Electrical and Electronics Engineering
“Electrical & Electronics Engineering” is a growing and one of the most sought disciplines in the field of engineering study. It comprises with the electrical engineering and electronics engineering.
It is originated by the electrical engineering. By the technically modernization of the world and computerization in our work field, it is necessary to use and understand the circuits and computerized devices in electrical & electronic field.
The electrical & electronics engineering (EEE) involves with the power. It can be existed in various forms like turbine, hydro, gas, fuel cell, solar, wind or geothermal energy. It involves the use, storage and generation of the power and energy.
Latest Application Forms Available
“Electrical & Electronics Engineering deals with the application & study of Power & Devices”.
Electrical & electronics engineering not only involves in electrical appliances, but also involves in computer, electronics, communication and mechanical fields.
One can become an electrical and electronics engineer after completing the 4-years study of Bachelor of Technology in this field.
Electrical & electronics engineering can involve the large and small amounts of power and devices.
Course & Duration
Electrical & electronics engineering is a fast growing and most popular engineering discipline. Electronics engineering and electrical engineering are the close related to this field. The duration of the total course is four to five years.
After completion of UG degree the students are designated as the Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech). A bachelor degree usually covers the physics, mathematics, and computer science and project management
There are so many specializations in Electrical & Electronics Engineering but to choose in higher degrees after completion of bachelor degree.
You can choose the Electrical & Electronics Engineering, once you have completed your 10 or 10+2 examination with mathematics and physics.
The academic criterion of Electrical & Electronics Engineering is divided into four courses/programmes as follows:
- Diploma courses leading to the polytechnic diploma of 3 years duration. (after 10th or 12th)
- UG courses leading to the B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) degree of 4 years duration. (after 12th)
- PG courses leading to the M.Tech (Master of Technology) degree of 2 years duration. (after graduation)
- Doctoral courses leading to the PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) degree of ½ – 1 years duration (after post graduation)
The undergraduate syllabus includes major subjects of electromagnetics, network analysis, electronic devices and circuits, signals and systems, control systems, analog and digital communications.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering has the following specializations:
- Signal Processing
- Computer Engineering
- Power Electronics
- Embedded Systems
- Biomedical Imaging
- Power Systems engineering (including renewable energy)
Students can apply for JEE Main after passing their 12th/intermediate examination for admission into 4-years Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) programme. Students seeking for admission in IITs have to clear JEE Advanced after qualifying JEE Main. After getting bachelor’s degree in engineering, students will be eligible for GATE which provides admission into M.Tech course.
There are also various state and University level entrance exams for admission into electrical and electronics engineering:
- VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Examination)
- VITMEE (VIT University Master’s Entrance Examination)
- AP EAMCET (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test)
- TS EAMCET (Telangana Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test)
- BCECE Board organizes BCECE (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination)
In India, Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and National Institute of Technology (NITs) are considered best for pursuing engineering courses.
Jobs & Career
There is a lot of job opportunity in the field of electrical and electronics engineering.
An electrical & electronics engineer designs, develops and maintains the electrical, electronics and computer control system to the required specifications, and focusing on economy, reliability, safety, sustainability and quality.
Telecom industries, transportation network, IT industries, airplane & airspace manufacturing industries, and production and the distribution of power are some of the specific fields of career development.
An electrical & electronics engineer can work with the industries deals in product development, control system, system management, product design, sales, consumer’s electronics, transportation, wireless communication, manufacturing, chemical, automotive, defense and space research organizations.
Interested candidates can also build their career in teaching field. They can join prestigious institutions for lecturer job after earning Master of Technology (M.Tech) degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. One can also do research work after earning doctoral degree.
The top recruiters that require the electrical & electronics engineers whenever:
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd
- Durgapur steel plant
- OMEGA Elevator
- CONE Elevator
- ALSTOM India Power project
- Everest Industry
- ZENITH Construction etc
- L&T Construction and STEEL
- Tata Metallic
- Tata Motors
- Jay Balaji Steel
- Tata Steel & Power Limited
- State Electricity Board
- TRF Ltd
- Jindal Steel & Power Limited
- Hindustan Motor
The job profiles in the field of electrical and electronics engineering are as the following:
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Broadcast engineer
- Manufacturing systems engineer
- Systems analyst
- Electronics engineer
- IT consultant
- Systems developer
- Network engineer
In India, a fresher who has a degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering can get the offer of salary started from 2.5 lakh per annum upto 5 lakh per annum.
In abroad, the average salary of electrical engineers is $68000 per annum.
Book & Study Material
The top recommended books in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering are as the follows:
- United States Navy Electricity and Electronics Training Series By Robert A Gray
- Study and Implementation of Image and Video Matting Techniques By Siddharth Srivastava
- Radio Frequency Identification: From System to Applications By Mamun Bin Ibne Reaz
- Digital Systems Design By Ramaswamy Palaniappan
- Introduction to Digital Signal and System Analysis By Weiji Wang
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering I By Don Johnson
- A First Course in Electrical and Computer Engineering By Louis Scharf
- Lithium-ion Batteries By Chong Rae Park
- Practical Optimization: A Gentle Introduction By John W. Chinneck
- Development and Implementation of RFID Technology By Cristina Turcu
- Fuel Cell Handbook By U.S. Department of Energy
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering and Electronics By Tony R. Kuphaldt
- A Pragmatic Introduction to the Art of Electrical Engineering By Paul H. Dietz
- Automated Manufacturing Systems with PLCs By Hugh Jack
You may leave your queries below.