PUCET 2020: Application (Till 17th Sep), Exam Dates (Revised), Eligibility
PUCET 2020 Exam Dates have been revised. Application Form Last date has been extended till 17th September 2020 for PG courses & till 19th September 2020 for UG. It is conducted every year by Panjab University, Chandigarh. It is a university level entrance exam organized to provide admission into UG, PG & doctoral level courses. For admission into UG courses, PUCET UG entrance test is organized by the University. Candidates qualifying the PUCET UG test will get admission into B. Pharmacy and B.Sc. (Hons.) programme. The University provides admission into B.Sc (Hons) through Choice based credit system (CBCS). Here in this article, candidates will get complete information regarding PUCET 2020 application form, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility, admit card, result etc.
PUCET 2020 Notifications – Application Extended Till 17th Sep
PUCET 2020 Application Form Last date has been extended till 17th September 2020 for PG courses & till 19th September 2020 for UG. Check here for application details.
PUCET 2020 Exam Dates have been revised. The exam will be held on 4th October 2020 for PUCET-UG and on 10th & 11th October 2020 for PUCET-PG.
PUCET 2020 Important Dates
We have mentioned the exam dates of PUCET 2020 entrance exam below:
|Events ||Dates 2020|
|PUCET – UG||PUCET – PG|
|Starting of application form||11th March 2020||23rd April 2020|
|Closing of application form||19th September 2020||17th September 2020|
|Last date of information submission to generate the bank challan & online fee payment||23rd September 2020||21st September 2020|
|Last date of deposit of fee in any SBI branch using website generated challan & last date of fee deposit through online mode||23rd September 2020||21st September 2020|
|Last of uploading image (photograph, specimen of signature) with other details||25th September 2020||24th September 2020|
|Admit card release||28th September 2020||1st October 2020|
|Last date to apply with late fee Rs.500 (for students with incomplete form but have made fee payment)||1st October 2020||7th October 2020|
|PUCET 2020 Exam date||4th October 2020||10th & 11th October 2020|
|Release of Answer key||October 2020||21st October 2020|
|Last date to submit objections for answer key||October 2020||23rd October 2020|
|Uploading of response to the submitted objections||October 2020||27th October 2020|
|Last date of cross objections to answer key||October 2020||29th October 2020|
|Release of result||16th – 19th October 2020||7th to 10th November 2020|
|Availability of online admission form||October 2020||–|
|Release of merit list||October 2020||–|
|Online filling of preferences||November 2020||–|
|Display of merit list for 1st Counselling||November 2020||–|
PUCET 2020 Application Form
Details of PUCET 2020 Application form can be checked by the candidates below:
- The PUCET 2020 Application process has been started from 11th March 2020 via online mode for UG-CET. PUCET- PG application has been started from 23rd April 2020.
- Candidate must submit the application form before the last date i.e. 19th September 2020 for UG and till 17th September 2020 for PG.
- Candidates are advised to verify the complete details filled in the application before the final submission. No application correction facility will be provided later.
- The Application process will contain steps like Registration, Filling form details, Uploading of Images and Application Fee payment.
- No need to send the filled in application form to the University.
- Candidate must keep the printout of the filled application form for further use.
Mode of Payment: Candidate can pay the fee online by debit card/credit card or net banking or via offline mode (SBI E-Challan).
Check category wise application fee in the below table:
|Category||UG Application Fee||PG Application Fee|
|General Category||Rs. 2175/. (PCM/PCB/M)||Rs. 2175/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs. 1088/. (PCM/PCB/M)||Rs. 1088/-|
|Additional Paper||Rs. 300 (UG); (Biology/Maths)||Rs.575/-|
PUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the complete PUCET 2020 Eligibility criteria below:
- Nationality: Applying candidate must be an Indian National.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 10+2 level from CBSC, Delhi or any other recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must secure minimum of 50% (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD) in 12th level.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidates must have passed 12th level with Physics, English, Chemistry subjects and any one Mathematics/ Biology/Biotechnology subjects.
- Age Limit: For BHMS, candidate should complete the 17 years as on 31st December at the time of admission.
PUCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below PUCET 2020 complete exam pattern before starting the test preparation:
- Mode of Exam: PUCET 2020 Exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Time Duration: For each section, 70 minutes will be given. PWD candidates will get 20 minutes extra.
- Medium Language: The paper will be available in English.
- Type of Questions: The test paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
Check the distribution of questions and total marks in the given below table:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
PUCET 2020 Syllabus
PUCET 2020 Syllabus will be from of 11th and 12th level topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
Some of the topics from each subject are:
Physical world and measurement, kinematics, law of motions, work energy and power, motion of systems and particles and rigid body gravitation, properties of bulk matter, thermodynamics behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory and oscillation and waves, etc.
Some of basic concept of chemistry, structure of atom, classifications of element and periodicity in properties, chemical bonding and molecular structure, hydrogen, S-blocks elements, organic chemistry- some basic principle and techniques, thermodynamics, equilibrium, redox reactions, hydrocarbons etc.
Diversity in living world, structural organization in animals and plants, cell structure and functions, plant physiology, human anatomy and physiology, etc.
Sets, relation and functions, principle of mathematical induction, binomial theorem, sequence and series, conic sections, introduction to three- dimensional geometry, limits and derivatives, mathematical reasoning, statics and probability, etc
PUCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Here we have provided some preparation tips to score well and qualify PUCET 2020 test:
- Check the complete syllabus prescribed by the officials by online mode.
- Make proper time table for study and follow it.
- Do not skip any important topic of the syllabus.
- Always be aware of the exam pattern, marking scheme and the syllabus.
- Take care of your health during your preparation period.
- Mark the questions that you think are important for the exam.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
PUCET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates will be issued admit card of PUCET 2020 after the successful registration process. To download the admit card online students need to enter their login credentials.
PUCET admit card will be available for download on 28th September 2020 for UG and 1st October for PG. No hard copy will be sent to the students through offline mode. The admit card will contain details of exam and appearing candidate.
PUCET 2020 Answer Key
PUCET 2020 Answer key will be published in October 2020 for UG courses and 21st October 2020 for PG through online mode few days after the exam will get over. Through answer key, students will be able to evaluate their estimated score of entrance exam.
Candidates have to download the answer key as per the exam they have opted and the code of their respective paper.
If in case there is a disparity in the marking, candidates must write an official letter to the exam conducting body within two days of declaration of the answer key.
PUCET 2020 Result
PUCET 2020 Result will be published by the university on 16th to 19th October 2020 (for UG). Candidate can view their result only through the online mode by entering their login details. For PG, the result will be out on 7th to 11th November 2020.
Also, the scorecards will available for download. No separate score card will be sent to the candidates individually.
After release of PUCET result and scorecard, merit list will be prepared based on the candidate’s performance in the examination.
PUCET 2020 Cut Off
PUCET 2020 Cut Off is the minimum marks candidates must secure in the test in order to be eligible for admission. For General candidates 15% and SC/ ST/ PWD/ BC 10% of the total marks must be secured in the entrance exam to get qualified.
Candidate will be offered admission based on the final merit list which will be prepared by combining 75% weightage given to PUCET 2020 test percentile score + class 12th marks + weightage for other activities.
PUCET 2020 Counselling
PUCET 2020 Counselling will be conducted online. It will be held in three rounds. Students have to fill their preferences online for admission to various courses. The admission form for counselling process will be available from November 2020 for UG.
Students have to go through various steps of counselling – Filling the admission form, locking of choices and reporting to the institute.
Seats will be allotted to the candidates based on the order of prepared merit list. Also, students have to bring their necessary documents for verification.
The documents to be carried during PUCET counselling are:
- Counselling letter
- PUCET 2020 Admit Card
- Medical Certificate
- Class X and XII mark sheets
- Category certificate (if applicable), etc.
For any other query regarding PUCET 2020, you can ask your query by leaving you comment below.