MBA in International Business
Let’s discuss about the “International Business”.
Today, every business is going to expand itself in International market. It is the age of competition and everyone is trying to adopt the money-making technique. To recognize yourself in International market is one of the factors that show you are in a race.
Many industries and organization are hiring the Graduates of “International Business” to represent their company and business with sound and practical knowledge.
“The International Business focuses on the understanding of the behavior and planning of international operations”.
International means no restrictions of boundaries. If you are working with an International unit, you will have to go anytime anywhere in the world.
MBA in International Business is a postgraduate programme which equips the students with the sufficient knowledge and training for the all needed basic knowledge of International Business.
MBA in International Business is one of the popular specialization in management education. Another factor that has contributed to popularity of MBA in IB is that candidates with this degree are flavoured by the multi national companies.
It is a degree designed to develop the resources and capability of managers in the global economy. The academic education has been initiated in the year 1946 in America by the American Institute of Foreign Trade.
In today’s world we all are aware of the fact that need/demand of MBA degree holders is increasing day by day. So, the scope of MBA in international business is very much demanding and vast. After completing this degree, you can join various enterprises or firms anywhere. MBA is a perfect course for running your business. You can also find unlimited jobs in this field.
In the course curriculum of the MBA in International Business, the students are taught about the; procedure and documentation involved in export and import, methods of approaching customers in foreign countries, currency conversation & fluctuation, raising capital from international market and distribution market.
In the first year, the students know about the basic knowledge of general management with international business. In the second year the students can go for choosing the specialization in the area of finance, marketing, supply chain management with the emphasis of international business.
An MBA in IB is 2 years full-time or part-time or through distance education programme. It is offered by the various institutions in and out of the country.
It has the following course feature:
- Export and Import Management
- International Marketing
- Foreign Exchange Management
- International Finance
- International Logistics
- You must hold the bachelor’s degree minimum of 3 years duration in any of the disciplines & score at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- You can join this course after completing your UG degree in B.Tech/ B.Arch, medical, arts, humanities and science.
- For this course of study, you have to clear entrance exam+ GD (Group Discussion) + PI (Personal Interview).
- There is no age limit to apply for this course.
- Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply only if they submit the proof of required qualification before the commencement of the session.
After qualifying the entrance exam, students will be called for a second round which includes group discussion and personal interview.
Yes, you can do the MBA in IB through the distance learning education programme. Some of the universities conducts the entrance exams. Sikkim Manipal University and Indira Gandhi National Open University are offering the distance MBA programme. The IGNOU offers admission in MBA courses in various specialisations. Till last year, the University conducted OPENMAT but now its cancelled. Students get admission based on qualifying exam scores (UG scores).
Colleges offered MBA in IB:
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT 2023), New Delhi
- Amity International Business School, Noida
- University of Delhi, Delhi
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Jobs & Career
International Business is one such career progarmme which offers ample scope for career in international & transnational corporations.
With the huge growth of international business, the demand for individuals increased with an understanding of global markets & in-depth knowledge.
A student having the degree in international business can be a part of private and government sectors. This specialization provides the great opportunity to work in a global market and across the world.
The MBA in IB person can join the international market department of the companies, international placement offices, import and export departments of companies, global shipping companies, global tourism sector, international consultancy firms and international logistics & courier companies.
There are lots of job opportunities not in India but also in abroad. You can also work in financial institutions, banking sector, securities firms, hospitality & travel and tourism industry.
You job titles of this career prospective are:
- Export managers and executives
- International business consultant
- International Business Development Manager
- International Marketing Manager
- International Finance Manager
- Global Business Manager
- Export coordinator
- Account Manager
- Brand Manager
- Management Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Project Managers
- Material Manager
- Supplier Manager
- Investment Banking Manager
This field has a good opportunity to get the handsome salaries. It has a more opportunity to get a career in abroad and get the salary in foreign currency.
A postgraduate in international business from a reputed institution can get the initial salary offered range from 5 lakh to 12 lakh per annum and the designation will be as a management trainee.
The top recruiters of the MBA in IB are as the following:
- McKinsey & Company
- Boston Consulting Group
- Bain & Company
- Merrill Lynch & Co
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Lehman Brothers
- JP Morgan Chase & Co
- Goldman, Sachs & Co
- Booz & Company
- Johnson & Johnson
- Credit Suisse
- Deutsche Bank
- Morgan Stanley
- Bank of America
- Microsoft Corporation
Books & Study Material
Below, we are providing some books which will help you to study about MBA in International Business:
- MBA Fundamentals International Business Paperback by Rajesh Lyer
- MBA Fundamentals Business law by Ellen K. Curry
- Leading with Cultural Intelligence: The Real Secret to Success by Paul Polman
- Global Tilt: Leading Your Business Through the Great Economic Power Shift by Inge Thulin
- The Success Equation: Untangling Skill and Luck in Business, Sports, and Investing by Michael J. Mauboussin
If you have any query about MBA in International Business, you can ask your query below.