WBJEE 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
WBJEE 2023 will be organized in the month of April 2023. WBJEE stands for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination. It is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the WBJEE Board. The examination is conducted for providing admission into UG courses in the field of Engineering & Technology, Architecture, and Pharmacy.
Based on WBJEE 2023 scores many Government Colleges, Universities, and self-financed institutions offer admission into various UG courses. The application form will be available on the website from December 2023. In this article, we have provided you all the information regarding WBJEE 2023 related to exam dates, application form, admit card, eligibility criteria, etc.
WBJEE 2023: Highlights
|Exam Name||WBJEE 2023|
|Full-Form||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Offline (OMR based)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Category||Engineering Entrance Exam|
WBJEE 2023 Important Dates
Following are the tentative dates regarding the WBJEE 2023 entrance examination:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Release of online application form||3rd week of December 2022|
|Last date for form filling & fee payment||3rd week of January 2023|
|Last date to download the confirmation page||Last week of January 2023|
|Correction in the Application form||Last week of January 2023|
|Release of Admit card||2nd week of April 2023|
|WBJEE 2023 Exam date||4th week of April 2023|
|Release of answer key||1st week of May 2023|
|End date to challenge the answer key||2nd week of May 2023|
|Release of recorded responses||2nd week of May 2023|
|Last date to claim for review||2nd week of May 2023|
|Release of Final answer key||3rd week of May 2023|
|Declaration of Result||4th week of May 2023|
|Counselling begins||Last week of May 2023|
WBJEE 2023 Application Form
Following are the complete details regarding the WBJEE 2023 Application Form. Check out before filling out the application form:
- The application form will be available in online mode on the website.
- WBJEE 2023 application form will be released from the 3rd week of December 2022.
- Candidates need to check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form. Only eligible candidates will be able to fill out the WBJEE 2023 application form.
- Candidates need to fill in all the required details very carefully in the application form.
- The correction facility may be provided to the candidates for making correction in application form after submission. Students must note correction will be allowed in only some of the details.
- Candidates are required to fill in details like Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender, Domicile, Date of Birth, etc. These details must be filled in very carefully as the correction facility will not be applicable to these details.
- Candidates have to fill out the application form before the last date of application form submission which is till 3rd week of January 2023.
- Candidates must take the printout of the application form for future reference.
The application fee can be submitted through online mode only. The candidates will be able to use different payment gateways such as Debit Card, Credit Card, and Net Banking for the transaction of the application fee:
The application fee for every candidate will be as follows:
|SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B||Rs.400/-|
WBJEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The WBJEE eligibility criteria is given below. Candidates need to check their eligibility before filling out the application form for the WBJEE 2023 examination:
- Age criteria: The age of the candidate must be 17 years as of 31 December 2023 to get admission to Engineering/ Technology.
- For the marine engineering course, the minimum age of the candidate will be 17 years as of 31 December 2023, and the maximum age will be 25 as of 31 July 2023.
- Residential Status: For the reserved categories, those candidates who are looking for taking admission to the government technology colleges or engineering courses the candidate must be a resident of West Bengal.
Education Qualification (For Engineering):
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 level, or its equivalent exam recognized by the Central Government or State Government concerned.
- The candidate must have Physics & Mathematics as a compulsory subject in class 12th and anyone from the Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science & Computer Application securing 45% marks (40% marks for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PWD Categories) in the qualifying subjects.
- Candidates must have qualified English at 10+2 level with a minimum of 30% marks.
Education Qualification (For Pharmacy):
- Candidates must have passed the 12th class or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- The candidates must have passed 12th level with Physics & Chemistry as mandatory subjects & anyone among – Mathematics, Biology, Computer Science & Computer Application, Qualifying marks should be 45% marks (General) & 40% marks for reserved candidates.
- Candidates must qualify for English subjects in 10+2 level with 30% marks.
WBJEE 2023 Exam Pattern
Following is the WBJEE exam pattern for the entrance examination. Check complete exam pattern for the better preparation:
- Mode of Exam: The test will be conducted through OMR- a based test in offline mode only.
- Time: The exam will be 5 hours (one hour of break).
- Exam Shifts: The test will be conducted in two shifts – the morning shift & afternoon shift.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will have Multiple -Choice Questions.
- Papers: Paper is divided into two parts i.e., Paper I- Mathematics and Paper II- Physics & Chemistry.
- Subjects: The examination will include subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Total Questions: The number of questions in the paper will be 155 in the exam.
- Total Marks: Paper will of 200 marks.
- Negative Marking: ¼ of the total marks allotted for the question will be deducted on every negative response.
Check below distribution of questions and marks as per various subjects:
|Subjects||No. of Questions (Category Wise)||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Category – I (1 mark)||Category – II (2 marks)||Category – III (2marks)|
WBJEE 2023 Syllabus
Following is the WBJEE syllabus for the entrance examination. Candidates need to check the syllabus and get prepared accordingly:
- Physics: Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions, Laws of Motion, Gravitation, Viscosity, Kinetic theory of gases, Electrostatics, Magnetic effect of current, Electromagnetic induction & alternating current, etc.
- Chemistry: Atoms, Molecules, Chemical Arithmetic, Atomic Structure, The Periodic Table and Chemical Families, Coordination Compounds, Chemical Energetics, and Chemical Dynamics, Physical Chemistry of Solutions, etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry of two dimensions, Co-ordinate geometry of three dimensions, Calculus, etc.
WBJEE 2023 Preparation Tips
Following are the WBJEE preparation tips and tricks for better preparation of the examination:
- Prepare a proper timetable for the study of exam.
- Take time out for revision of the topics daily.
- Make proper routine in a way that you give proper attention to all the subjects.
- Candidates must first get complete details about the exam pattern & syllabus
- Go through the previous year’s question papers as they will give you an idea about the type of questions asked.
- Solve model papers
- Take breaks in between your studies to maintain concentration on studies.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
WBJEE 2023 Admit Card
The WBJEE 2023 Admit Card will be released by the authority after successful registration process. The admit card will be available from the second week of April 2023. Only registered candidates will be able to download the admit card through online mode.
Candidates need to enter their login details to download the WBJEE admit card. After entering the details, the admit card will appear on the screen. Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future reference. Candidates without admit card will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
WBJEE 2023 Answer Key
The WBJEE 2023 Answer key will be available from first week of May 2023. The answer key will be released by the authority after a few days from the completion of the examination. Candidates will be able to check their provisional answer key through online mode on the website of the exam conducting authority.
The authority will also release the objection facility along with the provisional answer key through online mode for the candidates.
WBJEE 2023 Result
The WBJEE 2023 Result will be released by the authority through online mode. The result will be released from the fourth week of May 2023. The result will be prepared on the basis of the final answer key by the authority through online mode.
The WBJEE 2023 result will be released for every participating candidate. Candidates will be able to download their admit cards by entering login details on the website. The result will not be sent to any candidates individually through post or any other offline mode.
WBJEE 2023 Counselling
The WBJEE 2023 Counselling procedure will be conducted by the authority for every successfully qualified candidate in the exam. Candidates will be able to register themselves for the counselling procedure from June/ July 2023 through online mode.
The counselling procedure will be conducted in various rounds according to the availability of seats. The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their rank on the merit list. Candidates need to carry some required documents at the time of the counselling procedure for the verification round.
If you have any other query related to WBJEE 2023, you can ask your query in the comments section mentioned below.