PTU Exam 2022: Application Form, Admission Dates, Eligibility Criteria
PTU 2022 Registration From will be released from the last week of May 2022 through online mode only. It is a centralized counselling procedure conducted by the IK Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU). The counselling procedure will be conducted for candidates seeking admission in various UG and PG courses of Engineering, Pharmacy, Commerce, Management, IT and Science field. The admission procedure for various courses will be regulated on the basis of relevant National level entrance exams. Through this article, we will provide the complete details with latest updates on PTU Admission 2022.
PTU 2022 Admission Dates
Checkout the complete tentative PTU Admission Dates 2022:
|Events||Start Dates (2022)||End Dates (2022)|
|Fee deposition||Last week of May 2022||1st week of June 2022|
|Registration||Last week of May 2022||2nd week of June 2022|
|Rank preparation and updating||Based on JEE Main rank||Based on JEE Main rank|
|Choice filling||1st week of June 2022||2nd week of June 2022|
|1st round result||2nd week of June 2022||2nd week of June 2022|
|Reporting||2nd week of June 2022||2nd week of June 2022|
PTU 2022 Application Form
Here are the detailed information candidates needs to know regarding PTU Application Form 2022:
- The PTU Registration Procedure 2022 will be regulated through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to register themselves from the last week of May 2022 to 2nd week of June 2022.
- IK Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU) will release the application form for eligible candidates only, so candidates must confirm their eligibility before applying.
- The details filled by candidates in the application form must be same as it appears in the marksheet, any alteration in the details can cause rejection of application form.
- Applicant must submit their PTU application form before the Prescribed date, as no candidates will be allowed to submit the application form after that date.
- The Last date for submission of PTU application form will be in 2nd week of June 2022.
- Candidates are advised to seek the printout of filled PTU application form and fee receipt for future references.
The PTU Application Fee can only be submitted through online mode. Candidates can use Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking Payment gateways for transaction of PTU application fee.
The PTU Application fee structure for every candidate will be as follows:
|General category candidates||Rs. 500|
|SC/ ST category candidates||Rs. 250|
PTU 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Following are the complete eligibility norms for the PTU 2022 Examination:
For B.Tech. Courses:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 Intermediate examination form any recognized board.
- Subjects: Applying candidate must have Physics & Mathematics as mandatory subjects in qualifying examination.
- Score Card: Candidates must have valid score card of JEE Main 2022 to be eligible for admission.
For B.Arch. Courses:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed or appearing in the 12th or its equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- Marks: Candidates should have obtained at least 50% aggregate marks in qualifying examination to be eligible.
- Subjects: Candidates should have mathematics as one of subject in their qualifying examination.
- Score Card: Candidates must have valid score card of NATA examination to be eligible for PTU Admission.
For MBA Courses:
- Qualification: Candidates applying for MBA Programme must be the bachelor’s degree holder in any discipline from a recognized institution.
- Score Card: Applying candidates must have a valid score card of CMAT Examination to be eligible for admission.
For M.Tech. Courses:
- Qualification: Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree of B.Tech/ B.E. or its equivalent discipline from any recognized institution.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST category candidates) to be eligible for admission.
- Score Card: Candidates must have valid score card of GATE exam.
For M.Pharma Courses:
- Qualification: Candidates must have Graduation in relevant field from any recognized university/ institute.
- Score Card: Candidates must have score card of GPAT to be eligible for admission.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
PTU 2022 Cut Off
The PTU Cut off will be released by the university for every registered candidates on the basis of their category and courses. University will release the cut off marks for shortlisting the candidates for the counselling procedure. Candidates must have scored more than prescribed cut off marks in their examination to be eligible for PTU admission procedure.
PTU 2022 Cut off marks will be released by the university for through online mode. Candidates will be able to check the cut off marks for every courses through the website of authority.
PTU 2022 Result/ Merit List
The PTU merit list/ result will be released by the university for every registered candidates through online mode. The PTU merit list/ result will be consisting of names of shortlisted candidates for the admission procedure.
PTU merit list/ result will not be sent to any candidates individually through by post or any other offline mode. Candidates will be able to check the complete merit list for every courses through the website of authority.
PTU 2022 Counselling
The PTU counselling procedure will be conducted by the university for every shortlisted candidates through the merit list. PTU 2022 Counselling procedure will be followed by the various steps as mentioned below:
Counselling procedure will commence with the processing of payment for registration. Candidates will have to pay Rs.2000/- as counselling registration fee for participating in the counselling procedure.
After the submission of payment, candidates will have to complete their registration by entering all the required details and documents for the counselling procedure.
Choice Filling process will allow the candidates to select their preference of Centre and Courses. Candidates will have to select the College and courses they want to apply for during the choice filling.
The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of rank in the merit list. Candidates will be able to check their allotted centre through the website of authority.
After the allotment of seats, candidates will have to report at their allotted centre for completing all remaining formalities for confirming their seats. Candidates will also have to bring all required documents at the counselling centre for document verification round.
Following are the required document candidates will have to bring at the time of reporting:
- 10th class marks sheet and certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and certificate
- Degree certificate
- Birth certificate
- Seat allotment letter
- Character certificate
- Residence certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Counselling fee deposited slip
- Gap certificate (if needed)
- Caste certificate, etc.
If you have any other query about PTU Exam 2022 then you can ask us by leaving your queries below.