Modeling is the world of glitz, fame, glamour and money. “Modeling” and acting both are co-related. Modeling is the easiest way to get the entry in movies as an actor. But an entry in only modeling is so hard.
Every young man and women of the world show interest in this career if asked. Who does not wants to become famous across the national limits? But, there is a query in one’s heart that “how to become a model”. Generally, they do not know about the career and the courses in this field.
“Modeling” is a type of creative and performing art.
But more than art as it is a talent. In India, there is a huge demand of fresh model. The companies require the model for launch and ads of their products in the market. It is a field of handsome money and experience.
The types of modeling are as the following:
- Glamour modeling
- High fashion modeling
- Petite modeling
- Teen modeling
- Plus size modeling
- Mature modeling
- Character modeling
- Body part modeling
As a model you may get the chance to meet the people from different walk of life. You may find the opportunity to travel across the various countries to be in this field. Modeling field is not as simple as it looks. It is the field with the work full of stress, no time schedule, cut-throat competition, irregular work and many more.
If you wish to become a model, you need to have required the follow skills:
- No hesitation
- No problem for facing camera
- Pleasing personality
- Attractive face
- You must be bold
- Smiling face
- Good physique
- Good communication skill
- English proficiency
There are not specified professional degree courses in the field of modeling, beside some short time training or capsule courses offer by the few institutions in India. Various famous models have been established their own institutions or coaching to train the young boy and girls in the field of modeling.
To get the best position in this field and to make your stability in this field for a ling, you must go to the UG degree programme in creative art and design after the completion of your 12th class with any subjects like science, commerce & arts.
To become a model you may go for the below courses:
- UG Degree leading to the B.A in Creative Arts and Design for the duration of 3-4 yrs
- Diploma in Creative Arts and Design for the duration of 1 yr
- Diploma in Fashion Styling with the duration of one year.
- Certificate course in modeling for the duration of 6 months from private institutions
- Advance Certificate Course in Modeling has one year duration.
- Training programme in modeling for the duration of 1 month to 3 months from private institutions.
In the course curriculum, the students are taught about the creativity, design, type of modelling, arts, posing, camera technology, physical education and personality development. Candidates can appear in the FTII entrance 2020 & NSD 2020 to get admission in various courses offered by FTII & NSD.
You just need to make your portfolio, and handing this to the fashion house and ad agencies. You must have the good connection with model or fashion world to get a good start or platform.
Some colleges where you can pursue modeling courses are listed here:
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
- National School of Drama (NSD), Delhi
- Zee Institute of Media Arts, Mumbai
- Center for Research in Art of Film and Television (CRAFT), New Delhi
- Northeast Institute of Fashion Technology, Guwahati
- National Institute of Film and Fine Arts, Kolkata
- Asian Academy of Film and Television, Noida
Career & Jobs
The modeling is a very competitive field. You need to be ready ever to get the chance. Otherwise, another one will loot the opportunity which was for you. For being in lime light you need to be physically and mentally fit. Scams are the shadow of every model. Always try to avoid the scam in your career.
It is not assured that you will walk over the ramp. The Models are in heavy demand as per the organizer or the company. May be that you have to give the pose while you are at your bed or while bath. It depends upon the usage of the product.
Various areas where you can find jobs in modeling field are:
- Film Industry
- Fashion companies
- TV and Medical
- Colleges & Universities
- Government & Private Companies.
Some types of modeling as per the work are as the following:
- Runway modeling
- Showroom modeling
- Catalog modeling
- Fit modeling
- Television & Videos modeling
- Promotional modeling
- Editorial modeling
- Print advertisements modeling
You may get the offer by the international fashion agency and you may get the chance to walk on the red carpet in Cannes film festival.
After the completion of this course, you can get the job opportunity in:
- Face 1
- Ozone Models Management
- Platinum Models
- May rose Management Services in Mumbai
- Glitz, the Ramp
- The Tina Factor
- Aditi Modelling Service
- The Bridge
- Passion EC 191
- Profiles Est.
The salary in this field is not fixed. It fluctuates as per the estimation of the show. A low-budget fashion show pays to its model around Rs. 5000 to Rs. 10,000 per show.
An established model charges is Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 50,000 per show. The magazines pay 15 – 20 thousand per edition and the ad print pays as per the photograph printed.
Books & Study Materials
Here we have listed some books of modeling, which have been compiled by our experts after analyzing the other books available in the market:
- Show Biz Bible: The authoritative book on Modeling & Acting by Sabena Basch
- The Model’s Bible & Global Modeling Agency Contact List – An Insider’s Guide on How to Break into the Fashion Modeling Industry by R.C. Lane
- The Professional’s Guide to Modeling Kindle Edition by Roger Talley
- How to Become a Model: The Ultimate Guide to a Successful Modeling Career as a Professional Model by Liza Jo Laney
- How to Be a Model – The Ultimate Guide to Become a Model by Alexandre Ahlberg
For any other queries related to Modeling, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.