PTU Exam 2023: Counselling (Started), Dates, Result, Allotment
PTU 2023 Direct Counselling has been started for various UG & PG courses. It is a centralized counselling procedure conducted by IK Gujarat Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU). Counselling procedure is conducted for candidates seeking admission in UG and PG courses in the field of Engineering, Management, Commerce, Pharmacy, IT, and Science field. The application form for PTU has been released through online mode. The admission procedure for other various courses is based on National Level entrance exam. In this article we have provided details about PTU Admission 2023 such as admission dates, application form, eligibility, etc.
PTU 2023 Notifications – Counselling Started (Direct)
PTU 2023 Direct Counselling has been started for various UG & PG courses via offline mode. Check here for counselling details.
PTU 2024 Admission in various courses will be done through merit list. Know more details about PTU Exam 2024 here.
PTU 2023 Counselling Result (2nd Round) has been declared on 17th July 2023 for B.Tech & other UG courses. Check here for counselling details.
PTU 2023 Counselling Result (1st Round) has been released on 29th June 2023 for B.Tech & other UG courses. Check here for counselling details.
PTU Exam 2023 Allotment Letter has been released for Round II. Check here for counselling details.
PTU Exam 2023 Counselling Result has been released for Round II on 14th June 2023. Check here for counselling details.
PTU 2023 Admission Dates
Check the official admission dates for PTU Admission 2023 given below:
|Events||Starting Date||End Date|
|Registration||started||6th June 2023|
|Rank preparation, counselling result & announcement of result||7th June 2023|
|Reporting||8th June 2023||9th June 2023|
|Registration||8th July 2023||13th July 2023|
|Counselling Result||17th July 2023|
|Reporting||18th July 2023||21st July 2023|
PTU 2023 Application Form
Following are the details about PTU 2023 Application form provided below:
- The PTU 2023 application form has been released from 10th May 2023.
- Candidates are able to submit the application form through online mode.
- Only eligible candidates are allowed to fill the IK Gujral Punjab Technical University application form.
- Candidates need to fill in all the details very carefully such as Name, Father’s Name, and Mother’s Name in the application form.
- All the details in application form must be correct as if there will be any wrong information application form may get rejected.
- After entering the details in application form, upload the scanned documents like photograph and signature.
- The last date to submit the IKGPTU application form will be till 13th July 2023.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future references.
- The application fee can be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates must submit the application fee by Debit card, Credit card, and Net banking for transaction.
The application fee for PTU for every candidate will be as follow:
|General category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ ST category candidate||Rs. 250/-|
How to Apply for PTU
- Step-1: Visit the website of PTU admission link (Link is given above).
- Step-2: Register yourself by providing basic details asked.
- Step-3: After successful registration, login using the credentials.
- Step-4: Fill the application form by entering the details with qualification details, courses opted for, stream, etc.
- Step-5: Make the payment of application fee, and you will receive confirmation message on successful payment.
- Step-6: Take the printout of the filled application form for future reference.
PTU 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility criteria for PTU Admission 2023 exam provided below:
For Undergraduate course:
- Qualification: Candidate must pass 12th class or equivalent from any recognized board or university.
- Marks: In qualifying exam, candidate must have different marks according to the courses.
- Appearing: Those candidates who are appearing in final exam can also apply.
For Postgraduate course:
- Qualification: Candidate must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university/ institute.
- Marks: Candidate must secure marks according to the courses applied in different programs.
- Appearing: Those candidates who are appearing in final exam are also eligible to apply for exam.
For B.Tech course:
- Qualification: Candidate must pass 12th exam or equivalent from recognized board or by Central/ State government.
- Mandatory Subject: Applying candidates must have Physics & Mathematics as their mandatory subject in their qualifying exam to be eligible.
- Marks: In qualifying exam candidate must obtain at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates).
For M.Tech course:
- Qualification: Candidate must have qualified B.Tech/ B.E in relevant field from any recognized board or university.
- Marks: Candidate obtain at least 50% marks (45% for candidate belonging to reserved category) in qualifying exam.
- Score card: Applying candidate must have valid score of GATE exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
PTU 2023 Result/ Merit List
The PTU Result has been declared after the entrance exam will be conducted. The result is available through online mode. Candidates are able to check the result by using login credentials like date of birth and enrolment number.
The authorities has also prepared merit list for the successful qualified candidates as per their marks in the exam. The result contain the name of shortlisted candidates for further admission procedure.
PTU 2023 Cut Off
IK Gujral Punjab Technical University (PTU) will publish the cut off list for various courses to get admission in UG and PG programs every year. The cut off marks is the minimum marks required for you take admission for the courses offered by PTU.
The PTU 2023 exam cut off will be set by the university every year. The cut off will be release separately and it will announce for different courses. There will be various factors determining the cut off like number of seats allotted, number of candidates, difficulty level, and the category of the appearing candidate.
PTU 2023 Counselling
PTU Counselling procedure has been started through online mode. PTU Counselling comprise of fee payment, registration, choice filling, etc. Counselling registration for second round has been started from 8th July 2023. Allotment result has been declared on 17th July 2023 for the same.
The authority conducts the counselling based on the merit list for shortlisting the candidates.
- Fee Payment: Candidate have to submit the counselling fee of Rs. 2000/- using Debit card, Credit card, and Net Banking.
- Online Registration: After paying the counselling fee, register by providing basic details, qualification, etc.
- Choice Filling: Fill the college choice as per the prescribed schedule based on your preference. Take the printout of the filled choice for future reference.
- Seat Allotment: The seat allotment has been made by the authorities based on the candidates rank and preferences provided. Check the allotment process using your login credentials. The message will be sent for the same to the registered mobile number.
- Reporting: After seat allotment, report at the allotted college for the document verification and admission process.
Candidates must carry following documents at the time of reporting for verification purpose:
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Birth certificate
- Degree certificate
- Character certificate
- Seat allotment letter
- Residence certificate
- Counselling fee deposit slip
- Gap certificate
If you have any other query related to PTU Admission 2023 you can ask in comment section below.