Karnataka PGCET 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility
Karnataka PGCET 2023 (Post Graduate Common Entrance Test) will be conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). It is a state-level entrance exam conducted for the candidates who want to take admission in Postgraduate courses. Admission will be offered to candidates in PG courses such as M. E/ MTech/ MBA/ MCA/ ME/ M.Arch. To get admission in various post-graduate courses candidate need to fill the application form through online mode. The application form will be released in the month of June 2023. In this article, we have provided complete details about Karnataka PGCET 2023 entrance exam such as Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (Karnataka PGCET)|
|Organization Name||Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-paper based) mode|
|Category||MBA, MCA, ME, MTech, etc.|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam Dates
Following are the tentative exam dates regarding Karnataka PGCET 2023 exam:
|Release of the Application Form||1st week of June 2023|
|The deadline to submit the application form||2nd week of July 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||3rd week of July 2023|
|Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam Date||1st week of August 2023|
|Answer key||2nd week of August 2023|
|Announcement of Result||3rd week of August 2023|
|Counselling start||1st week of September 2023|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application Form
Following are the complete details regarding Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application Form:
- The Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application Form will be made available through online mode.
- The Application Form will be released from first week of June 2023.
- Candidates need to fill the details in the application form correctly as there will be no correction facility provided by the authority.
- All important information will be send to candidate’s registered mail ID & number so it must be valid/ working.
- The application form will be accepted only of eligible candidates, so candidates must ensure they fulfil each eligibility norms.
- Candidates need to enter the required details in the application form like Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Education Qualification, etc.
- The last date to submit the application form will be second week of July 2023.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- The application form fee will be submitted through offline mode.
- Candidates can pay the fee by using Challan Facility for the submission of the application form.
- In any case, application fee will be non-refundable.
The application form fee for every candidate will be as follows:
|General Candidates||Rs. 650|
How to Apply for Karnataka PGCET 2023
- Step-1: Visit the website of Karnataka PGCET 2023
- Step-2: Click on the link for “Karnataka PGCET 2023 registration”.
- Step-3: Fill the application form by entering the details like name, email id, phone number, etc.
- Step-4: Upload the scanned documents required for Karnataka PGCET 2023 like photograph and signature.
- Step-5: Pay the application fee through offline mode.
- Step-6: Print the application form for future reference.
Karnataka PGCET Eligibility Criteria
Following are the complete eligibility criteria for the Karnataka PGCET 2023:
- Qualification: Candidates must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent exam from recognized university.
- Marks: Candidate must score minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
- Appearing: Candidate appearing in final exam in year 2023 will also eligible to apply.
- Qualification: Candidates must clear graduation exam from recognized university or institution.
- Subject: Candidate must pass with subjects in graduation degree like Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science or Computer Application as one of the optional subject.
- Marks: Candidate must secure at least 50% marks in graduation degree (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
For ME/ M.Tech./M.Arch:
- Qualification: Candidate must have bachelor degree in B.Tech/ M.Sc. from recognized university/ institution.
- Score: Applying candidates must have a valid GATE Score.
- Marks: The minimum score candidate can obtain will be 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Following are the complete exam pattern for the Karnataka PGCET 2023 entrance examination:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted via offline mode.
- Medium: The medium of paper will be in English medium Language only.
- Total Marks: There will total of 100 marks for each course.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes) to solve the paper.
- Types of Questions: The exam will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Marking Scheme: +1 mark will be given for every correct answer and there will be no negative marking in the exam.
|Courses||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch||75||100|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Syllabus
The Karnataka PGCET Syllabus will be prepared for testing the Technical, English and problem-solving skills of candidates. The exam varies for different courses. We have provided the syllabus for various popular courses.
|Element of Civil Engineering and Strength Material||Geo-Technical Engineering|
|Building Engineering Science||Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering|
|Process Calculation||Process Industries|
|Fluid Mechanics||Pollution Control Engineering|
|Mechanical Operations||Process Control|
|Heat Transfer||Mass Transfer|
Computer Science Engineering
|Engineering Mathematics||Web Technologies|
|Data Structures and Algorithm||Computer Network|
|Logic Design and Computer Organization||Database|
|Formal Languages and Automata Theory||Operating Systems|
Mathematics and Computer Science
|Probability||“C” Computer Language|
|Combination Analysis||Algebraic Structures|
|Linear and Nonlinear Equations||Logic|
|Set Theory||Number System|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Preparation Tips
Here are some preparation tips for better preparation Karnataka PGCET 2023 entrance exam:
- Go through the whole syllabus and exam pattern of the Karnataka PGCET 2023 exam.
- Create your study format and stick to it religiously.
- Stay focused on your studies by avoiding any type of distractions.
- Go through the previous year’s questions and sample papers.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid engaging in any harmful activities.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Admit Card
The Karnataka PGCET 2023 Admit Card will be release from third week of July 2023. To download the admit card, candidates need to provide the registration number. The admit card contain details like name, father name, exam date and exam center, etc.
The admit card will be available through online mode. Candidates are advised to keep the admit card safely until admission process. With the admit card candidates also have to carry valid ID proof.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Answer Key
The Karnataka PGCET 2023 Answer Key will be released by the authority through online mode. The answer key will be available from second week of August 2023. The Karnataka PGCET 2023 Answer key will consist of the correct answers to every asked question in the entrance exam.
The Answer key will be available in PDF format. By checking the answer key, candidates will be able to predict their marks in the examination even before the result declaration. After objection period gets over, authority will also release final answer key for the candidates.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Result
The Karnataka PGCET 2023 Result will declare by the authority from third week of August 2023. Candidates need to provide their roll number in order to check the result. Apart from the result, the authorities will also publish different merit list for various courses.
The reservation policy of the Karnataka state will also be applied at the time of merit list creation. On the basis of the merit list, candidates will get shortlisted for counselling rounds.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Counselling
To confirm their admission, candidates will have to take part in counselling process. The Karnataka PGCET 2023 counselling procedure will be conducted through online mode. Candidates will be able to register for counselling from 1st week of September 2023. During counselling, candidates will have to provide their preference of branch and college.
The seats will be allotted based on marks secured by candidates in the exam and choice filled during counselling. Candidates will also have to bring some important documents for the verification process.
Documents Required for Counselling:
- Six Passport size photographs.
- Class 10 and 12th Mark Sheet & passing certificate issued by a recognized Education board.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Carry all certificate
- A printed copy of the Result of the Entrance Examination.
- Admit card issued for the entrance exam.
If you have any query related to Karnataka PGCET 2023, you can ask by writing in comment section below.