JEECUP 2020 Exam Pattern, UP Polytechnic Pattern, Marking Scheme
JEECUP 2020 Exam pattern provides the scheme of examination. This includes question paper type, exam mode, exam duration, marking scheme, total asked questions. JEECUP 2020, also known as UP Polytechnic is the well-known state level entrance examination of Uttar Pradesh. It will be conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education (UPBTE), Lucknow. Through this examination, the students will be admitted to the diploma courses offered in engineering, non-engineering, and other technical disciplines. The UP Polytechnic 2020 exam will be held on 31st May (Group A & E) & 1st June 2020 (Group B to I & K1 to K8) for various groups. Here, we have posted the overall information about UPJEE Exam Pattern 2020.
JEECUP 2020 Exam Pattern
JEECUP 2020 will be conducted for various groups (Group A to Group K). There will be one paper for each group of JEECUP.
There is different question paper for different examination for which the syllabus will also differ. Here, we are providing details regarding UP Polytechnic exam pattern 2020:
- Number of Questions: The question paper will consist of total 100 questions. For each group, the separate question paper will be there that contains the questions as per the choice of the course.
- Question Paper Type: Only objective type questions will be asked in the examination for which four options are provided and the candidates are required to choose only one correct answer.
- Medium of Question Papers: All Examination papers are printed in two columns, one in Hindi and other in English Medium.
- Subjects: Varies Group to Group.
- Language: The question paper will be printed in English as well as in the Hindi Language.
- Mode of Exam: JEECUP will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Duration: The total time allotted to solve the question paper is 3 hours. Group A (Engineering/Technology Diploma Courses) – 9:00 am to 12:00 noon; Group E from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 pm. For Group B to I – 9 to 12 noon; K1 to K8 – 2:30 pm. to 5:30 pm.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. In case if the candidate chooses more than one response to the same question then, it is considered as a wrong answer and 1 mark will be deducted from it.
Subject Wise Question Percentage:
|Groups||Courses||Subject wise question percentage for examination|
|Group A||Engineering & Technology Diploma||Maths-50%|
Physics & Chemistry -50%
|E1 (Bio)||Diploma in Pharmacy||Physics & Chemistry -50% Biology -50%|
|E2 (Math)||Diploma in Pharmacy||Physics & Chemistry -50% Maths-50%|
Physics, Chemistry & Agriculture -50%
|C||Fashion Design, Home science and Textile design and engineering||English & Hindi comprehension-20% Reasoning & Intelligency-50%|
|D||1. Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice||English & Hindi comprehension-30%|
Reasoning & Intelligency-35%
|2.Library & Information Science|
|F||Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue culture)||Chemistry – 50%|
Botany – 25%
|G||Post Graduate Diploma course||English comprehension-20%|
|H||Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology||Reasoning & Logical Discussion-25%|
Numerical Ability & Scientific attitude-25%
|I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||Physics & Chemistry-50%|
|K1||1. Civil Engineering 2.Civil Engineering (Environment & Pollution Control)||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Civil Engineering -60%
|K2||1.Electrical Engineering 2. Electrical Engineering (Industrial Control) 1.Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Electrical Engineering -60%
|K3||1.Electronics Engineering 2. Electronics Engg. (Modern Consumer Electronics Appliances) 3. Electronics Engg. (Micro Electronics) 4. Electronics Engineering(Advance Microprocessor & Interface)||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Electronics Engineering -60%
|K4||1. Mechanical Engineering (Automobile) 2. Mechanical Engineering (Production) 3. Mechanical Engineering (Maintenance) 4. Mechanical Engineering (Refrigeration & Air conditioning) 5. Mechanical Engineering (Computer Aided Design)||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Mechanical Engineering – 60%
|K5||1. Information technology|
2. Computer Science and Engineering
|Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Information technology -60%
|K6||Printing Technology||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Printing Technology -60%
|K7||Fashion Design & Garment Technology||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Fashion Design & Garment Technology -60%
|K8||Textile Technology||Physics, Chemistry & Math – 40%|
Textile Technology -60%
JEECUP 2020 Syllabus
JEECUP 2020 Syllabus will be divided in three sections i.e. Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology and Physics. Syllabus will be based on 10th and 12th class. Candidates can check some important topics from the given section.
Here we have mentioned group wise syllabus for the JEECUP 2020 exam:
Group A: Syllabus will be based on class 10th. Candidates must go through the class 10th books to prepare for Group A. Questions will be asked from the subjects like Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
Group B: Questions will be asked from Physics or Chemistry, Agriculture and Mathematics subjects. Group B syllabus will consist of two sections.
Group C: Syllabus will be divided in three sections. Question paper will be based on 10th class syllabus. Questions will be asked from the subjects like English and Hindi Comprehension, General Awareness, Reasoning.
Group D: Question paper will consist of four sections i.e. Hindi and English Comprehension, Numerical Ability, Reasoning and Intelligence and General Awareness. Syllabus will be based on 12th class.
Group E: Group E syllabus will include subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology. Candidates can prepare syllabus based on 10th and 12th class.
For any further assistance regarding JEECUP 2020 Exam Pattern, you may leave your comments below in the comment box.