XAT 2021 Exam Pattern, Type of Questions, Marking Scheme – Get Here
XAT Exam Pattern 2021 must be checked by the appearing candidates to know about the exam details. Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) conducts a national level entrance exam on behalf of the XAMI. This exam is called as Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT). XAT is organized for providing admission into various management courses of XLRI and Xavier affiliated management schools. The XAT exam will be held on 3rd January 2021. Here, we updated the complete information about XAT 2021 Exam Pattern.
XAT Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates can check detailed exam pattern from below:
- Exam Mode: XAT 2021 exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Parts: It will be conducted in two parts: Part 1 and Part 2.
- Type of Questions: There will be objective and subjective type questions will be asked.
- Duration: The time duration will be 3 hours (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- Sections & No. of Questions (Part 1): The Part 1 will comprise of four parts: Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation & General Knowledge. Part 1 of XAT will contain 72 questions. For Part 1, total time allotted will be 170 minutes.
- Sections & Number of Questions (Part 1): Paper 2 will contain total 25 questions of GK. The time allowed for the part 2 will be 35 minutes.
XAT Exam Pattern is given below:
|No. Of Papers||Section||Questions||Time Duration|
|Paper 1||Decision Making||21|| |
|Verbal and Logical Ability||24|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||25||35 min.|
XAT 2021 Marking Scheme
All questions carry equal marks. 1/4 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response. In the examination candidates have a choice of not attempting 12 questions. Beyond this, any un-attempted question will carry the negative mark of 0.05. Now, candidates will have to restrain their choice towards the questions they want to un-attempt. There will also a negative marking of 0.25 marks for any wrong answer.
Important Instructions Regarding XAT Exam
- XAT consists of two parts namely Part-I and Part-II. Part-I has three sections A, B, and C with 24, 21 and 27 questions respectively, i.e. a total of 72 questions. Part-II has 25 GK questions and an essay.
- Total 210 minutes will be allotted to answer both the parts. Candidates are expected to answer part-I in 170 minutes and part-II in 35 minutes.
- GK sections will not be considered for shortlisting candidates for GD/interview. It would only be considered for final selection of candidates.
- Leaving a unattempted question may results in the deduction of 0.05 marks. The marks deduction for unattempted question will be processed after 12 unattempted questions.
- Each question carry equal mark, one-fourth of a mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- Candidates are advised to use the margin for rough work. No separated piece of paper will be provided for rough work.
XAT 2021 Syllabus
XAT 2021 syllabus will contain questions from the subjects like verbal and logical ability, essay writing, decision making, general knowledge, and etc. In the given section we have mentioned some topics from the subjects:
- Quantitative Aptitude: Table, graphs, geometry, speed and distance, arithmetic and etc.
- General Knowledge: Awards, nation and states, business, politics, history, economics and etc
XAT 2021 Exam Pattern will provide the students details regarding the number & type of questions, exam mode, time duration, number of sections, etc. Also, students will get to know about the marking scheme of the exam through this article.
If you have any query about XAT Exam Pattern 2021, you may leave comments in the comment box.