NEET 2018, Attempts Limit Clarification
Latest Applications Open 2019:
All the medical and dental aspirants are informed that there may be 9 attempts in NEET examination. On the proposal of Union Health Ministry, MCI approved to finish attempts limit from 2018. Candidates can now appear the National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test (NEET 2018) in maximum 9 times till age criteria of 25 years. For reserved categories, the maximum age limit is 30 years. These candidates can get 14 opportunities to clear the exam. It is a national level examination organized by the CBSE board to offer admission into MBBS/BDS courses all over the country.
As per the officials, candidates may get 9 attempts to appear in NEET exam. Whereas candidates belonging to the reserved category may get 14 attempts to appear in NEET exam. Check – NEET Attempt Limit
Till now, there were three limits on the number of attempts for appearing the NEET. The limit in the number of attempts was introduced in year 2017 and was counted in the 2017 year. But from 2018, candidates have an option of maximum limits. The board will finish the attempts limits as per the officials.
Some Points to Be Noted:
- In order to appear the NEET, the candidate must fulfil attempt limit.
- From the year 2018, candidates can get the maximum attempt limit.
- There may be 9 attempts (GEN/OBC category) & 14 attempts (Reserved category) to qualify the NEET exam.
- This limit is started from 17 years of the candidate to 25 years (GEN/OBC) & 30 years (Reserved category).
- No state or other (AIIMS/JIPMER) examination attempts will be counted.
- There is not compulsory to attempt for NEET exam continuously. You can get the gap as per your convenient.
If you have any query regarding NEET 2018, you can ask us by commenting below.