Career In Fine Arts
Do you like to do sketching, drawing & creativity?
Then, the study in Fine Arts will suit you.
A fine art is a fine collection of art that is done to create beautiful things.
The term “Fine Art” refers to an art form developed primarily for its aesthetic value and its beauty.
What Does Fine Art Include?
In a simple way, it is defined as”
“Fine Arts is the study & making of visual works of art. It can be in the form of dancing, paintings, photography, film, architecture, etc.”
It teaches and prepares students to become artists and to follow other practices that are associated with the making of art.
According to Aristotle “the main aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but also their inward significance”.
As per some writers, the idea of fine art was invented early modern period in the West. Larry Shiner in his book: “The Invention of Art: A Cultural History” finds the invention of fine arts in the 18th century.
Courses & Duration
There are a large number of certificate, diploma and degree level courses in fine arts courses that are offered by various Institutions. You can also pursue postgraduate & Ph.D courses in Fine Arts. The duration of the courses varies from 1 to 5 years.
- Diploma in Fine Arts: It is one year course. This course can be pursued after class 12th.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA): The duration of this course is 4 to 5 years.
- Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts (BA): It is three-year duration programme.
ADMISSION OPEN 2019
- MIT World Peace University, Pune B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- DIT University, Dehradun - B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chitkara University B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chandigarh University (Ranked 1 in North India) - Application Open.
- Master of Fine Art (MFA) or Master in Visual Arts (MVA): It is two years duration programme.
- Master of Arts in Fine Arts (MA): The duration of this course is typically two years.
Some institution offers Bachelor courses through correspondence and distance education. Two famous institutions are IGNOU, Delhi and School of Open Learning at Delhi University offer fine arts course in correspondence.
Some of its specialized fields are:
- Dance & Choreography
- Printmaking and imaging
- Conceptual Art
- Painting and drawing
- Acting & Theatre
- Visual Communication
Skills required in Fine Arts
- The drawing made by you should be realistic in the visitor’s eyes.
- You have to be full of art materials & how to proper use of them.
- The presentation & displaying of your work should be in a proper manner and accurate.
- You must possess creativity
- The techniques used with colours and color theory.
- The communication & interpersonal skills are required to be present within you.
- You have to be knowledge of all digital media used with some latest technologies.
- You can pursue a diploma or degree course, after completing higher secondary education (12th) examination from any recognized board. You can get admission in the bachelor course after qualifying the aptitude test that is conducted by few BFA Institutes.
- If you want to pursue education in master programme, you have to qualify the bachelor degree in fine arts.
Some of the famous colleges that offer UG & PG courses in Fine Arts:
- University of Hyderabad
- University of Delhi
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Kurukshetra University
- Amity University
- International Institute of Fine Arts, Delhi
Top Colleges in abroad offering Fine Arts:
- Northeastern Illinois University, USA
- University of New South Wales, Australia
- University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Newcastle University, UK
- University of Southampton, UK
Career & Jobs
Why Study Fine Arts?
Today, the opportunities in Fine arts are increasing at a rapid rate in the various sectors.
Presently, to obtain excellent salary, popularity and prestige, youth population of India are getting attracted to this field.
After completing graduation, students have a choice to work as an art teacher, artist in government offices or photographer. You can also start your career as a freelance worker & go for direction, clothing, photography, television and fashion.
You can also pursue careers in academia, architecture and the film industry. You can join creative departments of magazines, advertising agencies, and newspapers in the publishing or the textile industry.
Fine art graduates may also apply for mainstream graduate employment and training in a broad range of industries, for example, banking, art gallery, insurance, media and public relations.
The fine artists work is to produce artwork by using a wide variety of media and techniques.
You can display your work in museums, private galleries or have a private collections and get rewarded for your work. The objects made by you will sell in studios, auctions, stores or at arts and crafts shows.
The scope in fine arts is quite good, you can earn respect & money both under this professional career. The multimedia artists and animators work in the motion picture or video gaming industries.
Some of the Job profiles are:
- Art therapist
- Multimedia programmer
- Drawing Teacher
- Set Designer
- Production Artist
- Music Teacher
- Creative Director
- Furniture Designer
- Art Director
- 3d Artist
Employment Areas are:
- Advertising companies
- Art Studios
- Tailoring Shops
- Fashion Houses
- Education Institutions
- Television Industry
- Textile Industry
The salary will vary depending on the Jobs. A graduate in fine arts can start their career in between Rs. 2 to 3 lacs per annum that depends on the basis of their talent. The salary package will be increased along with experience as well as knowledge. Those peoples want to work in advertising agencies & publishing houses, they can earn attractive compensation of nearly Rs. 4 to 5 lacs per annum. The average annual wage of fine artists in abroad is $58,250.
Books & Study Material
- The Art Forger by Barbara A. Shapiro
- The Art Spirit by Robert Henri
- Vision and Art: The Biology of Seeing by Margaret S. Livingstone
- History of Art by H.W. Janson
- Wall and Piece by Banksy
- American Painting by Donald Letcher Goddard
- The Paintings Of Samuel Palmer by Raymond Lister
For more information about Career in Fine Arts, you can ask your query below.