TANCET 2022 Syllabus – Get Complete Subject Wise TANCET Syllabus
TANCET 2022 Syllabus is provided by the Anna University on the website. Candidates can check it by online mode. TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam. It is organized by the Anna University, Chennai. The exam is a gateway to get admission in the state universities of the state. It is conducted on the behalf of Government of Tamil Nadu. Candidates can get admission in the M.Tech/M.E./M.Plan/M.Arch/MBA/ MCA/ and lateral entry of MCA programmes. In this article candidates will get the details of TANCET syllabus 2022.
Admission Open 2022
TANCET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for all the courses offered by the university is different. Here, we are providing the syllabus of every course. Candidates can check the syllabus for which they have applied.
TANCET 2022 Hall Ticket has been made available from 2nd May 2022. The admit card is made available via online mode through the website. Candidates must note that the hall ticket must be produced at the time of exam and also at the time of admission process.
Engineering Mathematics (Common to all Candidates) Syllabus:
- Determinants and Matrices: Solving system of equations – Rank of the Matrix – Eigenvalues and eigenvectors – Reduction of quadratic form to canonical form.
- Calculus and Differential Equations: Partial derivatives – Jacobians – Taylor’s expansion – Maxima and Minima. Linear ordinary differential equations with constant coefficients – Simultaneous first order linear equations with constant coefficients. Formation of partial differential equation (PDE) – Solution of first order PDE – Solution of linear higher order PDE with constant coefficients.
- Vector Calculus: Double and triple integrations and their applications – Gradient, Divergence, Curl and Laplacian – Green’s, Gauss divergence and Stroke’s theorem.
- Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration: Analytic functions – Conformal Mapping – Bilinear transformation – Cauchy’s integral theorem and integral formula – Taylor and Laurent Series – Singularities – Residues – Residue theorem and its applications.
- Transforms: Laplace Transform – Inverse transforms – Application to solution of linear ordinary differential equations with constant coefficients. Fourier integral theorem – Fourier transform pair – Sine and Cosine transforms. – transform – Inverse Z–transform – Solution of difference equations using Z– transform.
- Numerical Methods: Solution of linear system by direct and iterative methods – Interpolation and approximation – Numerical Differentiation and Integration – Solving Ordinary Differential Equations.
- Applied Probability: Probability and Random variables – Standard Discrete and Continuous distribution – Moments – Moment generating function and their properties. Two Dimensional Random Variables – Covariance – Correlation and Regression.
Basic Engineering & Sciences (Common to all Candidates) Syllabus:
- Applied Mechanics: Law of Mechanics – Lame’s theorem – Forces, Moments and Couples – Displacement, velocity and Acceleration – Friction – Moment of Inertia.
- Mechanical Engineering: Laws of thermodynamics – Open and closed systems – Equation of state – Heat and Work.
- Physics: Sound – Latices – Ultrasonic flaw detector – X-ray radiography – Interference Fringes – Planck’s quantum theory – Laser and Fibre Optics.
- Material Science: Fracture – Magnetic and Dielectric materials – Conductor and Semi conductor materials – Ceramic and Super conductor materials.
- Civil Engineering: Fluid Statics and Dynamics – Boundary Layer – Pumps and Turbines – Environmental Pollution.
- Electrical Engineering: Ohm’s law – Kirchoff’s law – A.C. circuits – D.C. machines – Transformers – Synchronous machines – Instrumentation.-
- Computers: Computer organization – Architecture – Arrays – Pointers – User defined function – C program.
- Chemistry: Adsorption – Chromatography – Chemical kinetics – Electrochemistry – Spectroscopy – Fuels and Combustion.
Structural Engineering, Structural Analysis, Building Materials, Concrete Structures, Steel Structures, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Transportation Engineering: Highway Planning, Water Resources Engineering, Hydrology and Ground Water, Environmental Engineering, Noise pollution and Control, Surveying.
Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology:
Applied Probability and Operations Research, Discrete Mathematical Structures, Compiler Design, Operating Systems and System Software, Distributed Systems, Programming And Data Structures, Algorithm Analysis and Design Techniques, Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, Digital Signal Processing, Computer Networks, Database Management Systems, Software Engineering Methodologies, Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Computing, Security In Computing.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering:
Electrical Circuits and Fields, Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Power Electronics and Drives, Microprocessor and Microcontrollers, Digital Signal Processing, High Voltage Engineering, Electric energy-Conservation and utilization.
Electronics and Communication Engineering:
Circuit Analysis, Electronic Devices, Electronic Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Communication Theory and Systems, Optical Communication, Signals and System.
Mechanics, Kinetics and Dynamics, Strength of Materials and Design, CAD / CAM / CIM / FEA, Materials Science and Metallurgy, Production Technology, Metrology and Measurements, Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Fluid Mechanics.
Click here for Syllabus (in PDF)
The question paper will have sections to:
- Evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.
- Evaluate the skill of the candidate in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.
- Evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems at graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level.
- Test on determining data sufficiency for answering certain questions using the given data and the knowledge of mathematics and use of day-to-day facts.
- Test the knowledge on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.
The question paper will have the following sections:
- Quantitative ability
- Analytical reasoning
- Logical reasoning
- Computer awareness
A few questions may also be on verbal activity, basic science, etc
If you have any other queries about TANCET 2022 Syllabus, you can leave your comments below in the comment box.