MBA in Marketing
The scope of MBA in Marketing is very good in today’s market trend. MBA in Marketing is one of the oldest disciplines of management study.
If you are interested in the entertainment, media, promotions, advertisement, sales and general management field, then the MBA is appropriate for you.
The marketing is the heart of any organization. The trend of marketing has changed and augmented with the technological evolution in the world.
Latest Application Forms Available
- Apply online for B.Tech from LPU University, Punjab. Apply Now
- Apply online for B.Tech from KCC Institute, Noida. Apply Now
- Apply online for B.Tech from Chandigarh University, Mohali. Apply Now
- Apply online for B.Tech from Avantika University, Ujjain. Apply Now
- Apply online for B.Tech from Symbiosis University, Indore. Apply Now
The MBA in marketing is involved in the sales and services of the products, competitions and market trends of the business.
MBA in marketing educates the students about sales, marketing fields, executive and leadership management skills, consumer trends, market strategies, product management and market research in different industries.
“MBA in Marketing Management is the subject of sales & services, promotions, advertising and consumer behavior study”.
MBA is a 2 year degree programme. You can choose the one of your favorites and interested specialization out of the finance, marketing, HR, OM etc. Marketing is one of the trending specializations of Master of Business Administration (MBA). Every year, a large number of students opt for MBA in Marketing across the country.
To get the admission in MBA you should have a graduate degree in any discipline with good percentage.
Here we are talking about one of the specializations called “Marketing”.
The MBA in Marketing may have the following courses:
- Strategic Planning
- Market Research
- Marketing Campaigns
- Consumer Behavior
- Cost Volume and Profit
- Analysis of Demand
You will also learn the communication skill, analytical skill, ability to integrate programmes or ideas, business ethics and leadership while your course ended.
Which colleges are best for pursuing MBA with Marketing Specialization?
You can pursue MBA in management from various B-schools situated in India as well as in abroad. It is best to do MBA in Marketing from IIMs. Apart from IIMs, we are also listing some good private colleges and Universities for pursuing this course.
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM A)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)
- Indian Institute of Managment, Bangalore (IIM B)
- Xaviers Labour Research Institute Jamshedpur (XLRI)
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I)
- Indian Institute of Management, Trichy (IIM T)
- Indian Institute of Management, kashipur (IIM K)
- Indian Institute of Management, Raipur (IIM R)
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
To get the admission in MBA with any specialization, it is necessary to appear and score in GMAT/CMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test/ Combined Management Admission Test).
You can do the MBA in finance after the completion of UG degree in Engineering, medical, science, art and humanities.
Some of the affiliated universities conduct their own admission examination.
Various states conducts its own entrance exams for providing admission to MBA programme.
Here, we are listing some reputed national level entrance exams for MBA:
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- Combined Management Aptitude Test (CMAT)
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)
- ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT)
- AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA)
- Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test (NMAT)
- Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU OET)
- MICA Admissions Test (MICAT)
Yes, you can do the MBA in marketing through the distance learning education programme. Some of the universities like Sikkim Manipal University and Indira Gandhi National Open University are offering the distance MBA programme.
Some of the Indian Universities do not hold the entrance test for online education.
There is a good scope of MBA in Marketing. Marketing itself is a vast field. After doing MBA in marketing, candidate can become sales executive or manager in reputed Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies like HUL or Marico industries. One can also work in IT industry.
Job opportunities are also available in Retail, Tourism, Banking, Hospitality, Media, Advertising, Consultancy, Market Research, etc.
With MBA degree in Marketing, candidates an also work as lecturer in prestigious institution. There are top rated B-schools in India which provides excellent salary to faculties. If you are interested in higher studies, then you can do Ph.D programme in related field.
Jobs & Career
The students, who have done the MBA in marketing, have a lot of job opportunities in government and the private sector.
You can be part of direct marketing or digital marketing. By the growing technology in the world the concept of marketing is not limited to the door to door sales. It has a wide variety of technologies.
You can do the marketing by the social media, pay-per-click, web designing, search engine optimization, search media optimization and articles.
The candidate having the MBA in marketing degree can earn the 40000 to 65000 per month in India. The salary structure depends on the position and reputation of the employer firm.
You can play the role of following positions in an industry:
- Marketing Manager
- Brand manager
- Asset Management
- Corporate sales
- Market Research Analyst
- Sales Manager
- Media Planner
- Product Manager
- Head of Digital Marketing
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strategic thinking and planning abilities
- Ability to Convince another person
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to perform market research and analysis
The top recruiters for MBA marketing among all are as the following:
- Al Futtaim Kaybee
- RAK Bank
- Al Ghanim
- KOJ Establishment
- Ranbaxy Fine Chemicals India
- Spencer’s Retail Ltd India
- Avalon Consulting
- Raymond Ltd
- Strategic Foods
- AW Rostamani
- Reckitt & Benckiser
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd India
- Cognizant Technology
- Solutions India
- Tech Mahindra
Books & Study Materials
You may refer these books to study this course. We are providing the best books that helps you to understand the MBA in Marketing. The books are listed below:
- Marketing Management by Rajan Saxena
- Marketing Concepts and Strategies by O.C. Ferell
- Strategic Marketing Management by Mark E. Parry
- Marketing Management by Dr. Girish C. Tejas B Vyas
- Marketing Ethics by George G. Brenkert
- Advertising Management by Rajeev Batra, John G. Myers, David A. Aaker
- S.L Gupta’s Marketing Of Services
- The Portable MBA in Marketing by Charles D. Schewe, Alexander Hiam
For any queries regarding MBA in Marketing, you may leave your comments below.