Career In Gaming
Mostly peoples take gaming as a hobby, but it is more than that….. You can also make your career in gaming & earns a lot through this industry.
From recent years, there is tremendous growth has been seen in the India’s video gaming industry, thereby now it has turned into a serious profession.
What is Gaming?
Gaming is an activity to play electronic games using gaming consoles, computers, tablets, mobile phones or any other medium. A person who is into gaming is often termed as a “gamer or hardcore gamer”.
Gaming is a highly competitive sector where professionals are needed who have a good balance of creativity, fun and technology. The most important skills required in this field are creativity and passion.
You can also pursue Career in Gaming after completing your B.Tech in computer science engineering as a Game developer. Candidates who are good in programming languages they also have good opportunities in the gaming industry.
Admissions Closing Shortly
Well, if you have ever wanted to get indulged into the making of the game, then you may look at the game designer as a good career option.
With the growth of science and technology, the sector ‘Gaming’ is also growing with the latest techniques of games. Researcher and Gaming Developer are facing to the new era of digital games with a tinge of brain-boosting pattern.
Types of Gaming:
Gaming is a vast field, it consists of various types which are listed below:
- Personal Computer Game
- Handheld Game
- Online Game
- Arcade Game
- Console Game
- Mobile Game
Courses & Eligibility
Let’s talk about the courses in this field.
In India, there are many top game design institutions and colleges offer several game design courses from certificate level to masters level. Some most popular courses are listed below:
Also Check: Courses after 12th
Certificate & Diploma Courses:
- Certificate in Gaming
- Certificate course in Game Art & Design
- Diploma in Production Gaming
- Diploma in Game Design and Integration
- Diploma in Animation, Gaming and Special Effect
- Diploma in Game Design (DGD)
- Diploma in Game Development
- Diploma in Game Programming
- Advanced Diploma in Game Art & 3D Game Content Creation
- Advance Diploma in Game Programming
- Advance Diploma in Game Design and Development Application
- B.Sc. in Gaming
- Bachelors in Media Animation & Design (BMAD)
- B.Sc. Animation & Gaming
- Bachelor of Science in Animation Game Design and Development
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) – Computer Science and Game Development
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Animation & Computer Graphics
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Digital Filmmaking & Animation
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Graphics, Animation & Gaming
- Integrated M.Sc. in Multimedia & Animation with Game Art & Design
- M.Sc. in Gaming
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Game Design and Development
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Multimedia and Animation
You may also check:
For admissions in diploma courses, you must have cleared 10+2 or equivalent exam with any stream from any recognized board. Some colleges prefer minimum 60% marks criteria for providing admissions in diploma courses. If you are seeking for admission in certificate courses, you should have passed 10th standard from any recognized board.
Students who have successfully completed higher secondary/ 12th class from any recognized board are eligible to apply for undergraduate courses. For admission in postgraduate courses, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in the related discipline or branch.
For admission in game design or gaming courses, firstly you have to meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by the institution or college where you are seeking for admission. Some colleges offer admission to students on the basis of merit list of qualifying exam.
Various colleges give admission on the basis of entrance examination followed by group discussion and personal interviews.
Some best colleges to pursue courses in this field are:
- Bharti Vidyapeeth University, Pune
- Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematic (MAAC), Mumbai
- Arena Animations, New Delhi
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts, Bangalore
- iPixio Animation College, Bangalore
- Animaster Academy – College for excellence in Animation, Bangalore
- Academy of Animation and Gaming, Noida
Career & Jobs
“It is a fun career with lots of job opportunities”.
There are many job opportunities are available in India as well as abroad. India offers game development and animation services at highly competitive rates as compared to other outsourcing areas.
You can opt for your career in various genres of gaming such as video gaming, console gaming, wireless gaming, PC gaming and multiplayer gaming.
The growth of Indian games industry has provided several job opportunities to the skilled professionals. There are many top game designing companies in India, which recruits professionals for game designing.
Benefits of Gaming Courses:
These courses can be beneficial for those who are seeking a career in the field of gaming like:
- You can also work as a video game designer, board game designer, independent game developer and many others.
- Gaming courses make you more marketable to employers as they need candidates with a good knowledge of current gaming technologies.
- Game Designer
- Character Animator
- Art Designer
- Freelance Game Developer
- Script Writer
- Game Tester
- Game Modeller
- Level Designer
- Game Quality Assurance Tester
- Interactive Media Designer
- Gameplay Programmer
- Art Designer
- Level Scripter
Some reputed recruiters are:
- Electronic Arts (EA)
- Digital Chocolate
“This field rewards young and creative professionals with high salary packages”.
In India, the average salary of a video game designer is around Rs.4.5 lacs per annum depending on the working organization and skills.
A video game designer in the USA, can get an average salary of $58 k per annum. With good skills in game development, you can easily get a high paying job.
Books & Study Materials
Here we have listed some best books which will help you throughout your studies:
Artificial Intelligence for Games by Ian Millington and John Funge
The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses by Jesse Schell
Level Up!: The Guide To Great Video Game Design by Scot Rogers
Game Engine Architecture by Jason Gregory
Game Theory: An Introduction by Steve Tadelis
For further queries related to Career In Gaming, feel free to ask us by commenting below.