SSB Interview 2020, SSB Registration- Check Dates & Procedure
NDA (I) 2020 SSB Interview Registration will be started from the month of November 2020. SSB (Service Selection Board) is an organization which is set-up by the Ministry of Defence, India. Service Selection Board is the body that schedule, organize and conduct the SSB Interview of the candidates applying for Indian Military Forces. SSB Screens the candidates for the Army, Navy and Air Force. SSB Interview is five days long procedure which includes two stages of testing as stage I & stage II. This procedure will be organized at the SSB Centers (designated by SSB). SSB Interview also includes Intelligence & Personality Test. Here, we have updated the complete details about SSB Interview which includes updates for SSB exam, preparation tips & books, SSB Interview dates and SSB online procedure.
SSB NDA 2020 Dates
Here, candidates can check the dates related to the NDA exam including all procedures till selection procedure.
|NDA I||NDA II|
|NDA 2020 Notification||8th January 2020||16th June 2020|
|Release of Application Form||8th January 2020||16th June 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||28th January 2020 (till 6 pm)||6th July 2020|
|Release of Admit card||10th August 2020||10th August 2020|
|NDA 2020 Exam||6th September 2020||6th September 2020|
|Announcement of Results||9th October 2020||9th October 2020|
Candidates applying for the Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force have to secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in written test & Officer Potentiality Test.
Candidates applying for the Air Force, they also have to qualify the Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) & Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) separately.
Admissions Closing Shortly
PABT Test is applicable for the candidates those First choice is Air Force. PABT is also organized for all SSB qualified candidates with one of the choices as Air Force.
Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) is a unique test. Its aim to assess a candidate’s aptitude to be trained as a pilot. Candidates can only take PABT once in a lifetime. PABT consist of three tests, i.e. Instrument Battery Test (INSB), Control Velocity Test (CVT) and Sensory Motor Apparatus Test (SMA).
SSB Interview Round
Candidates have to qualify one of the exams for undergoing the SSB Interview. The exams are:
- National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (NDA & NA Exam)
- Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
- Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)
SSB Interview will be scheduled for the qualified candidates followed by upper given exams. It is necessary for all qualified candidates to appear in the SSB Interview round for final selection.
The final selection will be made on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the examination & SSB Interview. Candidates have to report for SSB rounds on the date intimated to the candidates in the call letter for interview.
The SSB interview consists of two stages i.e. stage I and stage II. The stage (I) will consist of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP & DT). The stage (II) will consist of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These test will be organized over 4 or 5 days. The entire process will carry 900 marks.
SSB Interview Procedure
The SSB Interview Procedure comprises of two stage selection process: Stage I & Stage II. Candidates, those qualify the Stage I, only they are permitted to appear for Stage II. The complete procedure is given below:
Stage 1: This stage consists of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP & DT). Stage 1 is a screening test. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of combined performance in OIR Test and PP & DT.
Stage 2: This stage is conducted for four (4) days. Stage II consists of Psychology Tests, Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Interview & Conference.
Five Days SSB Selection Procedure
Day 0 (Reporting):
On this day, candidates have to report to the selection center. Candidate’s original documents along with photocopies will be verified. After the documents verification, Personal Information Questionnaire (PIQ) Forms will be filled.
PIQ Forms: In this form, candidates have to fill their personal details regarding educational profile, family background, etc. This form is very important. It forms a base of questions, which might be put to an aspirant at the individual interview round. The responses will be analyzed by the psychologist of the Board.
Day 1 (Screening Test):
On the next day, it is the Stage 1. Candidates have to give an Intelligence Test (Verbal & Non-Verbal) & Picture Perception Test. In PP test, slide (hazy or clear) is shown for 30 seconds & candidates have to write the story. After finishing this test, the group discussion round takes place. This sequence is commonly known as Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT).
Intelligence Test: It comprises of both; verbal and non-verbal questions. It is a written test which includes multiple choice questions. The time allotted to answering each question is 30 seconds.
Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PP & DT): This test includes story writing and discussion. A picture will be shown to the candidates for 30 seconds and candidates have to write a story based on the picture in 3 minutes.
Day 2 (Psychology Tests):
It is a set written tests, organized by a Psychologist. In these tests, candidates psychological suitability will be checked to be an officer. These tests include:
- Thematic Apperception Test (TAT): It is called as Picture Story writing. This test is very similar to PPDT. In this test, about 11 pictures will be shown. Each picture will be displayed just for 30 seconds after that candidates have to write a story based on the picture within 4 minutes. After 4 minutes another picture will be displayed and the same procedure will be followed till the last slide. The twelfth slide will be blank where a candidate is supposed to write any story of their own choice.
- Word Association Test (WAT): It is the second psychological test of SSB selection procedure. In this test, 60 words will be shown back to back for a period of 50 seconds. Candidates have to write the first thought that comes to their mind for those words.
- Situation Reaction Test (SRT): In this test, candidates will get a booklet with 60 situations written on it. Candidates have to write their responses based on those 60 situations.
- Self Description Test (SD): In this test, candidates have to write their opinion about their parents, themselves, friends, teachers & others. The time will be allotted 15 minutes.
Day 3 & Day 4 – Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks):
These Tests are interactive indoor and outdoor activities as a combination of mental and physical work. These tests are as follows:
- Group Discussion: In this round, a certain situation or topic (mostly current affairs) is given to a group of candidates. They are expected to discuss the various aspects of the issue. Group Task Officer observes each candidate during the course of the group discussion.
- Group Planning Exercise (Military Planning Exercise): In this round, a model of real life practical circumstances is presented to a group of applicants. They have to write their own plan of action for the mentioned problem.
- Progressive Group Tasks (PGT): In this round, the group of candidates has to cross some obstacles with the help of supporting materials such as rope, plank, wood log etc.
- Half Group Tasks: This round is same as PGT but the numbers of group members will half. Candidates get more chance to show their potential.
- Individual Obstacles: In this round, candidates are required to attempt 10 obstacles individually.
- Group Obstacles Race or Snake Race: In this round, all group members will compete to the other groups. Candidates are required to cross certain obstacles with the snake-like rope.
- Command Task: In this task, an aspirant will be a commander. He will be required to cross some obstacles with the help of 2-3 subordinates.
- Lecturette: In this round, each individual has to give a lecture for 3 minutes on a topic selected by them.
- Final Group Task: It is same as PGT. Candidates have another chance to show their potential.
On the same day, the candidate’s interview will be conducted. It involves a personal conversation with an Interviewing Officers.
Day 5 (Conference):
On the final day, candidates & all the SSB board member sit together and have a chat to the candidates to ask a few general questions. The conference is just to decide whether you recommend as an officer in Indian defense forces or not. Candidates are required to come before the complete Board of Examiners, which is consisted of President, Deputy President, all the GTOs, all the psychologists and Technical Officer.
Within an hour, the SSB result will be declared after completion of the board meeting. Selected candidates undergo medical test for further 3 or 5 days. After qualifying candidate’s medical test, the final merit list will be announced.
SSB Preparation Tips
SSB NDA preparation schedule must be well-planned and organized. Prepare for the exam as per the syllabus. Include the best preparation books and earlier years question papers in your study materials. To clear exam, only written test is not the key you should be physically and mentally fit to clear the selection process (SSB). Here, we are providing some preparation tips to pass the SSB Interview:
Be Confident: You have to maintain a confidence & a positive frame of mind. You have to believe in your capabilities. Make your weakness as your strong points.
Self- Awareness: Prepare for it beforehand. The examiner usually looks for your ability to self-analyze, the aim of your life & determination, your thinking and mentality about your parents, friends, family, teachers, neighbors and other. Write everything you know about yourself and your near ones. It helps you to know your positive, negative & achievements.
Practice writing & analyzing: You have to improve your writing skills. You have to practice writing about anything you see.
Stay Fit: You have to keep fit so that you can qualify all the physical activities with ease. Good Health helps you get a clearance in the medical tests. You can start mild jogging and stamina building exercises.
Personality Development: It is not enough that you should be a very intelligent person but you have to be strong, mature & possess a well-developed personality. Make communication with the people which help you to in lecturette round & also in every task that requires public speaking.
During group discussions, you have to focus these things in your mind:
- While writing your story and just after completing it, don’t look at the officers.
- Maintain your body language.
- In GD, don’t argue with others: allow them to speak.
- Wait for the right time to put your strong points of the story.
Documents Required for Interview:
Candidates have to bring their original documents. Candidates have to produce original documents soon after qualifying the SSB Interview. The documents will be returned after verification.
- 10+2 or Equivalent Examination Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Ten passport size photographs
- Call Letter
If you have any other query about SSB interview, you can leave your comments below.