PTU Exam 2021: Counselling (Started), Allotment (Out), Merit, Admission
PTU 2021 Counselling has been started from 7th September 2021 for MBA & other courses. It is starting from 10th September 2021 for B.Tech. Allotment has been released for various UG/ PG courses. Allotment Letter is available for downloading. From the year 2019, PTU exam is not conducted by IK Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU). PTU conducts online centralize counselling procedure for providing admission in various UG and PG courses. In B.Tech courses admission will be offered based on JEE Main and in B.Arch. courses admission will be provided based on NATA scores. In this article we have mentioned complete details about PTU Exam 2021 including dates, application form, eligibility etc.
PTU 2021 Notifications – Counselling Started (2nd Round)
PTU 2021 Counselling (2nd Round) has been started For MBA & other courses from 7th September 2021. Check here for counselling details.
PTU 2021 Counselling Registration is starting from 10th September 2021 for B.Tech courses. Check here for counselling details.
PTU 2021 Courses Offered:
Here we have mentioned UG and PG courses which are offered by the PTU:
UG Courses: B.Tech, B.Arch., B.Pharma.
PG Courses: M.Tech, MBA, M.Sc. (Chemistry), M.Sc. (Physics), M.Sc. (Mathematics), M.A.
PTU 2021 Admission Dates
Here candidates can check some PTU 2021 admission dates:
For B.Tech & other Courses (2nd Round):
|Events||Start Dates (2021)||End Dates (2021)|
|Fee deposition||7th September 2021||9th September 2021|
|Registration||7th September 2021||9th September 2021|
|Rank preparation and updating||11th September 2021|
|Choice filling||11th September 2021||13th September 2021|
|1st round result||16th September 2021|
|Reporting||16th September 2021||18th September 2021|
PTU 2021 Application Form
Candidates must go through the details about PTU 2021 application form from the given section:
- Candidates are able to fill their application form through online.
- Application form has been released from 24th August 2021 for various UG & PG.
- Fill all details carefully in the admission form i.e. basic details, qualifications, courses, or stream etc.
- After submission of the fee, a confirmation message will be send to the candidates.
- There will be no need to send any hardcopy of the application form by post to the authorities.
- Application form can be filled till the 26th August 2021.
- Take printout of the filled application form and keep it safe for other procedures.
- Fee can be paid through online mode using debit card/ credit card or net banking.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.2000 counselling fee for one course.
Candidates can check fee structure in the given table:
|General category candidates||Rs. 500|
|SC/ ST category candidates||Rs. 250|
PTU 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check PTU 2021 eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 10+2 class or two year certificate courses from SLIET.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass mathematics and physics subjects with anyone from chemistry, biology, biotechnology and computer science.
- Score Card: Candidates must have valid score card of JEE Main.
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 class or 10+3 year diploma from any recognized board/ college.
- Marks: Candidates must secure minimum 50% aggregate marks in their qualifying examination.
- Subjects: Candidates must have mathematics subjects in their qualifying examination.
- Score Card: Candidates must have valid score card of NATA.
- Qualification: Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized institute.
- Score Card: Candidates must have score card of CMAT.
- Qualification: Candidates must have B.Tech/ B.E. degree from any recognized institute.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must have secured 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST category candidates) in their qualifying examination.
- Score Card: Candidates must have valid score card of GATE.
- Qualification: Candidates must have degree in Pharma from any recognized university/ institute.
- Score Card: Candidates must have score card of GPAT.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
PTU 2021 Result/ Merit List
PTU merit list will be released on 28th August 2021. It will be released through online mode on the website. Candidates can check their results using login details i.e. user ID and password.
Merit list will be prepared based on the ranks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying examination.
PTU 2021 Cut Off
Authority will release PTU cut off through online mode. Cut off will be the minimum marks which candidates have to obtain in their qualifying examination. Cut off will be released separately for various courses.
It will be necessary for the candidates to score minimum cut of marks to get selected for admission. Cut off will be released based on various factors i.e. candidate’s rank, total availability of seats etc.
PTU 2021 Counselling
PTU counselling registration done based on various steps i.e. fee payment, registration, choice filling etc. Counselling is organized through online mode. It is necessary for the candidates to attend counselling process.
Counselling procedure will be completed based on the following steps:
Candidates will have to submit counselling fee to attend the counselling process. Candidates will need to submit Rs. 2000 registration fee. It will be submitted through online mode using debit card/ credit card or net banking.
After submission of the counselling fee candidates will have to register themselves through online mode. Candidates must fill all required details i.e. basic, qualification, communication etc.
Candidates must have to fill college choices on the basis of their preferences. Choice filling process will be started as per the schedule. Do not forget to take printout of the filled choices for future references.
Candidates will be able to check their results or seat allotment through login credentials. Message will be send to the selected candidates in their registered number.
After seat allotment candidates will have to report at the allotted college. Candidates must bring their original documents for verification process. After verification of documents candidates will need to submit college fee to confirm their admission.
If candidates will not be able to submit original documents for verification then seats will be cancelled to them.
Here we have mentioned the documents which will be needed for verification:
- 10th class marks sheet and certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and certificate
- Degree certificate
- Birth certificate
- Seat allotment letter
- Character certificate
- Residence certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Counselling fee deposited slip
- Gap certificate (if needed)
- Caste certificate
If you have any other query about PTU Exam 2021 then you can ask us by leaving your queries below.