PGIMER 2020 Result, Merit List – Check Result Here
PGIMER 2020 Result will be released on 25th November 2019 for January session & on 16th December 2019 for July session. The result will be made available two times in a year for January & July session. This examination will be organized for admission to the MD/MS courses. It is a national level entrance exam. PGIMER exam will be managed by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh. Through this article, candidates can get complete information about PGIMER Result 2020.
PGIMER 2020 Result
Below are some important points regarding the PGIMER Result 2020 including releasing mode, date & other details:
- The authority will declare the result for MD/MS on 25th November 2019 (January session).
- For DM/MCH/MD Hospital Administration theory entrance exam, result will be declared on 16th December 2019 (July Session).
- The result will be declared through online mode.
- For MD/MS, candidates will have to enter their login details to check the result.
- For DM/M.Ch, the result will be available in a PDF format, i.e. list of selected & non-selected candidates.
- Candidates will be able to check the result in the form of category-wise merit lists.
- The result will be most likely to be calculated on the basis of percentile scores and the percentile scores will be determined by percentage.
PGIMER Result 2020 Releasing Date
In the given table, we are providing PGIMER 2020 result dates for January Session:
|Events||Dates 2020 (January Session)|
|Date of Examination||24th November 2019|
|Declaration of PGIMER Result||25th November 2019|
|Counselling Starts||16th December 2019|
For DM/MCH/MD Hospital Administration:
|Events||Dates 2020 (July Session)|
|Date of Examination||15th December 2019|
|Declaration of Result||16th December 2019|
|Counselling Starts||18th December 2019|
How to check the PGIMER 2020 Result
Candidates will be able to check the result through the given below steps:
- Visit to the official website. (Link will be provided above)
- Click on that link.
- Fill your login credentials such as Registration Number (User ID) & Password.
- The result would appear on the computer screen.
- Save the result and take printout of the same for further use.
In case two or more candidates score equal amount of marks resulting in equal ranks then in that scenario the authorities would follow the following regulations in order to assign different ranks to those candidates:
- Rule-1: Higher aggregate marks in M.B.B.S Examination: The candidate who would have scored the higher amount of aggregate marks in his/her M.B.B.S examination would receive the higher rank.
- Rule-2: Age of the Candidate: The candidate who would be older in age would be given preference over other and assigned the higher rank.
- Rule-3: Minimum Percentile: The candidate who would score the minimum percentile as per their category would be assigned higher rank.
Category Wise Minimum Qualifying Percentile
The following is the minimum qualifying percentile for different categories that a candidate has to secure in order to pass the examination:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
|Reserved (OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals)||50%|
PGIMER 2020 Counselling
Candidates who will qualify PGIMER exam by scoring minimum required percentile will be called for PGIMER 2020 Counselling. Candidates will be called in order of their merit ranks.
The counselling will be conducted in offline mode, i.e. Candidates will have to be physically present at the venue at the time of counselling.
Only those qualified candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be eligible to appear for counselling rounds.
PGIMER 2020 Result is a significant event as on the basis of the results the subsequent events of cut off and merit list are based. A candidate has to get good scores in the result in order to clear the cut off, get enlisted in the merit list and become eligible to partake in the counselling process.
If you have any other queries regarding PGIMER 2020 Result, then you can ask your queries in the comment box below.