Career In Pharmaceutical Management
Pharmaceutical Management is one of the fastest growing and rewarding fields of Management Courses. If you are interested in this field you can select your career in this field, which leads to a bright future.
What is Pharmaceutical Management?
“Pharmaceutical Management is a discipline of management courses, which works with the health and chemical sciences and ensures the safe and secure use of pharmaceutical drugs”.
Career in pharmaceutical management includes development, research, pharmaceutical administration and nursing.
Through this management programme, students get trained on enterprise management, advanced business concept, advanced pharmaceutical management, etc.
Pharmaceutical management combines the study of basics of pharmaceutical sciences with management and marketing studies. It prepares your careers in pharmaceutical marketing, management, sales and other fields related to health care industry.
“Pharmaceutical Management = Pharmaceutical Science + Business Strategies”.
Benefits of Pharmaceutical Management Courses:
- This course prepares you for the managerial positions in the pharmaceutical industry.
- It develops your skills in planning & operating management techniques, acquiring consultancy skills and solving management problems.
- The main objective of these courses, to build skilled and effective professionals for the Pharmaceutical sector.
Courses & Eligibility
Which courses are available to pursue in the field of pharmaceutical management?
If you want to go with a career in Pharmaceutical Management than pursuing courses in this field will be the first step towards entry in pharmaceutical industry. A degree in Pharmaceutical Management field is a golden opportunity for those who wanted to enter in the pharmaceutical sector.
Many universities and colleges offer diploma, UG and PG courses in this field. Students can pursue these courses through fulltime or distance mode. Here we are providing some most sought pharmaceutical courses:
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management
- Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Business Management
- BBA + Diploma in Business Administration (Pharmaceutical)
- Master of Business Administration in Pharmaceutical Management
- Executive MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management
- Master of Business Administration in Pharmaceutical Industry Management
- Post Graduate Certificate in Management in Pharmaceutical Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management
“Before proceeding for any course, you should check your eligibility for that particular course”.
For UG courses: If you are seeking for admission in UG courses, you can apply after passing 12th (higher secondary) or equivalent exam from any recognized board. For providing admissions, some colleges consider the 50% minimum aggregate criteria in the qualifying examination.
For PG courses: To apply for postgraduate programmes, candidates must have completed the bachelor degree in the related discipline from any recognized university or college.
Some top specializations are as following:
- Pharma Product Management
- Pharma Sales & Marketing Management
- Financing Pharmaceuticals
- Pharma Production Management
- Pharmaceutical Policy, Laws & Regulations
After selecting the course, the next step is…
What will be the admission procedure?
Candidates who are seeking for admission in MBA programmes are needed to appear for the CAT, MAT, etc national level exams. You can appear in national, state or university level examination to get admission. Various colleges & universities also offer admissions through the merit list of the qualifying examination. After qualifying the entrance test, students also have to go through the group discussion and personal interview round.
Many top B-schools in the country gives admission on the basis of national level examination. Some MBA entrance exams are listed here:
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test)
- SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test)
- NMAT (Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test)
Best colleges to pursue pharmaceutical management:
- Indian Institute of Pharmaceutical Marketing, Lucknow
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Commerce and Trade, Lucknow
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Punjab
Career & Jobs
“Pharmaceutical sector is one of the well-known professional career options in the country”.
This sector offers a lot of job opportunities to the qualified candidates. This sector not only require highly qualified researchers, chemist, technical people it also require skilled managers who can manage and works towards the growth of the industry.
You can find jobs in various areas such as government departments, research institution, universities, pharmaceutical industry, teaching hospitals, etc.
“From recent years, Pharmaceutical Management has been developed into rewarding career options”.
Pharmaceutical industry not only requires qualified researchers or technical people but it also demands skilled managers who can use their managing skills & ideas for the growth of the industry.
After pursuing master courses in pharmaceutical management, you can easily find jobs in many reputed colleges or universities as a Professor or Lecturer.
- Sales Managers
- Drug Distribution Manager
- Market Researcher & Drug Developer
- Pharmaceuticals Distributors
- Pharmaceutical Purchase Manager
- Formulation Pharmaceutical Technology Scientist
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Business Development Manager
Some Reputed Recruiters are:
- Dabur India Ltd.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories
- Central Ware Housing Corp.
- Directorate of Industries & Commerce, Nagaland
What are the salary expectations after pursuing courses in this field?
In India, the starting salary for an MBA (Pharmaceutical Management) qualified is around Rs.2.5 to 3.5 lacs per annum. Salary package offered in this field will also depend upon the recruiters and from where you have taken education.
If you have a good experience in this field and hold a senior position in the working area, then you can easily earn a handsome salary package in the pharmaceutical sector.
“Good experience in this field can easily lead you to a highly paid job”.
Books & Study Materials
Some popular books to study pharmaceutical management are:
Pharmaceutical Analysis by Davis G. Watson
A Textbook of Pharmaceutical Industrial Management by Biren Shah
Hand book of Drug store and Business Management by Ashok.K.Gupta
Pharmaceutical Industrial Management by G Vidya Sagar
Quality Assurance and Quality Management in Pharmaceutical Industry by Y.Anjaneyulu, R.Marayya
Pharmaceutical Marketing in India by Chaganti, Subba Rao
Principles and Practice of Drug store Administration by Burande
Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds by R.M. Silvesterin and G.C. Bassler
If you have any other queries regarding Career In Pharmaceutical Management, you may leave your comments below.