PTU Exam 2018: Application Form, Dates, Admission, Syllabus
PTU Exam 2018 will be organized by the I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. Previously, the university was known as the Punjab Technical University (PTU). It is one of the famous universities of the country. The university will not organize any entrance exam to get admission into UG & PG courses in the university & its affiliated colleges. It only conducts a centralized counselling. The admission into B.Tech & B.Arch courses will be based on the JEE Main 2018 & NATA 2018 score respectively. In this article, we have mentioned the complete details about PTU 2018.
PTU Admission Dates
Check the tentative schedule of PTU Admission 2018:
|Notification Released||Last Week of May 2018|
|Counselling & Admission Registration Started||First week of June 2018|
PTU Admission/Application Form 2018
- The University will not organize any entrance test or application form for admission into the university.
- The university only conducts the centralized counselling for academic session 2018-2019.
- The University will announce a notification regarding to the counselling procedure in the last week of May 2018.
- It organizes counselling for itself, Punjabi University, Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University & Punjab Agricultural University.
- PTU 2018 Admission Form will be issued by the conducting authority through online mode.
- The admission registration will begin from the first week of June 2018.
- Candidates have to fill the admission form & pay the counselling fee.
Candidates have to submit Rs. 2000 as a counselling fee. The fee is non-refundable. The fee can be paid through online (net banking, credit or debit card) or offline (cash at the Bank after generating the Challan) mode.
Note: Only Visa & Master Card will be accepted.
The eligibility criteria are different for all courses. Appearing candidates can also apply.
|B.Tech||Qualifying Exam: Pass 10+2 examination or Diploma from any engineering stream or Two year certificate course from SLIET.|
Subjects: Qualify 12th exam with Mathematics & Physics as main subjects along with one of the given subjects: Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology & Computer Science.
JEE Main Score Card: Valid JEE Main 2018 Score Card.
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||Qualifying Exam: Pass Diploma in any Engineering stream or 10+2 exam or B.Sc degree.|
Subjects: Qualify 10+2 exam with Mathematics.
Minimum Marks: Secure at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST category).
|B.Arch||Qualifying Exam: Pass 10+2 or equivalent examination or 10+3 years Diploma from any stream.|
Minimum Marks: Secure at least 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam.
NATA Score Card: Valid NATA 2018 Score Card.
|M.Tech||Qualifying Exam: Pass B.E/B.Tech degree.|
Minimum Marks: Qualify B.E/B.Tech exam with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST category).
GATE Score Card: Valid GATE Score Card.
|MBA||Qualifying Exam: Pass three years duration bachelor degree.|
CMAT Score Card: Valid CMAT Score Card.
|B.Pharm||Qualifying Exam: Passed 10+2 examination.|
Subjects: Qualify 10+2 exam with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subject along with one of the Mathematics/Computer Science/ Biology/Biotechnology or equivalent.
|B.Pharm (Lateral Entry)||Qualifying Exam: Pass Diploma in Pharmacy.|
Minimum Marks: Secure at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST category).
|MCA||Qualifying Exam: Pass 3 years Bachelor Degree.|
Subjects: Qualify above exam with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics /Statistics/ Business Statistics / Quantitative Techniques as Compulsory / Optional / Additional paper as one of the subjects either at 10+2 or at Graduation Level.
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||Qualifying Exam: Pass 3 years Bachelor Degree in B.Sc (Computer Science/IT), BCA.|
Subjects: Qualify above exam with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduate Level.
Minimum Marks: Score at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved category).
|M.Pharmacy||Qualifying Exam: Pass B.Pharma or equivalent.|
Minimum Marks: Secure minimum 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST category).
- All the rules and regulation about reservation are subject to government of Punjab.
- 85% seats will be reserved for the candidates, those are the permanent residence of Punjab state.
- 15% seats will be reserved for all candidates who belong to outside state of Punjab.
- If any candidate belongs to reserved category, they will be eligible to make a claim for reservation.
PTU Counselling 2018
- The university will organize a joint counselling for with representatives from all the other universities.
- PTU 2018 Counselling Registration will be started from the first week of June 2018.
- Candidates have to pay a counselling fee first & then may proceed to fill the online registration form.
- The schedule & procedure of the counselling will be announced in the first week of May 2018.
- If any candidates want to withdrawal from the course within 7 days of the end of the counselling, then the counselling fee will be refunded after deduction of processing fee not more than Rs. 1000.
- In case, candidate will not appear in the first round of counselling, then they will participate in the second round of counselling.
- If seats will remain vacant after first & second round of counselling or any drop out vacancy, then the vacant seats will be filled by the institutions under management quota.
- The university also organizes third round of centralized online counselling.
During the counselling registration, candidates have to fill their choices of courses & colleges. Candidates will fill their choices of colleges & streams according to their preferences. After selecting the courses & colleges, candidates must take the print copy of the list of choices for further reference. The allotment of seat will take place on the basis of the candidate category & merit list.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
PTU 2018 Result
After the successful completion of counselling procedure, the PTU 2018 result will be announced by the university. Candidates will be informed through SMS about seat allotment. Candidates have to login to their account & get complete details of allotment of seats. Candidates, those who are alloted a seat must keep the print copy of the provisional allotment letter of the allotted college/course.
PTU Admission 2018
After the announcement of the result, the PTU 2018 admission procedure will be started. Candidates have to report to the allotted college within a given time frame. B.Tech admission will be based on JEE Main 2018 rank. If any seats will remain vacant, then the seat will be filled on the basis of the inter-se-merit of the qualifying examination. B.Arch admission will be based on NATA score. The admission into B.Tech (LE) course will be based on the merit list of the qualifying examination. Candidates who wish to get admission into other courses will get admission on the basis of the inter-se merit of qualifying examination.
Documents Required at the time of Admission
Candidates have to produce the given documents in original at the time of admission:
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Diploma certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate
- Character Certificate
- Allotment Letter
- Residence Certificate
- Counselling Fee Deposit Slip
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Two recent passport size photographs
- JEE Main 2018 Score Card (If Applicable)
- NATA 2018 Score Card (If Applicable)
If you have any query about PTU Exam 2018, then you can leave query in the comment box.