“Event Management” is an application of the Project Management.
Event means occasion, celebration or a concert where the gathering occurs.
Management means proper utilization of resources in proper order.
Events are the integral part of our lives. We use to have events like festival, ceremony, birthday, wedding and celebrations at our home, college or offices. Some events are so big like the Olympics, celebrities’ award function, political oath ceremony, big wedding occasion, national & international level competitions etc.
The “Event Management” is a process of planning and executing the functions, festivals, occasions, ceremony, party, competitions and conventions”.
Event Management involves the existing dates, budgeting, event site selection, security, support teams, transportation, parking, decorative, acquiring permits, anchoring, housekeeping, catering and emergency plan.
Scope in Event Management:
The scope of event management is in trend and very demanding. The one who has leadership quality and interested in doing something different then it is best suited profession for you. As we know that in every programme or event the management of all things is very important parameter. So, it is that profession where you can find large numbers of job prospects in everywhere.
Admissions Closing Shortly
You can find the job in companies those individual organizing and hosting events. You can also take part in international events as a host. You can become an event manager in various sectors where events are organized nationally and internationally. You can also work as a public relation executive in different advertisement and media houses. You can also run your own business in this field.
- Communication Skills: You have to be a frank nature person so, that you can easily communicate with the different kind of people. In event management you have to meet various kinds of people so, this skill is very important for you.
- Organizational Skills: Under this, you have to know the techniques of balancing and managing people, schedules, vendors and many other things that come in the event managing.
- Leadership Quality: This quality is the very important parameter which has to be present inside you to become a successful event manager. With this quality you can guide your team. This quality also takes you at a higher level.
- Passion and Enthusiasm: An effective event manager should be active and energetic. Your passion and enthusiasm towards your work will give motivation to others.
- Time Managing Skills: The key parameter of any event is the time management, which is demanding by the customers. So, you have to be focused towards time management.
There are so many numbers of institutions and universities which are offering the courses in event management leading to the diploma and degree courses.
The following courses are in India in event management after 12th:
- Certificate course in Event Management – 6 months
- Diploma in Event Management – 1 year
- Integrated degree (MBA) in Event Management –5 year
The entire degree course comprises in the following subjects or topics:
- Organizational skills
- Technical knowledge
- Public Relation
- Glamour identity
- Human relations
- Study of law and licenses
- Risk management
- Study of allied industries
- For Diploma course: Candidate is required to pass class 12th in any stream from any recognized board.
- For Master course: For admission in master courses, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college.
Beside these there are various societies across the country, providing the certifications in event management as the following:
- Certified Trade Show Marketer (CTSM)
- Certified Manager of Exhibits (CME)
- Certified in Exhibition Management (CEM)
- Global Certification in Meeting Management (CMM)
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- Certified Special Event Professional (CSEP)
If you have completed your School education or graduate studies and wish to build your career in event management then you can choose any course from certificate, diploma to degree. As an event management professional, you should have leadership skills, planning skills, problem solving skills and marketing & communication skills.
To get the admission in MBA in event management, you must be appearing in entrance examinations after the completion of your graduation. After 12th you may go for the Integrated MBA (5 Years), or diploma programmes. You can get admission in management courses through XAT 2020, ATMA 2020, CAT 2020 & MAT 2020 exams.
Some of the affiliated universities conduct their own admission examination. You can do the professional course in event management while you had any stream in qualifying examination like medical, engineering, science, art and humanities.
Colleges Offering Event Management Courses are listed here:
- Amity institute of Event management, New Delhi
- National Institute of Event Management (NIEM), Mumbai
- National Academy of Event Management, Mumbai
- AIMS Institutes, Bangalore
- Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
- International institute of Event Management, Mumbai
Jobs & Career
There are a plenty of jobs in this field. An event manager is the professional who plans and execute the events. After the completion of your course, if you are going to establish your own company, then there are plenty of opportunities from where you can start your business like :
- Birthday parties
- Talent hunt and reality shows
- Fashion and cultural shows
- Academic and sports meets
- Religious functions
- Corporate event
Beside these you may join the event management company or the media house.
Some of the job titles of this field are:
- Public Relations Executive/Manager
- Promotion Executive/Manager
- and Marketing Executive/Manager
- Brand Development Executive/Manager
- Designing Executive/Manager
- Administration Executive/Manager
- Production Executive/Manager
- Printing Executive/Manager
The remuneration in this field is variable to the type of industry, your role & responsibilities, the location of the firm, your experience and the business of your organizations.
You can establish your own event management enterprise and can bag huge amount in cash or cheque form. Freelance work is very popular in this field.
A fresher can earn the 2 lakh to 2.5 lakh per annum. Within 3 – 4 year of experience you may earn 3-4 lakh per annum.
The job recruiters in this field are as the following:
- Cox and Kings
- Cineyug Entertainment
- DNA Networks Pvt Ltd
- Percept D Mark
- Sita Conferences
- TCI Consultancy Services and ‘e’ Events
- Tafcon Group
- Wiz craft International Entertainment Pvt Ltd
- Top notch media and production houses
- 360 Degrees
Books and Study Material
Here we are listing some books which can help you to study Event Management:
- Events Management: Principles & Practice by Rajaq Raj, Paul Wallers & Tahir Rashid
- Marketing Your Event Planning Business: A creative approach to gaining the competitive edge by Judy Allen
- Introduction to Materials Management by Arnold
- Supply Chain Management by Chopra/Kalra
- Designing and Managing the Supply Chain by David Simchi-Levi
For more information regarding Event Management, ask your queries below.