Latest Applications Open 2019:
By the modernization of the world, the fashion is part of our daily life. The world is growing in order to the fashion aspects. Various industries have been established for this purpose only. There is a great demand of fashion experts.
“Fashion designing covers the design, fabric, texture, quality of fashion goods, manufacturing process and creativity”.
Charles Frederick Worth was the first fashion designer in the history of fashion. He was also known as the “”Father of Haute Couture,”. Worth’s was the first in 19th century who put his label on the garment he had created.
Fashion is not only means the wearing but also means the makeup and interior design. It is one of the most sought careers by girls.
Fashion Designing is the sort of the applied arts. If you have an interest in fashion, then it is the best field for you to have a professional job oriented course.
This course has not much academic challenge and it is full of glamorous educational study.
To become a successful fashion designer, the following skills are required:
- Knowledge of trend, fabric, colour and style.
- Knowledge in pattern cutting, grading and garment construction.
- Communication skills must be good.
- A fashion designer must be expressive as he/she has to explain lead a team.
- Decision making skill is required.
- Excellent business skills
- Good drawing skills
- Strong visualization skills
The career in fashion designing starts right from the completion of the plus two standard. You may choose the diploma course or the degree course as per your convenience. There is also a certificate course in fashion designing after 10th standard.
There are three types of courses as the following
- Certificate courses of the duration of one year after 10th.
- Diploma courses of the duration of one or two years after 12th.
- Degree courses (B.A) of the duration of three years after 12th.
Latest Applications Open 2019:
- Diploma in Fashion Design (1 Year)
- Diploma in Fashion Communication (1 Year)
- B.Design – Fashion Design (4 Years)
- B.Sc.– Fashion Design (3 Years)
- B.Design – Fashion Communication (4 Years)
- M.Design – Fashion Design (2 Years)
- M.Design – Fashion Communication (2 Years)
There are three types of fashion design; haute couture, ready to wear and mass market. The people, who want to choose the fashion design as the career for themselves, need to be eager towards the fashion world.
For getting the admission in fashion designing, you should have to clear the plus two examinations first. After the completion of 12th you may prepare for the entrance examinations like NID 2019 & NIFT 2019 for admission to the fashion design courses. Students can also appear in CEED 2019, UCEED 2019,& other entrance test for admission in UG & PG design courses.
There are number of renowned colleges of design across the world. These colleges offers bachelor’s and master’s degree in fashion design and fashion design technology. The colleges that are famous for imparting design education in India are as follows:
- National Institute of Fashion Technology
- Amity University
- National Institute of Design
- Indian Institute of Art & Design
- Indian institute of fashion Technology
Admission into NID is done on the basis of Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Prelims and Mains. For admissions in NIFT courses, firstly candidates have to clear the written entrance exam and after that candidates have to go through the situation test/ group discussion/ personal interview rounds.
For appearing the entrance examination the candidate should have the minimum age of 17 years and the maximum should be 23 years.
The curriculum of the entrance examination is divided into three steps; written test, group discussion and the personal interview.
What is the job of Fashion Designer?
- Fashion Designer basically sketch designs, select fabrics and patterns. They create clothing as per the trend and market predictions.
- Fashion designers are specialized in creating certain types of clothes in a wide range of styles and fabrics.
- Fashion designer also conducts research on fashion trend and illuminate them for audiences.
In today’s modern world, fashion designing has a wide scope. Nowadays, it is not only demanding career field but also high paying job. There are many career opportunities in this field.
The work area include market research, designing and manufacturing of garments and textiles. Firstly, you have to start as a trainee designer. Later, you can enters into higher stages of fashion industry. You will get the exposure on the basis of your creativity, skills and artistic nature.
Fashion designing has a various fields of specializations like garments, footwear, accessories, etc.
“Career as a Fashion Designer is exciting as well as Glamorous in today’s world”
After the completion of the course you may work as a freelancer designer. The fashion industry is booming up and providing the opportunities for the fashion graduates. The demand of ready-made outfit is increasing day by day and in the same proportion the demand of the enthusiastic, skilled and talented designers is also increasing.
You may set your own business or work with the design house, fashion industry, jeweller’s store, garment store, garment manufacturers, boutiques, textile mills, fashion show organizers, media house, leather companies and several export houses.
After the completion of the course your work profile could be:
- Costume designer
- Fashion consultant
- Personal stylist
- Technical designer
- Graphic designer
- Production pattern maker
- Fashion coordinator
- Apparel production manager
- Fabric buyer
- Fabric quality control manager
- Show room sales representative
- Cutting assistant
- Outside sales representative
After the completion of course, the candidate can apply in fashion houses run by top fashion designers like Abu Jani, JJ Valaya, Manish Malhotra, Neeta Lulla, Rina Dhaka, Ritu Beri, Ritu Kumar, Rohit Bal, Sandeep Khosla, Tarun Tahiliani, etc. One can also apply in textile and fabric manufacturing units.
The fashion market is one of the best earning market in the world. In the very first stage of the career, you may be the assistant of any famous designer and may earn Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000 per month. After getting the few years experience you may earn from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month.
Once you have gained the fame, their is no limit of earning. By the survey in the US the average salaries of the fashion designer is 67,370 dollars per annum.
For any other queries about Career in Fashion Designing, you can leave your queries below.