Drawing and Painting
Painting is one of the types of fine art study. Painting is simply a hobby course. There are so many students who wish to find the career in fine art and obviously in painting because it is one of the interesting subjects of fine art. To get the degree in painting education is not much toughest as the engineering or medical, but it is one of its kind courses.
The people who like or love to paint are so emotional and humble usually. Such people love the nature, creature, weather, colors, trees, river, rock and earth. Painting is not an educational course or the ability that comes after the training; it is the passion which is born when you born.
Painting is the medium of expression. “What you do think, your painting will describe” is the basic principle of painting. With a brush or such tool, a painter can create the anything in the world on the canvas. The main tools of painting are the canvas, brushes and colors.
ADMISSION OPEN 2019
- MIT World Peace University, Pune B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- DIT University, Dehradun - B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chitkara University B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chandigarh University (Ranked 1 in North India) - Application Open.
“Painting is a practice to applying the paint, pigment, color or other like clay, sand, gold leaf and paper on the surface of anything like glass, paper, cloth, lead, or any article”.
Painting & Drawing don’t attach up with the conventional paintings on canvas, but are extended in various styles such as painting on glass, on fabric, on pottery, etc.
Drawing & Painting have better in technological aspects such as 3D paintings & Animation. With the increasing opportunities & lucrative career option, youngsters of India are pursuing for these courses.
There are the following courses after 12th in the field of painting and fine arts in India. There are lots of competitions in this field. Thus, the new programme are also been introduced in the field of drawing & painting.
UG Degree courses for the duration of 3-4 yrs;
- B.A. Drawing and Painting (Hons)
- B.A. Painting
- BFA Painting
- BFA Applied Arts
Diploma courses for the duration of 1-2 yrs;
- Diploma in Painting
- Junior Diploma Course Part I
- Junior Diploma Course Part II
Certificate courses for the duration of six months – 1 yr;
- Certificate Course in Painting
- Certificate in Visual Arts – Painting (CVAP)
- Junior Certificate in Fine Art – Part I
- Junior Certificate in Fine Arts – Part II
Beside these course, many institutions and colleges offers the online courses in the field of painting. Such courses are as the following:
- Online Foundation Course
- Online Portrait Painting
- Online Abstract Art Course
- Online Organic Art
- Online Still Life Painting
- Online Landscape Painting
- Online Art Business
- Directed Studies
After the completion of 12th standard, there are various options in arts. In the course curriculum, the students are taught about the color theory, history of arts and culture of painting. There are few types of painting media like oil, pastel, acrylic, water-color, ink, hot wax, fresco, gouache, enamel spray paint, tempera and water miscible oil paint. There are six styles of painting as western, eastern, Indian, Islamic and African. The contemporary art is one of the newest styles of the painting.
For a good painter there are some requirements like:
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to deal with the physical demands of the job
- Good sense of humor
- Normal color vision
- Able to work at height
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Enjoy practical work
To get the admission in painting career, the candidates need to clear the 12th standard first. After the completion of the 12th they may get the diploma curses or the degree courses.
Some of institutes are offering the entrance examination before the admission. This entrance examination contains the screening, group discussion and personal interview of the candidate.
Colleges offer Drawing & Painting Courses in India:
- Government Maharani Laxmi bai Post Graduate Girls College, Indore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU), Hyderabad
- Kala Bhavan (Institute of Fine Arts), Santiniketan
- Sir J.J Institute of Applied Arts, Mumbai
- College of Art, Delhi
Career & Jobs
Some of the youngsters have the misunderstanding that there is not a good career in the field of fine art and painting. Many of students ask for the scope of painting or the opportunity in the field of painting.
By the end of this course you may be hired by the museum or art galleries for the private and corporate collection. You may also works in colleges as faculty, or run private workshops and classes.
You may be the graphic designer because of the subject as animation is included in the curriculum of this course.
You can also be self-employed & work in these areas such as glass painting, tattoo designing, conventional canvas painting, pot painting, etc.
There are equal opportunities in both the Government & Private Fields.
The job profiles of this field are as the following:
- Arts Administrator
- Art Restoration Specialist
- Visiting Artist
- Commercial Artist
- Interior Designer
- Decorator-Wall Papering
- Painting Engineer
- Comic Artist
- Art Director
- Animation Programmer
- Graphic Designer
- Software companies
- On-line services
- Clothing industries
- Ceramics industry
- Textile Designing
- Digital Media
- Fashion Houses
- Graphic Designing
- Forensic Services
A fresher in this profession can earn upto Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000 per month according to their talent and work. After gaining an experience in this field, you can earn up to Rs. 20,000 to Rs 25,000 per month on the basis of your work experience, company you work, location, etc.
On a survey by the bureau of labour statistics in USA, the annual earning of an artist including painter is around $42650.
Books and Study Material
- Lessons in Classical Paintings by Juliette Aristides
- Complete Drawing & Sketching Course by Stan Smith
- Fill your oil-paintings with light and color by Kevin Macpherson’s
- The Painterly Approach: An Artist’s Guide to seeing, painting and Expressing by Bob Rohm
- Drawing Atelier – The Figure: How to Draw in a Classical Style by Jon deMartin
- Charles Bargue: Drawing Course by Gerald Ackerman
If you have any query about Career in Drawing and Painting, you can ask your query in the comment box.