PUCET 2020: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
PUCET 2020 is conducted every year by Panjab University, Chandigarh. It is a university level entrance exam organized to provide admission into UG, PG & doctoral level courses. For admission into UG courses, PUCET UG entrance test is organized by the University. Candidates qualifying the PUCET UG test will get admission into B. Pharmacy and B.Sc. (Hons.) programme. The University provides admission into B.Sc (Hons) through Choice based credit system (CBCS). Here in this article, candidates will get complete information regarding PUCET 2020 application form, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility, admit card, result etc.
PUCET 2020 Important Dates
We have mentioned the tentative exam dates of PUCET 2020 entrance exam below:
|Starting of application form||3rd week of April 2020|
|Closing of application form||3rd week of May 2020|
|Admit card release||Last week of May 2020|
|PUCET 2020 Exam date||Last week of April to first week of June 2020|
|Release of Answer key||1st week of June 2020|
|Release of result||2nd week of June 2020|
|Starting of Counselling||June 2020|
PUCET 2020 Application Form
Details of PUCET 2020 Application form can be checked by the candidates below:
- The PUCET 2020 Application process will start from the third week of April 2020 via online mode.
- Candidate must submit the application form before the last date i.e. third week of May 2020.
- Candidates are advised to verify the complete details filled in the application before the final submission. No application correction facility will be provided later.
- The Application process will contain steps like Registration, Filling form details, Uploading of Images and Application Fee payment.
- No need to send the filled in application form to the University.
- Candidate must keep the printout of the filled application form for further use.
Mode of Payment: Candidate can pay the fee online by debit card/credit card or net banking or via offline mode (SBI E-Challan).
Check category wise application fee in the below table:
|General Category (PCM/PCB/M)||Rs. 2100/.|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates (PCM/PCB/M)||Rs. 1050/.|
|Additional Paper (Biology/Maths)||Rs. 300/.|
PUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the complete PUCET 2020 Eligibility criteria below:
- Nationality: Applying candidate must be an Indian National.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 10+2 level from CBSC, Delhi or any other recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must secure minimum of 50% (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD) in 12th level.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidates must have passed 12th level with Physics, English, Chemistry subjects and any one Mathematics/ Biology/Biotechnology subjects.
- Age Limit: For BHMS, candidate should complete the 17 years as on 31st December at the time of admission.
PUCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below PUCET 2020 complete exam pattern before starting the test preparation:
- Mode of Exam: PUCET 2020 Exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Time Duration: For each section, 70 minutes will be given. PWD candidates will get 20 minutes extra.
- Medium Language: The paper will be available in English.
- Type of Questions: The test paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
Check the distribution of questions and total marks in the given below table:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
PUCET 2020 Syllabus
PUCET 2020 Syllabus will be from of 11th and 12th level topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
Some of the topics from each subject are:
Physical world and measurement, kinematics, law of motions, work energy and power, motion of systems and particles and rigid body gravitation, properties of bulk matter, thermodynamics behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory and oscillation and waves, etc.
Some of basic concept of chemistry, structure of atom, classifications of element and periodicity in properties, chemical bonding and molecular structure, hydrogen, S-blocks elements, organic chemistry- some basic principle and techniques, thermodynamics, equilibrium, redox reactions, hydrocarbons etc.
Diversity in living world, structural organization in animals and plants, cell structure and functions, plant physiology, human anatomy and physiology, etc.
Sets, relation and functions, principle of mathematical induction, binomial theorem, sequence and series, conic sections, introduction to three- dimensional geometry, limits and derivatives, mathematical reasoning, statics and probability, etc
PUCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Here we have provided some preparation tips to score well and qualify PUCET 2020 test:
- Check the complete syllabus prescribed by the officials by online mode.
- Make proper time table for study and follow it.
- Do not skip any important topic of the syllabus.
- Always be aware of the exam pattern, marking scheme and the syllabus.
- Take care of your health during your preparation period.
- Mark the questions that you think are important for the exam.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
PUCET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates will be issued admit card of PUCET 2020 after the successful registration process. To download the admit card online students need to enter their login credentials.
The admit card will be available for download in the last week of May 2020. No hard copy will be sent to the students through offline mode. The admit card will contain details of exam and appearing candidate.
PUCET 2020 Answer Key
PUCET 2020 Answer key will be published online few days after the exam will get over. Through answer key, students will be able to evaluate their estimated score of entrance exam.
Candidates have to download the answer key as per the exam they have opted and the code of their respective paper.
If in case there is a disparity in the marking, candidates must write an official letter to the exam conducting body within two days of declaration of the answer key.
PUCET 2020 Result
PUCET 2020 Result will be published by the university in the first week of June 2020. Candidate can view their result only through the online mode by entering their login details.
Also, the scorecards will available for download. No separate score card will be sent to the candidates individually.
After release of result and scorecard, merit list will be prepared based on the candidate’s performance in the examination.
PUCET 2020 Cut Off
PUCET 2020 Cut Off is the minimum marks candidates must secure in the test in order to be eligible for admission. For General candidates 15% and SC/ST/PWD/BC 10% of the total marks must be secured in the entrance exam to get qualified.
Candidate will be offered admission based on the final merit list which will be prepared by combining 75% weightage given to PUCET 2020 test percentile score + class 12th marks + weightage for other activities.
PUCET 2020 Counselling
PUCET 2020 Counselling will be conducted online. It will be held in three rounds. Students have to fill their preferences online for admission to various courses.
Students have to go through various steps of counselling – Filling the admission form, locking of choices and reporting to the institute.
Seats will be allotted to the candidates based on the order of prepared merit list. Also, students have to bring their necessary documents for verification.
The documents to be carried during counselling are:
- Counselling letter
- PUCET 2020 Admit Card
- Medical Certificate
- Class X and XII mark sheets
- Category certificate (if applicable), etc.
For any other query regarding PUCET 2020, you can ask your query by leaving you comment below.