BBA: Eligibility, Admission, Jobs & Salary
BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) is one of the most sought bachelor degree programmes after 12th. It includes complete knowledge of leadership and management.
The MBA degree has been started to provide the ground knowledge for producing the sound management professionals. The degree programme in Business administration is one of the most jobs provider educational degree course. In India and abroad, there are various multinational industries, which are offering jobs to various business graduates.
There are various universities/colleges in India and abroad, which are offering BBA degree programme for students.
The best part of programme is that the student having any subject in its 12th standard can get admission in the BBA programme.
BBA degree allows the candidates to enter in the field of management. This degree teaches the students with various aspects that is necessary for effective business management and essential for entrepreneurs and business managers. Bachelor in Business Administration also gives you a platform for pursuing courses like MBA.
To do well in this field, students must possess leadership qualities, decisional making skills, good oral and written communication skills.
Duration & Eligibility
Have you completed your 12th? If yes then go ahead and choose a course in which you are interested. BBA is the three-year bachelor degree programme for those who are interested in management studies.
Whether you have done your school with arts or humanities or science, you are free to choose the BBA programme. The BBA is most popular and well-known courses among the students. It has a vast area of specializations (in MBA).
Many of the colleges and Universities are offering the BBA programme as regular or distance learning education. Students can pursue this course full-time or distance mode. The value of full-time course is considered more over the distance mode.
In India, the accreditation body for BBA is AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education). There are different accreditation bodies in different countries.
During the study period of business administration, students learn how to make business plan or business ideas more optimistic and positive that can help the industry.
The top core subjects of a BBA degree are as the following:
- Human Resources (HR)
- Supply Chain
- International Business
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Organizational Behavior
Once you have done your BBA degree, you can go for the master degree programme (MBA), offered by the various institutions in India and Abroad.
For admissions into BBA courses, students are needed to clear the 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board or school. Some colleges consider the criteria of securing 50% marks in the qualifying exam. The age should be between 17 to 25 years.
How to get admission in BBA?
Various universities gives admission in BBA course on the basis of merit list. Some other college also give admission to students through the entrance tests. The entrance tests is organized at national, state or university level by various authorities.
Admission is based on the merit list. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of qualifying examination or entrance examination. AIMA UGAT (Under Graduate Aptitude Test) is a national level examination regulated by AIMA for providing admissions in BBA, BHM, BCA, etc.
Some top entrance examination are listed here:
- AIMA UGAT 2022 (Under Graduate Aptitude Test)
- Symbiosis SET 2022 (Symbiosis Entrance Test)
- IPU CET 2022 (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test)
The top colleges or universities offering BBA/MBA programme in India, are as follows:
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- SVKM`s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- Institute of Management & Technology
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI)
- Maharishi Dayanand university
- ICFAI University
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
- Amity University
- Lovely Professional University
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University
- Indian Institute of Finance
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- BML Munjal University
- Birla Institute of Management Technology
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
- Banaras Hindu University
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Institute of Management Technology
- Goa Institute of Management
- T. A. Pai Management Institute Manipal
Jobs & Career
What are the job & career opportunities after completing BBA?
The scope of management courses is increasing day by day. Once you have completed your degree, you have a great job opportunity in the industrial world. In the management sector you can reach at the top designation, in quick span of time. It opens a number career paths in the future.
In any sector, business administration experts or professionals play a very significant role.
The management is the way to reach on the top of the height as soon as possible by using your leadership and working proficiency.
A management professional always plays a vital role in his/her company and this is why, he used to keep in touch with the board of directors.
All sectors including government and public have various industries, companies, institutions or related organizations, come in the job prospective fields for a management professional.
Option for higher studies is also available for BBA graduates. Most of the students after completing BBA prefer to do Master of Business Administration (MBA). Although, BBA can open a wide door of opportunities, you can still drive for higher position by getting MBA degree. MBA is offered in many disciplines. Students as per his/her interest can opt any specialization. Research programmes are also available in this field.
Some popular Job Profiles are:
- Finance Manager
- Business Administration Researcher
- Human Resource Manager
- Research and Development Manager
- Business Consultant
- Information Systems Manager
- Marketing Manager
After pursuing BBA, you can easily find jobs in these following areas:
- Marketing Organizations
- Educational Institutes
- Business Consultancies
- Multinational Companies
- Financial Organizations
- Export Companies
“Various companies offers a good salary packages to the BBA graduates.”
Salary is no issue for the candidates who have a good leadership, decision-making skills, enthusiasm and a good academic background.
The initial package in India is around Rs. 2 to Rs. 3 lacs per annum but the maximum is unlimited.
With some good experience, you can earn beyond the limit in management field.
Books & Study Materials
Study from good books matters a lot in education. Here we are providing you a list of best books to study for BBA aspirants:
- Advanced Accountancy by Maheshwari, S.N. and S.K. Maheshwari
- An Introduction to Database System Vol, I & Vol. II by Date, C. J
- S.N Introduction to Management Accounting by Horngren, Charles
- Advanced Cost Accounting and Cost Systems by Maheshwari
- Basic Managerial Skills for All by E. H. McGraw, S. J
- Elements of Cost Accounting by Maheshwari Mittal
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting by D K Goel, Rajesh Goel, Shelly Goel
- Business Laws by L.C. Mittal
- Management Accounting by Dr. S.N. Mittal
- Principles of Management by R K Singla
For more information about BBA, you may ask us by commenting below.