FTII JET 2021: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern
FTII JET 2021 entrance exam admission will be offered in the Film & Television Institute of India (FTII) and Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute (SRFTI). It is a national level examination which will be organized by the FTII. The exam is conducted for admission in the Post Graduate Diploma & some Post Graduate certificate course. Here we are providing details such as exam dates, application form, its fee, and much more regarding FTII JET 2021.
The courses offered in Film Wing Courses are Direction & Screenplay writing, Feature Film Screenplay writing, Editing, Acting Cinematography, Sound Designing & Recording, and Art Direction & Production Design.
Television wing courses are Directions, Sound Recording & Television Engineering & Video Editing, Electronic Cinematography, and Video Editing.
FTII JET 2021 Exam Date
Candidates must go through following table regarding FTII JET Exam Date:
|Application form release||January 2021|
|Submission of application form||2nd week of February 2021|
|Admit card availability||3rd week of February 2021|
|JET 2021 Exam date||4th week of February 2021|
|Result declaration||3rd week of April 2021|
|Interview||4th week of April 2021|
|Admission begins||4th week of April 2021|
FTII JET 2021 Application Form
Candidates must go through following details regarding FTII JET Application Form:
- FTII JET 2021 Application Form will be made available via online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form from January 2021
- The last date to submit the application form will be first week of February 2021.
- While filling application form, candidates must upload passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates must select two cities according to their preferences during registration.
- It will be also mandatory to provide valid/ working email ID & phone number in the application form.
- Candidates must not forget to take multiple printout of filled in application form for further use.
- Candidates will be able to submit the application fee via online mode.
- The online mode of payment includes credit card, debit card.
- The application fee for different category will be as:
|Wing||General category||SC/ ST/ PwD category candidates|
|Film Wing Group||Rs. 4000/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|Television Wing Group||Rs. 4000/-||Rs. 1250/-|
FTII JET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through following eligibility norms before applying for FTII JET 2021:
- Direction & Screen Play Writing, Electronic Cinematography, & Video Editing Acting: Candidates must have qualified bachelor’s degree from any recognized board or university to be eligible.
- Sound Recording & Television Engineering: Candidates must have qualified 12thlevel examination with Physics as mandatory subject.
- Art Direction & Production Design: Candidates must have qualified Bachelor’s degree in any one from Applied Arts, Sculpture, Architecture, Painting, related Field in Fine Arts, Interior Design, or equivalent diploma.
FTII JET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through following details regarding FTII JET Exam Pattern:
- Exam mode: The examination will be organized through offline mode.
- Questions Type: The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & descriptive type questions will be asked in the examination.
- Exam Duration: Candidates will get 3 hours to complete the examination.
- No. of questions: There will be 30 MCQ’s & 70 descriptive type questions.
- Maximum marks: Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark.
Candidates must check following table for marking scheme for each course:
Film wing course:
|General Awareness (National/ International), Indian History, Culture, etc.||15|
|General Aptitude Course||Total-30|
|Long descriptive questions||20|
|Specific Area Aptitude Test||Total- 70|
Television Wing Course:
|General Awareness (National/ International), Art, Culture, folk art, etc.||15|
|Questions related to TV, Electronic Media, and digital media||15|
|General Aptitude Course||Total-30|
|Long descriptive questions||20|
|Special Area Aptitude Test||50|
FTII JET 2021 Syllabus
FTII JET Syllabus will have no specific syllabus. There will be different topics for each wing.
In Film wing, question paper will consists of two sections as Section A & section B. In section A, There will be questions from General Aptitude Test. It will be related to Architecture, Art, etc. related to cinemas.
In section B, question will be asked from specific Area Aptitude Test. There will be long descriptive questions, & short notes type questions.
In Television wing, question paper will consist of 3 sections as Section A, Section B, and Section C. General Aptitude Test will come under section A. Question paper will consist of general awareness & television, digital media & electronics.
Section B will comprise of long descriptive questions & section C will comprise of Special Area Aptitude Test.
Candidates must go through following tips & tricks while preparing for FTII Entrance Exam:
- Make notes & study it on regular basis.
- Read deeply about cinematography.
- Practice by watching various different channels on film making & film analysis.
- Get some knowledge from art & culture from GK books & newspaper.
- Keep atleast last one week for revision.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
FTII JET 2021 Admit Card
FTII JET Admit Card will be released via online mode. It will be made available in third week of February 2021 by exam conducting authority. Candidates will have to download it by using their email ID & password.
No candidate will receive any admit card as offline mode via post or courier. Admit card will contain all details like exam venue, exam schedule, candidate’s name, exam instructions, and much more regarding exam. Candidates are advised to follow all the given instructions in the admit card.
It will be mandatory for all candidates to carry admit card at the examination center as no candidate will be allowed to sit in the exam hall without admit card & valid ID proof.
FTII JET 2021 Result
FTII JET Result will be made available by third week of April 2021. It will be released via online mode after the commencement of exam. The authority will release separate merit list based on candidates marks scored in the examination.
The result will get declared in the form of pdf. A separate merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored by the candidate.
The FTII JET 2021 reservation policy will be as per the Government of India reservation rules as given below:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Class – Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Person with Disability (PwD) with 40% disability||5%|
FTII JET 2021 Counselling
FTII JET Counselling will be organized at designated center. Counselling will be organized after successfully qualifying the examination. It will be mandatory for all qualified candidates to participate in the counselling session.
Personal interview & orientation will be a part of counselling. There will be medical test before interview & auditions. It will be mandatory to clear all rounds of counselling to participate in the admission procedure further.
FTII JET 2021 Admission
FTII JET Admission process will be release separately by each institute. The call letter will be sent to candidate for various admissions round of selection process. It will be send only to selected candidates. Admission procedure will consist of document verification, fee submission, and much more.
Candidates will have to visit the University for Final Admission. Final selected candidates will get admission for the year 2021 in full time regular programme.
If you have any other queries about FTII JET 2021, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.