TISSNET 2020 Syllabus – Get Complete Syllabus Here
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus will contain topics like General Awareness, English Proficiency, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation. Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) will conduct the university level exam named TISSNET. It is organized to offer admission in various PG courses like MA, MHA, M.Sc, etc. Students will be required to qualify the Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds to get admission. Through this article, candidates can check TISSNET Syllabus 2020.
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates preparing for the TISSNET exam, should consider the officially prescribed syllabus. Below we have provided the detailed syllabus for TISSNET 2020:
Syllabus for English Proficiency:
This section has been divided into two parts, i.e. verbal ability and reading comprehension. There would be one RC passage followed by five to six questions. The syllabus for both sections is given below:
Antonyms, Odd word out, Analogies, Right usage of words in fill in the blank, Word substitute in a sentence, Right usage of word in match the following, Idioms – Fill in the blank, Fill in the Blanks –Homophones, Idioms – Match the following, Error spotting -grammar/words/ punctuation and Sentence Correction.
Strengthen and Weaken, Purpose of the passage, Assumption and Supporting Statement, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Flaw and Discrepancy, Author’s Point of View, Passage based questions and Main idea of the passage.
Syllabus for General Awareness:
This section will contain topics like Environment & ecology, Economy, Policy, Politics, History, Governance, Law, International politics, current events, Labour, Gender, Health, Education, Media, ICTs, Literature, Art, Culture, Sports, etc.
Syllabus for Mathematics:
The syllabus for mathematics section contains logical reasoning and data interpretation sections.
Profit and Loss, Basic Geometry, Averages, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, etc.
Bar graph, Pie chart, Tables, Case lets, Double pie chart, Multiple graphs, Data comparison, Line graphs.
Number Series, Eye for detail, Alphabet Series, Statement Conclusion, Assumption, Arguments, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement, Logical Connectivity, Venn Diagram, Cubes and Puzzles.
TISSNET 2020 Exam Pattern
Here we are providing the TISSNET exam pattern including marking scheme and other details:
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be held through computer based mode.
- Language: The medium of language will be English only.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice (objective type) questions.
- Duration: The total exam duration will be 100 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will have one mark.
- Negative Marking: No marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
How to Prepare for TISSNET 2020
Candidates can follow the given below preparation tips for TISSNET 2020 examination:
- First of all prepare a strategy plan for your exam preparation.
- Get all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus and exam pattern.
- Make a suitable time-table covering all the syllabus of the entrance test.
- Preparing from the best study materials can help you to achieve good marks.
- Solve previous year question papers, to get familiarize with the exam pattern and question weightage.
- Take care of your health during exam preparation.
- Don’t take stress while preparing for the TISSNET examination.
If you have any other queries about TISSNET 2020 Syllabus, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.