MBA in HR
Latest Applications Open 2019:
What is ‘Human Resource Management’?
Human means the workforce that involved in an organization.
Resource means the limited availability.
Management means the proper utilization of limited workforce.
Human resource management is a process of hiring and developing the employees according to the organization.
On the other way, we can say that:
The “Human Resource Management” is a function that involves in the process of hiring of the workforce, providing development & training, maintaining workforce regulation, assessment of their performance, providing compensation & benefits, motivating, relation with labour, health, welfare and safety assessment”.
MBA in HR (Human Resource) is one of the most opting specializations of management courses. It is a challenging and stimulating programme of management.
The HRM was started as the discipline of the education and in a profession in the year 1913 as the labour management in England.
The students always think that, why to do MBA in HRM. There are some other specializations in MBA curriculum, then after what is the scope of HRM. Actually;
It is the age of industrialization in all around the world. Many industries are being established in many countries. HRM is the backbone of any industry in order to the skilled and knowledgeable workforce.
Scope of MBA in HR
The scope of the MBA in HR is very much demanding profession. As you know HR is the most important part of any organization/company. So, the need of HR in every field is increasing. In this profession, you can avail numbers of jobs with higher salary packages.
After this course you can apply for most reputed and respected job levels in various top most companies in India or in abroad. HR manager plays a crucial role in any company. So, in this profession you can make your career successful. The job opportunities in this field are increasing globally.
MBA in Human Resource (HR) is a 2 year degree programme. You can choose the one of your favorites and interested specialization out of the finance, marketing, HR, OM etc.
To get the admission in MBA you should have a graduate degree in any discipline with 50%.
Here we are talking about one of the specializations called “Human Resource Management”.
MBA in HRM allows the students to develop the general management skills in the first year and the learning about human resource practices in the second year.
In the curriculum of the course, the students are taught about the strategic management, human resource development and legal aspect management. The students are taught about the cultural, social and economic factors that influence employees’ relation.
Latest Applications Open 2019:
Some other specializations of MBA:
- International Business management
- Project management
- Property management
- Risk management
- Material management
- Event management
- Marketing management
- HR management
- Finance management
The specialized fields of HRM are:
- Labour Relations
- Labour Legislation
- Industrial Relations
- Training and Development
- Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation and Benefits
- Labour Welfare and Social Security
- Effective Communication Skills: It is the important factor in individuals for effective communication skills. If you are excellent in communication with peoples then, you will surely make unity in the organization.
- Supervision Quality: This quality belongs to the supervising of your junior in every field where they have your need. You have to build the quality of giving direction to your junior employees.
- Planning skills: This skill is a very important part to provide favored situation for your company. In this, you have to know the best techniques of planning and creation with the development of peoples working in your company.
Some of the affiliated universities conduct their own admission examination.
Yes, you can do the MBA in HR through the distance learning education programme. Some of the universities like Sikkim Manipal University and Indira Gandhi National Open University are offering the distance MBA programme. The IGNOU conducts the OPENMAT as entrance test.
Colleges Offering MBA in HR
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- University of Delhi, Delhi
- XLRI-Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
- P. Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- JBIMS-Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
Jobs & Career
There are various job opportunities in the field of human resource management. all industries need to hire an HR administrator(s) to settle and handle the activities regarding the hiring of employee, their benefits, compensation, salary settlement, training & development and maintain the work performance of the employee, and ensure that all activities is done as per the company policy.
An MBA in HR graduate can work in the industries, corporate, colleges & schools and MNC’s. There are a sufficient number of job in India, and off-course there is a great opportunity to work in abroad.
Some of the job titles of this field are:
- HR Generalist
- Staffing Director
- Technical Recruiter
- Compensation Manager
- Employee Relations Manager
- Employment or Placement Manager
- Director of HR Training and Development
- Organizational development and change consultant
It is a well-paid field. A well-experienced MBA graduate in HR specialization can earn the 2 lakh to 5 lakh per annum. The remuneration is a subject of the profitability, geographic location, organization level and personal qualification and experience.
The top recruiters for MBA (HRM) among all are as the following:
- ABC Consultants
- Adecco Group North America
- Body shopping
- Davidson Global Technologies
- Hudson Global, Inc.
- Inter Quest Group plc
- Kelly Services
- Manpower Inc.
- Randstad Holding
- Randstad India
- Wise Group
As a fresher, you can earn between Rs 3-5 per year. The salary depends on several factors such as the organizations you work, work experience, company location, academic background, etc. After gaining an experience, you can earn between Rs 3 to 6 lakh per annum.
Books and Study Material
- Readings and Cases in Human Resource Management by Mark E. Mendenhall, Gary R. Oddou, Gonter K. Stahl
- Human Resource Management by Manmohan Joshi
- Managing the Human Resource in 21st Century by Zorlu Senyucel
- Human Resources: A Practical Guide by Gemma Reucroft, Tim Scott
- The Experts Tech: Training Skills by Manage Train learn
- Investigation Skills for Managers by Jim Johnston
For more information about MBA in HR, leave your comments below.