UCEED 2023: Seat Allotment (Released), Exam Dates, Admission
UCEED 2023 Seat Allotment (2nd Round) has been released on 10th May 2023. UCEED stands for Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design and is a national-level entrance exam conducted jointly by IITs and IISc rotationally. Candidates interested in pursuing UG courses in Design from the participating institutions must appear for this exam. The exam is conducted for those candidates seeking admission in the B.Des program of IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IITDM Jabalpur. In this article, we have provided the complete details that candidates need to know about UCEED 2023 Admission.
UCEED 2023 Notifications – Allotment Released (2nd Round)
UCEED 2023 Seat Allotment (2nd Round) has been released on 10th May 2023.Check here for allotment details.
UCEED 2024 Syllabus has been revised. Click here to check revised syllabus.
Get complete details and the latest updates about UCEED 2024 here.
UCEED 2023 Result has been declared on 9th March 2023. Check here for result details.
UCEED 2023 Final Answer Key & Question Paper has been released on 30th January 2023. Check here for answer key details.
UCEED 2023 Exam Date has been announced. It has been held on 22nd January 2023. Check here for exam details.
Admission Open 2023
UCEED 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||UCEED 2023|
|Full-Form||Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design|
|Exam Types||UG Level (Undergraduate)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Application Mode||Online mode|
|Exam Mode||Online/ Offline mode|
UCEED 2023 Exam Dates
Following are the complete exam dates for UCEED 2023 Examination:
|Online Registrations start from||30th September 2022|
|Online Registrations end on||9th November 2022|
|Last date for Registration with late fees||16th November 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||13th January 2023|
|Last date to rectification of discrepancy in admit card||17th January 2023|
|Date of Examination||22nd January 2023|
|Availability of draft Answer Key||24th January 2023|
|Dates for correction of Answer Key||26th January 2023|
|Availability of final Answer Key||30th January 2023|
|Cut of marks for part-A||9th February 2023|
|Declaration of Result||9th March 2023|
|Start of score card downloading||11th March to 13th June 2023|
|Application for B.Des program||14th to 31st March 2023|
|1st allotment||10th April 2023|
|2nd allotment||10th May 2023|
|3rd allotment||10th June 2023|
UCEED 2023 Admission
The UCEED Admission process has been started from 14th March 2023 through online mode. Admission form is started through online mode. The exam conducting authority will also conduct the Joint Allocation Process admission in the B.Des program of IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IITDM Jabalpur.
Seat allotment has been released on 10th April 2023 for first round. It has been released on 10th May 2023 for second round. Candidates whose name appeared in the rank list will be eligible for the counselling rounds. At the time of counselling, candidates will have to select their preferences as per the rank.
On the basis of candidates’ scores and rank on the merit list, the authority will allocate the seat in their preferred institution. Candidates will have to report to their allotted center within a given period of time to confirm their seats.
UCEED 2023 Answer Key
The UCEED Answer Key has been released from 24th January 2023 through online mode. Authority has released the answer key in PDF format. Question paper has been released on 22nd January 2023.
Authority also provides the objection facility to the candidates after the release of the provisional answer key. Candidatesare able to challenge the answer key on or before 26th January 2023 (till 5 pm). The final answer key has been released on 30th January 2023.
UCEED 2023 Result
The authority has been declared UCEED Result on 9th March 2023. The result is provided through online mode. The result has been made available on the website and then the merit list will be prepared.
The UCEED Scorecard has been released by the exam conducting authority after few days of declaration of result i.e. 11th March 2023. Candidates must have to enter their registered Email ID and Password to check their scorecard.
There will be combined merit list with category wise merit list for all the candidates participating in the examination. All the candidates appeared for the entrance test will awarded test wise rank as per mark secured in the test prepared.
UCEED 2023 Cut Off
UCEED Cut-off The cut-off marks will be released by the exam conducting authority on the basis of various factors such as No. of candidates who appeared in the examination, the total no. of qualified candidates, average marks scored by candidates, etc. The cut-off will be released through online mode
It will be published separately for all the categories. The cut-off marks will also be released on the basis of the seat matrix in the participating institutions. Following are the cut off marks for various categories to be in the rank list:
|Category Rank List||Minimum Marks in Percentages||Minimum total Marks|
|Common rank List||10%||100|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
UCEED 2023 Application Form
Here we have mentioned some important instructions for filling the UCEED 2023 Application form:
- The application form for UCEED 2023 has been released from 30th September 2022.
- The application form can be filled out and submitted through online mode only.
- The details mentioned cannot be changed further, once the application form is submitted.
- Every candidate need to complete the submission of their application form before the specific dates as no application form will be accepted after the due date.
- Candidates can submit the application form till 9th November 2022 with regular fee and till 16th November 2022 with late fee.
- Candidates must take print out of the confirmation page should be sent along with the proof of fee payment for future reference.
Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode only. Various online payment gateways such as Credit cards, Debit cards, Net Banking, etc. can be used to pay the application fee. The application fee for various categories is given below:
- Women/ SC/ST candidates should pay the registration fee of Rs. 1800/- whereas other candidates need to pay Rs 3600/-.
- A late fee of Rs. 500/- is applicable for the candidates who fail to register for the exam within the given time.
UCEED Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check here UCEED Eligibility Criteria:
- Age Limit: Candidate belonging to general/ open or OBC/ NCL category should be born on or after 1st October 1998 whereas the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category should be born on or after 1st October 1993.
- Attempt Limit: The maximum number of attempts for this exam is two times and in consecutive years.
- Qualifying Examination: The candidates who have completed their class 12th or equivalent examination or the candidates appearing for the class 12th exam in 2023 are eligible for giving UCEED entrance exam.
- Stream: Candidates from all streams such as science, commerce, arts and humanities are eligible for giving the exam.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final examination on the 12th exam of 2023 can also apply for the UCEED.
UCEED 2023 Exam Pattern
Following are the complete exam pattern for the UCEED 2023:
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Medium: The medium of question paper is English.
- Marks: The question paper is of a total of 300 marks.
- Parts: The question paper will be divided into two parts Part-A and Part-B respectively.
- Mode of Examination: Part-A shall be conducted in online (Computer Based) mode and Part B will be conducted in offline (pen-paper) mode.
The section wised UCEED exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Question Numbers||Marks if correct||Marks if wrong||Total marks|
UCEED 2023 Syllabus
The UCEED question paper will contain the questions in 2 parts. Part-A will contain topics from the different topics given below:
- Visualization and spatial ability: Understanding of transformation and manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and specific concepts.
- Observation and design sensitivity: Applying attention to details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting, ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes, etc.
- Environmental and social awareness: Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses, general awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions, ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative, and discern patterns within the information, Ability to weigh opinions, arguments, or solutions against appropriate criteria to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, etc.
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand and use Standard English, Reading Comprehension, Knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verbs patterns, article, active and passive constructions, etc, and vocabulary skills, etc.
- Design thinking and problem-solving: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options, and select solutions.
Drawing: Ability to draw products, people, or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proposition, perspective, and shading.
UCEED 2023 Preparation Tips
Students can follow below given UCEED preparation tips to prepare well in the exam.
- Prepare a time table and divide time equally for all subject.
- Check out the prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Take help from the best book and study materials available.
- Practice previous year question paper and sample paper.
- Include every single topics of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take the stress and take care of your health.
UCEED 2023 Admit Card
The UCEED Admit Card has been issued from 13th January 2023 through online mode. The admit card contain details such as Name, Registration ID, Roll number, photograph, signature, exam centre, and exam schedule.
Candidates need to produce the printed copy of the admit card at the exam hall. Failing to produce the admit card, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates must have to bring their admit card to the examination center along with registered ID proof.
If you have any other queries about UCEED 2023, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.
When is the next date for the exam of uceed?
UCEED 2024 Exam date is yet to be released.
It’s not only age factor also the year of appearance to 12 class exam. is an important factor. pl. look in view of 12 th class appeared year. Is it 2021 pass out of 12 th std. candidate are eligible ?
I have 12 th pass in 2021 Attempted UCEED in 2022. Can I eligible for second attempt of 2023 exam ?
To apply for UCEED exam general/ open or OBC/ NCL category candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1995 whereas the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category should be born on or after 1st October 1990.
Will the “Environmental and social awareness” section be GK (general knowledge) based?
Please inform the date of UEED application to the above mail
UCEED 2023 details are not released yet. Stay connected with us for the latest updates.
Kindly share the online format of the UCEED Application form .It would help me to review and understand the form filling criteria in advance specially the specifics on photograph if any. Thanks!
UCEED 2022 application process is over now & for year 2023, it is yet to be released.
what is the process of allocation round? what if we don’t want to choose the college which is given to us respectively.
Seat allotment details will be known to you by the officials.
I gave my 12th in 2021 and appeared for Uceed in 2022 for the first time. Will I be able to appear for Uceed again in 2023?
A candidate can appear for UCEED exam for a maximum of two times & that too in consecutive years.