UCEED 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Preparation, Syllabus
Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination For Design (UCEED) is administered by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Bombay) under the guidance of the UCEED Admissions committee. Candidates wishing for admission to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG) and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) must appear for UCEED 2018. Here, aspirants can get detailed information about UCEED 2018.
UCEED 2018 Exam Date
Check all the dates of UCEED for the academic year 2018-2019. Dates given here are tentative.
|Commencement of online application form||3rd week of October 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form without late fee||2nd week of November 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form with late fee||2nd week of November 2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||4th week of December 2017|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card||2nd week of January 2018|
|Date of Examination||4th week of January 2018|
|Publication of Draft Answer Key||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date for sending Comments about Draft Answer Key||4th week of January 2018|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of February 2018|
|Downloading of Score Card||4th week of February 2018|
|Application for B.Des programme||2nd week of June 2018|
|Seat Allotment Round 1||1st week of July 2018|
|Seat Allotment Round 2||2nd week of July 2018|
|Seat Allotment Round 3||3rd week of July 2018|
UCEED 2018 Application Form
- UCEED application form 2018 will be filled through online mode only.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application from the third week of October 2017.
- The application form without late fee will be submitted till the second week of November 2017.
- All the applicants are suggested to fill the application form within the stipulated time.
- Application form incomplete in any respect will be rejected.
Check the category-wise and gender-wise application fee of UCEED:
Candidate should fulfill each of the eligibility requirement to be eligible for UCEED 2018:
- Nationality: UCEED 2018 is open for Indian as well as foreign nationals.
- Age Limit: Candidates belonging from OPEN/ OBC-NCL category should have been born on or after 1 October, 1998 (1 October, 1993 for SC/ST/PwD category candidates).
- Number of Attempts: Candidate can take the UCEED examination for a maximum of two consecutive years.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must have passed the class 12th examination in 2017 or appearing in 2018 are eligible to apply. The qualifying examination can be passed/appearing in any stream (Science, Commerce, Arts & Humanities).
- Those who have passed/appearing the qualifying examination in 2016 or earlier are not eligible to apply.
UCEED 2018 Exam Pattern
UCEED exam pattern 2018 consists of structure of the paper including subjects, exam duration, marks allotted, negative marking and type of questions. It helps the students in preparation before they appear for the exam.
- Exam Mode: The examination of UCEED will be held in online mode (CBT).
- Number of Questions: The test will contain total 80 questions of maximum 300 marks.
- Type of Questions: Questions in each section will be of different type. Section A contains 20 questions of Numerical Answer Type (NAT). Section B contains total 20 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ). Section C contains 40 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Number of Sections: The paper will consist of 3 sections namely A, B and C.
- Exam Duration: The exam is of 3 hours duration.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer in Section A will carry 4 marks, Section B carries 4 marks for each right answer and for Section C, 3 marks will be given for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: There is a negative marking of 1 mark in section C only.
UCEED syllabus will include six topics namely Visualization and spatial ability, Observation and design sensitivity, Environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving. Candidates can go through the previous years question papers to know the kind of questions asked in the examination.
How to Prepare for UCEED
Know few tips to get good marks in UCEED:
- Create a study time-table.
- Practice previous years question papers of UCEED.
- Understand the complete exam pattern & syllabus.
- Take mock test.
- Good command in English is required. Candidate must know the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, grammar, reading comprehension, etc.
- Stay healthy.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
UCEED Admit Card 2018
Candidates who have successfully submitted their application form will be eligible to download the UCEED 2018 admit card from the last week of December 2017. Admit card contain details like Name, Roll Number, photograph, signature, examination schedule & examination centre details.
UCEED Answer Key
The draft answer key of UCEED 2018 will be released by the authority in 4th week of January 2018. Candidates can match their answers with the official answer key to estimate their marks.
UCEED 2018 Result
UCEED 2018 result will be declared in the third week of February 2018. Candidates can check their result by entering user login and password. All the qualified candidates can download their score card in the last week of February 2018. Rank list will be prepared based on the marks in UCEED 2018.
UCEED Admission Procedure
Candidates who have qualified the UCEED examination and want to take admission in IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and IIITDM Jabalpur are required to fill the common application form for admission to the B.Des programme. The application form will be available in the IIT Bombay admission portal. Seats will be allotted based on the applicant UCEED rank, category and choice of institutes.
For any queries regarding UCEED 2018, you may leave your comments below.