Pondicherry University 2020: Counselling (Started), Dates, Allotment
Pondicherry University 2020 Allotment List for third round has been released on 6th November 2020. Result has been declared on 2nd October 2020. The university offers admission in various PG & doctoral level courses. To provide admission in various PG & Doctoral level programmes, university level entrance test is organized. The admission is offered in the faculty of Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering & Technology, Fine Arts, Law, Management and Medicine. Admission is offered in three campuses of the University with main campus located at Puducherry. In this article, we have provided complete details regarding Pondicherry University 2020 like result, counselling etc.
Pondicherry University 2020 Notifications – 3rd Allotment Released
Get complete updates of Pondicherry University 2020 Admission and Counselling from here. Click here to view details.
Pondicherry University 2020 Allotment List for third round has been released on 6th November 2020. Check here for details.
Pondicherry University 2021 exam will be conducted in the month of May 2021. Get more details about Pondicherry University 2021 here.
Pondicherry University 2020 Important Dates
The Pondicherry University dates are given in the table below:
|Opening of Application Form||9th July 2020|
|Closing of Application Form||17th August 2020 (PG) & 19th August 2020 (Ph.D.)|
|Releasing of Admit Card||14th September 2020|
|Date of Examination||18th, 19th & 20th September 2020|
|Declaration of Result||2nd October 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling||Started|
Pondicherry University 2020 Cut Off
The Pondicherry University Cut Off is the minimum marks which candidates are required to score in the examination to get admission into their choice of courses.
To get admission into Ph.D. course, the minimum cut-off for the General candidates will be ½ of the average marks secured in the test in the respective subjects.
For the OBC/SC/ST/PwD category, the minimum cut-off will be 10% below the decided cut-off marks of the General candidates.
Pondicherry University 2020 Counselling
Candidates have to register for Pondicherry University Counselling through online mode after successfully clearing the entrance exam.
The qualified students are called for the counselling according to their preferences of streams and rank secured in the entrance exam. GD & PI Rounds is also organized to provide admission into LLM, MBA and various other courses.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Pondicherry University 2020 Application Form
Check here are some important details regarding Pondicherry University 2020 Application Form:
- Applicants can fill their applications form from 9th July 2020 to 17th August 2020 for PG and 19th August 2020 for Ph.D courses.
- Candidates have to fill and submit the application form through online mode.
- Candidates are suggested to fill the application form after going through the complete prospectus released online.
- The Application process consist of various steps – Register online, filling the details in the form, uploading the images and other documents and paying the application fee.
- Candidate has to fill separate application form for each programme if they want to apply for multiple courses.
- In case of Defense personal , they have to submit the printout of the filled-in application form to the below given address:
The Assistant Registrar (Academic-Admission),
R.V. Nagar, Kalapet, Pondicherry-605014.
Mode of Payment: Applicants can pay the fee through online or offline mode. The online payment can be made by debit card/credit card/net banking. Offline payment can be made by Bank Challan .
The fee structure for various categories & courses is given below:
|Courses||Application Fee Per Courses|
Pondicherry University 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Pondicherry University Eligibility Criteria for the Pondicherry University 2020 exam given below for the different courses:
For PG Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university under 10+2+3 systems.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have obtained minimum marks of 50% in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the last year are also eligible to apply.
For Integrated Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed their 10+2 level examination from a recognized university.
- Qualifying Marks: Applying candidate must have secured at least of 50% marks.
- Appearing: Appearing candidates are also eligible for applying the test.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must possess a Master’s degree from a recognized board or university.
- Minimum Marks: He/she should have scored minimum 50% marks in master degree level.
Pondicherry University 2020 Exam Pattern
The Pondicherry University Exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of Exam: The entrance exam will be conducted through Online CBT mode.
- Number of Questions: There will be total of 100 questions in the exam paper.
- Time Duration: Total of 120 minutes will be given to complete the paper.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice type questions.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 4 marks will be provided. 1 mark of negative marking will be done for each incorrect answer.
Check in the below table the distribution of questions and sections for various courses:
|For MBA||English Comprehension||20|
|Test of Reasoning||20|
|For M.Com Business Finance/ M.Com Accounting and Taxation||Accounting, Banking, Organization, Costing, Statics, Business Economics etc.||80|
|English and Test Reasoning||20|
|For M.A. Mass Communication||English and Reasoning||20|
|Media, Media Laws and Society, Communication & Society, Media History, Media Current Affairs, Visual Communication & Aesthetics, Journalism||80|
|M.Sc. in Bio Chemistry & Molecular Biology||English and Reasoning||20|
|Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics & allied areas. (B.Sc level)||80|
Pondicherry University 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus of Pondicherry University 2020 entrance exam will be made available online for various provided courses. Students can check the complete topics for PG courses from the prospectus.
The Syllabus will consist of various topics from the Tamil Language and Literature, English and Reasoning.
The Syllabus will consist of various topics from the English Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, General Reasoning, Data Interpretation, General Awareness etc.
For M.Com (Business Finance/ M.Com. Accounting and Taxation):
The syllabus will consist of various topics from the Accounting, Banking, Organization, Costing, Statics and Business Economics sections.
For M.Sc. (Chemistry):
The syllabus will consist of various topics from the English, Reasoning, Chemistry, Maths and Physics.
Pondicherry University 2020 Preparation Tips
Check below some preparation tips that candidates can follow in order to perform well in the test of Pondicherry University 2020:
- Start with basic topics. Make sure to clear your basic concept of the subjects.
- Motivation and planning must be included in the preparation .
- Solve mock test and sample papers regularly.
- You may also take some help from online lectures and mobile apps for preparation.
- Avoid learning new topics at the last moment.
- Mark the question that you feel important and tough.
- Have to improve faith in yourself.
Ahmadabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Bhopal, Chennai, Cuttack, Hyderabad, Karaikal, Itanagar, Mumbai, Mangalore, New Delhi, Patna, Palayamkottai, Ranchi, Pune, Srinagar(J&K) etc.
Pondicherry University 2020 Admit Card
The Admit card of Pondicherry University 2020 has been released after completion of registrations. The admit card has been released on 14th September 2020 before beginning of entrance exam for various streams.
Candidate who have successfully submitted their admission form within the time frame are able to download their admit card. Pondicherry University admit card contains details of exam schedule, centre details, date, candidate’s name and roll numbers, etc.
Pondicherry University 2020 Result
Pondicherry University Result has been declared on 2nd October 2020. The result has been announced through the online mode.
Candidate can check their result by entering their application number and date of birth. After the announcement of the result, the separate merit list is prepared for PG and Ph.D programmes on the basis of the marks obtained in the exam.
For any other query regarding Pondicherry University 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.