passed his/her 12th level exam or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: He/she must have passed 10+2 level with minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
For B.Arch Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed their 12th level exams in Science stream from a recognized board or university OR he/she should have done diploma after 12th from any stream.
- Qualifying Marks: Applying candidate must have scored aggregate of 50% marks.
- He/she must have a valid NATA Scorecard.
PESSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern will differ for various courses. Check the PESSAT 2020 exam pattern and marking scheme below:
- Exam Mode: PESSAT 2020 Exam will be conducted in online CBT mode.
- Time Duration: Total time of 180 minutes will be provided to complete the exam for B.Tech. For various other courses the time duration will be 120 minutes.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.
- Number of Questions: The number of questions asked in the paper will vary for different courses. For B.Tech, the test will contain total of 180 questions.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be given. There will be no negative marking for the wrong responses.
Check the distribution of questions below for B.Tech programme:
|Subject||Total no. of Questions|
Check the distribution of questions below for M.Tech programme:
|Subject||Total no. of Questions|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||20|
PESSAT 2020 Syllabus
PESSAT 2020 Syllabus will vary for various programmes. Students can check the complete UG and PG Syllabus by online mode. For UG programmes, candidates can prepare for the test from the 11thand 12th level syllabus.
While, candidates who want to pursue PG courses in PES University have to prepare for the entrance exam from the relevant UG syllabus.
PESSAT 2020 Preparation Tips
To score good marks and qualify the PESSAT 2020 test, candidates can follow the below given preparation tips:
- Go through the syllabus topic wise so that the entire topic gets covered before the exam.
- Don’t forget to revise whatever you have prepared during the whole day.
- Prepare short notes which are easy to revise.
- Make a suitable time table for practice, test and revision so that nothing gets missed in whole day.
- Be focused during study hours.
- Test your preparation standards every alternate day.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
PESSAT 2020 Slot Booking
According to the convenience of the candidates, the exam slot booking will be done. To book slots, students will be required to click on the slot booking link provided online and enter their registration number and email ID.
PESSAT 2020 Slot Booking will start in the third week of April 2020 for B.Tech programmes and for other courses it will start from the first week of January 2020. Students have to choose their exam city, exam date and exam centre during slot booking process.
PESSAT 2020 Admit Card
After the slot booking process, students will be able to download their PESSAT 2020 Admit card. The admit card will release just one or two days before the exam.
Students have to bring their admit card with their valid id proof on the exam day. To download the admit card/hall ticket, students have to enter their registration number and password.
PESSAT 2020 Result
After the PESSAT 2020 test will be over, the board will publish the results in the third week of May 2020 for B.Tech programme.
To check PESSAT 2020 Result, candidates have to enter their date of birth and registration number. The scorecard will be also released after the results announcement.
Students who will successfully qualify the entrance exam by securing rank above the qualifying rank will get scholarship.
PESSAT 2020 Counselling
PESSAT 2020 Counselling Process will start in the first week of June 2020 for B.Tech programme and other courses. The counselling will be held in offline mode in various rounds.
The counselling will be carried out in two rounds. After the first round of counselling, students have to submit their necessary documents/testimonials.
The documents required at the time of document verification are:
- PESSAT 2020 Score card
- PESSAT 2020 Admit Card
- Birth proof document
- Migration Certificate
- High school Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Intermediate Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Valid photo id proof
If you have any query regarding PESSAT 2020, you can ask you query in the comments section given below.