Delhi HC Stays NEET UG Eligibility on Upper Age Limit & NIOS/Open

On Wednesday, Delhi High Court stayed the CBSE Notification regarding the eligibility criteria on upper age limit, open schools candidates and having Biology as an additional subject. The stay order has passed by the bench of Justices Sanjiv Khanna and Chander Shekhar.

On 23rd February, the petitioners approached to the Supreme Court challenging the notification regarding eligibility for upper age limit. At that time, petitioners was said to withdraw their petition but they are free to submit their petition to the High Court.

Ten students from different states, all above the age of 25 had challenged the CBSE’s decision, by saying that other medical entrance exams like AIIMS and JIPMER did not have the upper age limit criteria (as per The Time of India reported).

Petitioners Jalaludheen T and Suresh T, who have completed courses in BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) and BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery), alleged that the upper age limit to appear for NEET was “Arbitrary and Unreasonable”.

As per the CBSE notification, candidates who had Biology as an additional subject or those who have taken more than two years to complete 11th and 12th class will also not be eligible to apply. Such candidates are also suggested to submit their applications for NEET examination.

Following candidates can submit the application:

• Candidates belonging to UR category aged above 25 years.
  • Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 aged above 30 years.
  • Candidates from NIOS/State Open School.
  • Candidates who have passed Biology as an additional subject.
  • Candidates who have passed as a private candidate.

newiconCheck here for official notification.

This stay order has allowed students to submit their applications for the NEET UG exam. The last date to submit the application is 9th March 2018. The final decision in this matter has yet to be taken. The next hearing regarding this matter will be done on 6th April 2018.

Open/NIOS/Private schools students or candidates who have crossed the upper age limit are suggested to fill the application form at earliest. Students must note that it does not mean they can sit for the exam. The further decision will be taken by the HC on next hearing.

1. Ansh raina says:

Sir m neet qualified kr li hu2018 sir mera documents verification ho gaya but mera admission nahi hua kyoki biology private s ki hu. Sir plz bataye m kya karu

2. Saddam kha says:

Sir Maine 10th up bord se Kiya hai 12th Nioas bord se Kiya hai to sir Kya mai neet 2019 ke exame ke liye eligible hai please repl

3. Vivek singh says:

Sir i have passed withgrace in english .i am obc cundidate
    I am ELIGIBLE for taking admission in mbbs or not ? Please answer .

4. Suman ranjan says:

Sir i get 60% marks in 12th bihar board but mera additional bio hai and phy-48 marks and chem-48mark hai but i am belong to obc category sir can i am eligible neet 2019 exam?? Plezz reply me sirji

5. Aaliya says:

Sir I am from hyderabad telangana,completed 10th from cbse and 12th from nios, qualified neet ug 2018 but my name is not in Telangana merit list.I have been calling neet helpline centre,mcc,mci, dghs since two days but no one has the right information.could you please help me.as the state counselling registrations have began from today

6. Pawan says:

Sir I passed class 12 in pcm in2016 but me read biology as additional subject .Can I apply for neet 2019?

7. R K Prajapati says:

Sir, maine 11th and 12th regular pcm v additional biology se pass kiya hai. Kya me neet ke liye eligible hu ?

8. P.s.sharma says:

Sir, mane 12th cbse board se pcm main 2018 main pass kiya hai kya main nios se ek subject bio se karake meet la exam de sakta ho on.

9. raghvendra baghel says:

sir i have passed 12th in pcm and biology as additional subject so i can applyfor NEET exam . sir please information given me.study for neet exam in 2019 .please sir take your decision.what i admission in BHMS collage in UG curse 2018.

10. Shivam Parihar says:

Sir mene up board se high school 2018 me high school pass kiya hai meri meri dob 31/01/2002 kya me neet ka form bhar sakta hu

11. Manjit says:

Sir my son has appeared for class 12 from PCM in march 2018 but now he is preparing for neet 2019.So now should he do biology as as additioal subject or he should again do class 12 from nios etc.in PCB.Which option will be better& non risky.Please guide me.

12. Rajendar Kumar Sharma says:

Sir . I have passed 10+2pcm/b and 11th PCM. What I admission in mbbs college in ug course 2018.

13. aroha says:

I have a dip in audio engg and Full time BE electronics and telecom. I am 27 and wish pursue mbbs abroad. Is neet mandatory if I do not wish to return to India? I don’t mind giving neet. But I am 27 nios candidate with full time Bachelors in engineering. Complex enough. I am filing petition or PIL If any one disallows to study further. I over qualify w.r t eligibility any way.

14. Naveen kumar says:

Sir my parents surname spelled u instead of what happens at counselling what is the solution

15. Is there any agelimit ? says:

Is there any age limit

16. Vilas g Shend says:

How many attempts NEET to appear

17. High court order says:

Today is 26th , pls let us know the decision about
    1.upper age limit.
    2. candidate passed his 12th standard from Open school

18. Twinkle says:

It’s 26th April now nios students are yet not able to download their admit card, plzz let us know when we will receive our admit card

19. sayra says:

sir admit card nhi nikal rha overage bta rha hai lekin age limit kahtam hai na ab

The admit card of NEET 2018 has not been released for candidates from open schools and those above the upper age limit as the Delhi High Court is still conducting a hearing on the NEET eligibility criteria.

20. Anjanee yadav says:

Sir 25yrs age students ka admit card download nahi ho raha hai what is the reason please help me out

21. Jayshree Saha says:

Sir I am pass NIOS PCB and Eng 12 th pass my admit card not appear court judge my admit card which date realised.

22. Md shamim akhter says:

Required for neet admit card urgently. But not provided for online form urgently. Please Send me neet admit card urgently

23. Mohammed jameel says:

I am open school students
    Is I am eligible for neet 2018, reply me sir

24. shobhi says:

sir admit card aa gya to m paper de skta hu neet exam…

25. Anjali Saberwal says: