UCEED 2020: Answer Key (Released), Dates, Result, Admission
UCEED 2020 Final Answer Key has been released. The exam has been conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay under the guidance of UCEED Admissions committee. UCEED is a national level entrance test organized for admission into undergraduate design courses. Students securing the qualifying marks in the entrance exam will get admission into B.Des programme successfully. Admission will be offered to various participating institutions like IIT Bombay, IIITDM Jabalpur and IIT Guwahati on the basis of UCEED Scores. This test is open to all Indian and Foreign national candidates. Through this article, we have provided complete details related to UCEED 2020.
UCEED 2020 Notification – Final Answer Key Released
UCEED 2020 Final Answer Key & Question paper has been released on 4th February 2020. Check here for answer key details.
UCEED 2020 Candidates Responses has been released on 22nd January 2020 for Part A through login.
UCEED 2020 Result is releasing on 13th March 2020. Check here for result details.
UCEED 2020 Mock Test has been released on 14th January 2020 through login. Click here for mock test.
UCEED 2020 New Changes Introduced
- The exam pattern has been changed from this year. Check it from exam pattern section.
UCEED 2020 Important Dates
Check the official UCEED Dates in the below given table for various events of the exam:
|Release of Online Application Form||9th October 2019|
|Last date to submit the application||15th November 2019|
|Last date to register with late fee||20th November 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||27th December 2019|
|Last date to rectify discrepancies in the admit card||5th January 2020|
|UCEED 2020 Examination||18th January 2020|
|Publication of Answer key||21st January 2020|
|Last date to send comments related to Answer Key||27th January 2020|
|Final Answer key release||4th February 2020|
|Release of results & score card download||13th March 2020|
UCEED 2020 Answer Key
UCEED Answer Key (draft) has been released on 21st January 2020. Candidates can challenge the answer key in case any error is found in it. The comments/ suggestions related to answer key can be sent by the students till 27th January 2020.
The final answer key will be released on 4th February 2020.
After considering all the comments or suggestions, the UCEED committee will take final decision.
UCEED 2020 Result
After the completion of entrance exams, UCEED results will be released by online mode. To access the result, students are required to enter their Email id and password.
The results will be available on 13th March 2020. After release of results, merit list/rank list will be published releasing names of the qualified candidates.
UCEED 2020 Scorecard
With the release of results candidates will be able to download their UCEED 2020 Scorecard online. Students through scorecards will get to know various details like total marks, section-wise marks, category rank, etc.
No hard copy of the scorecard will be sent to the candidates under any circumstances.
UCEED 2020 Cut Off
UCEED Cut off will be released by board after the announcement of results. Students have to qualify the test with minimum cut off marks to be eligible to appear for counselling process.
The released cut off marks will vary for various category candidates. Cut off will be prepared based on various factors like number of seats available, number of candidates appearing for the test, total candidates passing the exam, difficulty level of paper.
UCEED 2020 Merit List
On the basis of ranks secured by the candidates, the board will release UCEED 2020 Merit List online. For admission of the candidates, students will be called as per their rank in the merit list.
In case tie arises between two or more candidates, tie will be solved by ranking higher the candidates scoring more marks in Section B. Still if the tie persists, candidates with more marks in Section A will be given priority. Again if the tie still arises, same rank will be given.
UCEED 2020 Admission
Students successfully securing the qualifying marks will be selected in the merit list and will be eligible for further admission process. UCEED Admission list will be prepared by the board and published online.
Eligible candidates have to fill the admission form mentioning their choice of preferred institution. After this, seats will be allocated to the candidates in various institutions as per their ranks and choices filled.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
UCEED 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the complete information of UCEED 2020 Application form below:
- UCEED 2020 Online Application Form has been released from 9th October 2019.
- Complete registration and application process will be done through online mode.
- The Application process of UCEED 2020 will consists of various steps – Online registration, filling the application form, uploading necessary documents and payment of application fee.
- At the time of uploading process, candidates have to upload their photograph, signature, ST/SC/OBC-NCL certificate, PwD/DA certificate and qualifying exam certificates.
- Candidates can correct/modify details in the application form before the last date of submission.
- Last date to fill and submit the application will be till 15th November 2019. However, students can also register for the exam till 16th November 2019 by paying certain amount of late fee.
UCEED 2020 Applicants have to pay the below application fee through online mode:
Note: Candidates registering after the last registration date are required to pay late fee of Rs.500.
For Examination Centers in India:
|Indian nationals/OCI/PIO candidates||For ST/SC/PwD/Female candidates||Rs.1500|
|For All other candidates||Rs. 3000|
|Foreign Nationals||Students from SAARC countries||USD 200|
|Students from Non-SAARC countries||USD 325|
For Examination Centers in Dubai:
|Indian nationals/OCI/PIO candidates||All Indian Nationals||USD 200|
|Foreign Nationals||Students from SAARC countries||USD 200|
|Students from Non-SAARC countries||USD 325|
UCEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates must go through the complete UCEED 2020 Eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Indian/Foreign/OCI /PIO card holders candidates are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Examination: Applying candidates must have passed their 12th level exams or its equivalent from any stream (Science, Commerce and Arts and Humanities) from a recognized board or university.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the last year of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- Age Criteria: Candidates of open category or OBC – NCL category must have been born on or after October 1, 1995. Candidates belonging to ST/SC/PwD category must have been born on or after October 1, 1990.
- Number of attempts: Candidates can attempt the test for a maximum number of two times. The scorecard of UCEED 2020 will be valid for one year.
UCEED 2020 Admit Card
UCEED Admit Card has been published few days before the commencement of exams. It has been released on 27th December 2019 by online mode through login. Students who have successfully submitted their application form will get admit card by entering their registered user id and password.
Along with the admit card, students have to carry their valid photo id proof for identity verification. Only after showing these documents, candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below the UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern, before starting your exam preparation:
- Exam Mode and Date: UCEED 2020 Exam will be organized on 18th January 2020 in online mode.
- Number of Sections: The exam paper will contain total of 3 sections.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain Numerical answer type questions in Section A, Multiple select questions in Section B and Multiple choice questions in Section C.
- Number of questions: There will be total of 69 questions in the question paper.
- Time Duration: The exam will be of 3 hours.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be in English.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 300 marks.
|Section||No. of Questions||Question Numbers||Marks if correct||Marks if wrong||Marks if not attempted||Total marks|
|Part A (240 marks, 2 hours 30 mins)|
|Part B (60 marks, 30 mins)|
|Total (Part A & Part B combined): 300 marks|
UCEED 2020 Syllabus
UCEED 2020 Syllabus will be released online for various topics – Visualization and Spatial ability, Environmental and social awareness, Observation and design sensitivity, Language and creativity, Analytical and logical reasoning and Design thinking and problem solving.
Detailed Syllabus for the topics is given below:
Visualization and spatial ability
Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
Environmental and social awareness
The topics in this section will be from Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible, history of art, sculpture and literature.
General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, etc.
Observation and design sensitivity
In this section, candidate’s ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes will be seen.
Candidate’s ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, and thinking critically about them, people, situations, and events will be checked.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
Candidate’s ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information will be checked.
Student’s ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question will be also seen.
Language and Creativity
Student’s ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box, ability to understand and use Standard English, reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar will seen in this section.
Design thinking and problem
In this section, ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols, ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions will be checked, etc.
Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.
UCEED 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can take help of below preparation tips, to enhance their exam preparation:
- Review and understand the complete syllabus, exam & marking pattern.
- Prepare and follow a study routine dividing time for various coming subjects.
- Take online or offline mock tests to know your preparation standards.
- Solve sample papers or previous year papers to know the exam trend.
- Make short notes and note down all the important points in one place.
If you have any query regarding UCEED 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.