MBA in Finance
Finance is one of the most sought after specialization of MBA. A big community of students is attracting with this specialization.
It is one of the oldest disciplines of management courses. In the last of the 19th century it was the subject of Economics. By the start of the 20th century it got the affiliation of an individual subject for study.
When we heard the term ‘finance’, we thought of the banking. But no, just only banking is not the all for finance.
”The financial management is concerned to the planning and controlling of the financial resources of an industry”.
Finance as a subject involves the management, control and review of the collection, investment and resources of money as a capital required for an industrial building, plant and working.
This activity is called as the Financial Management which is controlled by the Finance Manager.
The students always think that, why to do MBA in Finance. There are some other specializations in MBA curriculum, then after what is the scope of finance. Actually;
It is the age of industrialization in all around the world. Many industries are being established in many countries. Finance is the way to establish an industry in a proper way in according to the money management of the building, run, money resources and its proper collection.
ADMISSION OPEN 2019
- MIT World Peace University, Pune B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- DIT University, Dehradun - B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chitkara University B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chandigarh University (Ranked 1 in North India) - Application Open.
To get the admission in MBA you should have a graduate degree in any discipline with good percentage.
Here we are talking about one of the specializations called “Finance”.
Students were asked that why you are choosing finance as their specialization. Replies, the financial crisis is being counted as the biggest crises of the world. And we had the experienced that before a couple of years. All countries are demanding heavily the skilled financial analyst against their financial sector for preparation and control.
Therefore, MBA in finance is most sought programme in across the world.
In this course, the students are offered the knowledge and skills of analytical thinking, continuous process, concept of managerial decision, maintaining balance between risk & profitability, coordination process and centralized nature.
The course is included with the corporate finance, budgeting, costing, international finance, investment & securities and working capital management. These subjects prepare the students to work with any financial organization.
Actually, the students who have done the B.Com or having commerce in their qualifying examination, they are well going-through the finance, accountancy and related fields.
Benefits of MBA in Finance course:
- You can initially join as a trainee or finance manager in various companies.
- You can opt organizational jobs for preparing financial reports or managing investment activities.
- After completing this course, you can also go for the further research studies.
Some of the affiliated universities conduct their own admission examination.
Yes, you can do the MBA in finance through the distance learning education programme. Some of the universities like Sikkim Manipal University and Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU 2019) are offering the distance MBA programme.
Some of the Indian Universities do not hold the entrance test for online education.
You may also check the following Examinations offering the MBA programmes:
Top colleges offering MBA in Finance course are listed here:
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Calcutta
- Xaviers Labour Research Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow
Jobs & Career
“There are lots of job opportunities are offered in the MBA (Finance) qualified in the public as well as private sector”.
Finance MBA can work in banking and non-banking sectors. You can work anywhere in the corporate world. Every industry has a need for financial expert for maintaining the balance of capital.
The students, who have done the MBA in finance, have a lot of job opportunities in government and the private sector. He/she can be a part of the stock market, top-notch organization, finance ministry and related organizations. Beside an MBA finance with CA can run his own business.
You can play the role of following positions in an industry:
- Asset Management
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Banking
- Credit Risk Management
- Derivatives Structuring
- Hedge Fund Management
- Private Equity
After pursuing this course, you can find job placements in various areas such as Financial Institutions, Banks, Financial Consultancies, Colleges & Universities and various government and private firms & companies.
The top recruiters for MBA finance among all are as the following:
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- Merrill Lynch
- Bain & Co
- Boston Consulting Group
- Lehman Brothers
- JP Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
“Finance is counted among one of the highly paid sectors of the country”.
It is a good paying degree course. Salary is no bar for the qualified and skilled one. A financial manager can earn Rs. 3 to 4 lacs per year.
Salary of an MBA in Finance qualified can also depend upon the working experience, qualification, recruiters, geographic location of the organization, etc. After gaining sufficient experience, you can easily earn attractive salary packages in both sectors.
Books & Study Materials
Here we are providing a list of most popular books to study MBA in Finance:
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham, Jason Zweig, and Warren E. Buffet
- The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing by Pat Dorsey and Joe Mansueto
- Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits and Other Writings by Philip A. Fisher and Kenneth L. Fisher
- Interpretation and Application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles by Steven M. Bragg
- Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors by Michael E. Porter
- Best Practices for Equity Research Analysts by James J. Valentine
For any other queries about MBA in Finance, you can ask us by leaving your queries below in the comment box.