Career In Computer Hardware & Networking
Latest Applications Open 2019:
Have you ever done experiment with your computers?..Want to know about how different parts of computer are interconnected?
How two or more computers are interlinked for the purpose of sharing data?
Answer of these questions are hidden behind the concept of Computer Hardware & Networking.
Computer Hardware & Networking is the demanding career field among the young ones. Hardware and Networking domain is the highest paying and fastest growing domain in IT sector.
Let us discuss separately about Computer Hardware & Networking…
Computer Hardware is the combination of physical components or parts that makes the computer system. Physical components include monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard disk drive, graphic card, RAM, motherboard, etc.
Networking is the field of computer science that allows computers to exchange data or information. Data can be exchanged either using cable media or wireless media.
Internet is the largest example of computer networking.
Also Check: Popular Engineering Courses
The network devices are Router, Switch, Modem, Hub and Data card (Dongle). Network Interface Cards (NICs) are the most common type of hardware network on a network.
Hardware professionals deal with various hardware components such as chips, computer systems, motherboard, processor, RAM, circuit boards, modems, external hard disks, printers and keyboards. So, in order to be successful in this field, they must have knowledge of all these components of hardware.
Courses & Programmes
Looking for the courses in this field?
Courses ranging from certificate level to master’s level are available in computer hardware and networking. Interested students can pursue the following courses after their 12th in the field of computer hardware and networking.
Certificate courses in networking includes LINUX that is one of the popular course in networking for LAN administration. CISCO certifications are CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE.
- Diploma in Computer Hardware Maintenance
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Hardware Maintenance and Networking
- Diploma in computer Hardware and Networking
- Diploma in Computer Networking Technology (DCNT)
- M.Tech in Network Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hardware & Networking
- M.Sc in Hardware and Networking
In India, there are many renowned colleges that offers courses in hardware and networking field. The courses are offered at different levels.
Candidates want to enroll in several diploma or degree courses are required to pass higher secondary examination with PCM group. Some institutions organized their own entrance test for providing admission to bachelor degree programmes.
After the completion of B.Tech in computer science engineering, you can make your career in networking field. For advancement or to gain expertise in networking, you can pursue M.tech.
Admission into M.Tech programme is done through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2019). It is the national level entrance test conducted once in a year. Candidates can also apply for IIT JAM 2019 and IIST 2019.
Jobs & Career Scope
What is the career scope in computer hardware and networking field?
Large use of computers, laptops, mobiles, desktops and internet in private and government organizations increases the requirement of hardware and networking professionals.
Huge career opportunities and jobs are there in the field of computer hardware and networking. There are extensive use of computers in colleges, schools, organizations, hospitals, banks, etc. Companies in hardware manufacturing, system design, software development requires professionals who are well-versed in this field.
After earning master’s degree in hardware and networking, individuals can find employment in colleges for the post of lecturer.
Where hardware professionals are required?
Hardware professionals and network administrators are required in IT and web hosting companies.
Today, Information Technology (IT) sector gaining popularity and due to this advancement in IT sector, lucrative job opportunities are available in public and private organizations.
Software companies, hardware manufacturing companies, call centers, system design companies, telecom companies, hardware repair shops requires networking and hardware professionals.
One can also opens his/her own hardware repair shops after gaining knowledge and experience.
Job Titles of computer hardware engineers:
Based on the qualification and technical experience, one can be appointed at different positions. Job profiles for the hardware and networking professionals is given below:
- Systems Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Systems Integration Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Field Service Engineer
Job Titles in Networking is as follows:
- System administrator
- Network Engineer
- Technical Support
- IT administrator
- Network administrator
- Security Database development and administration
For a good position in large firms, master’s degree in computer science engineering is needed. It broadens career opportunities for computer hardware engineers.
Duties of Computer Hardware Engineers
- Design computer hardware and supervise the production of computer hardware equipment.
- Perform testing and verifying hardware equipments.
- Update existing computer equipment to make it compatible with the latest softwares.
- Provides support to technicians and other technical support personnel.
- Ensure that computer works faster and efficiently.
Latest Applications Open 2019:
Duties of Network Engineer
- Monitoring the network performance and security.
- Perform network maintenance and ensure networks are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintain system back up.
- Support network and computing infrastructure.
- Configuring and installing various network devices (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
Here are the names of some renowned companies that recruits hardware and networking professionals:
- Intel Corporation
- Acer India (Pvt) Ltd
- Casio India Company
How much salary does hardware and networking professional earns?
Dedicated and hard working professionals can reach to the top position soon.
In India, a fresher may get the salary package of 3 or 3.5 lacs per year.
Experienced hardware and networking professional receives good salary package. As you will get more experience in an organization, your salary will increase accordingly. Salary will also depends upon your job profile and type of organization you are working for.
Books & Study Materials
Some of the best books to study computer hardware and networking is mentioned below:
- Computer Hardware & Networking – Vishnu P. Singh
- Hardware & Networking – Vikas Gupta
- Eureka Advanced: Hardware and Networking – B.S. Yadav
- Fifth Edition Computer Networks – Larry L. Peterson, Bruce S. Davie
- Fundamentals of Computer Hardware – Mandeep S. Bhatia
- Computer Hardware and Networking – Pankaj Kumar
- Computer Hardware – Ashish Choudhary
- The principles of computer hardware – Alan Clement’s
- The Architecture of Computer Hardware, Systems Software & Networking: An Information Technology Approach – IRV Englander
For more information about Career in Computer Hardware & Networking, you may ask us by commenting below.