CMC Vellore Nursing 2020: Admission (Started), Counselling (Started)
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Admission Registration has been started for M.Sc. Nursing course. The entrance exam is conducted by Christian Medical College, Vellore. This is a university level entrance exam held every year to offer admissions in the B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc Nursing, Diploma and PG Diploma Nursing courses. Candidates seeking admission into nursing courses in the Institute are required to obtain qualifying score in the entrance test & assessment test. Through this article candidates can check all the details regarding answer key, result and much more of CMC Vellore Nursing 2020.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Notifications – Admission Reg Started (M.Sc Nursing)
Get complete updates of CMC Vellore Nursing 2021 Admission and counselling procedure from here. Click here to view details.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Admission registration has been started from 25th November for M.Sc. Nursing course. Check here for counselling details.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2021 exam will be conducted in the month of May 2021. Get more details about CMC Vellore Nursing 2021 here.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Exam Dates
Check below dates for UG & PG courses in CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 in the below table:
For UG Nursing:
|Chittoor campus||Other campus (B.Sc Nursing & Diploma nursing)|
|Application form release||12th February 2020||12th February 2020|
|Closing date of application form with payment||26th March 2020||26th March 2020|
|Last Date of Uploading Supporting Documents (wherever necessary) Email attachments are accepted||12th June 2020||12th June 2020|
|Last date for receipt of certification forms from Minority Network organisation||12th June 2020||12th June 2020|
|Admit card release||12th September 2020||12th September 2020|
|Step 1 CBT Exam||24th September 2020||24th September 2020|
|Step 1 CBT result/Announcement of List for Step 2||1st October 2020||1st October 2020|
|Step -2 Special Test & Interview||15th October 2020||15th October 2020|
|Final Result||23rd October 2020||23rd October 2020|
|Registration date||4th December 2020||4th December 2020|
|Starting of Classes||14th December 2020||14th December 2020|
For PG Nursing:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Announced)|
|Application form release||20th November 2019|
|Last date of downloading application form||9th March 2020|
|Last date of receipt of supporting documents||16th March 2020|
|Last Date of Uploading Supporting Documents (wherever necessary) Email attachments are accepted||12th June 2020|
|Examination Date – Step I||24th September 2020|
|Release of list of candidate – Step II|| 1st October 2020|
|For M.Sc. Nursing – Step II|
|Registration & medical check-up at Vellore – Step II||15th June 2020|
|Assessment of knowledge & skills – Step II||16th & 17th June 2020|
|Final Selection list availability||24th June 2020|
|Admission registration/Commencement of course||23rd September 2020|
|For Post Basic Nursing, Post basic diploma in Nursing and Fellowship in Nursing|
|Registration & medical check-up at Vellore – Step II||18th June 2020|
|Personal Interviews||19th June 2020|
|Final Selection list availability||24th June 2020|
|Admission registration/Commencement of course||25th November 2020|
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Result
The CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Result has been announced on 1st October 2020 for UG courses respectively. Candidates can check their result through online mode only. The final result has been declared on 23rd October 2020.
Students qualifying the test by securing the minimum qualifying marks are eligible for further admission process. Candidates who gets short-listed will be informed through their registered mail id for further counselling & interview rounds.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Admission
Candidates have to clear their written test as well as special test and interview round to be present in the CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Counselling/Admission.
Admission registration has been started from 25th November for M.Sc. nursing course. For B.Sc. nursing course, it is starting from 4th December 2020.
It is necessary to bring all the original and photocopies of the necessary documents during the counselling process for verification round.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Exam Centers
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Exam Centers will be in Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida and Delhi (NCR) and Vellore.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Application Form
Check below given details related to CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Application Form:
- CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Application form has been released through online mode.
- The UG Nursing Application form has been released on 12th February 2020. While the PG nursing Application has been released on 20th November 2020.
- The Online Application process consists of various steps like Registration, Payment of fee, filling the details and printing of form.
- Last date to fill application for UG courses will be till 26th March 2020 and for PG courses is till 9th March 2020.
- Candidates are required to send the scanned copies of documents as email attachments to [email protected], after the Lock down period is over, the hard copies can be sent by speed post /courier.
- Candidates are not required to send hard copy of the application form to the University.
The Application fee includes the course fee and administrative fee.
The course fee and administrative fee as per courses is given below:
|Course Name||Administrative Fee||Course Fee|
|B.Sc Nursing & Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing)||Rs.750||Rs.500|
|Post Basic Diploma (Nursing)||Rs.400||Rs.350|
Mode of Payment: The Application Fee has been paid by the candidates through online mode. Candidatescan pay the fee through ICICI Bank Challan method. Also, fee can be paid through DD drawn in favor of CMC Vellore Association A/c’ payable at any bank in Vellore.
Candidates must send the payment proof to the below address:
The Office of Registrar,
CMC, Vellore – 632002.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria of CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 is provided below:
For B.Sc. Nursing:
- Gender: Only female candidates are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed their 12th level examination or equivalent from recognized University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates must have qualified with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (PCBE) subjects.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have qualified with minimum 45% marks for general & 40% marks for reserved category.
- Age Limit: Applying candidate should not more than 30 years of age as on 1st July 2020 & not less than 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020.
For M.Sc. Nursing:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must qualify his/her B.Sc. Nursing/Post basic B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing from any recognized University.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have qualified with minimum 55% marks.
- Medical Standard: Candidates will have to be medically fit & should have medical fitness certificate provided by an authorized medical authority to be eligible.
- Experience: Candidates must have at least 1 year work experience after being registered as midwife & registered nurse under the State Nursing Council.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Admit Card
CMC Vellore Admit card has been released on 12th September 2020 for Group A courses (Except MBBS). Candidates can get their admit card through online mode.
To download the admit card students have to enter their necessary log-in details. Candidates must preserve the print out of the admit card till the complete admission process.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Exam Pattern
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Exam Pattern details can be checked by the candidates below:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through online (computer-based) mode.
- Medium Language: The language medium of the test will be English language only.
- Questions Type: There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) in the paper.
- Time Duration: UG Nursing courses time duration will be 70 minutes. While, for diploma nursing, 90 minutes will be given.
- Total Questions: For UG nursing courses, there will be total of 120 questions in the General Ability and few questions from issues of current topical interest. For Diploma, there will be 90 questions – 25 in PCB subjects each and 15 in general ability.
- Papers: Candidates will be provided two papers – General Paper and Specialty Paper. Either one or both of the papers can be preferred by the students.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Syllabus
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Syllabus comprises of different topics in UG & PG courses.
For B.Sc. Nursing:
The Syllabus will include various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Aptitude Assessment.
For Diploma Nursing:
The Syllabus will include various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Ability. Also the candidates speed & accuracy will be checked. Some questions will be related to Basic Science, General Knowledge, General Ability and Current Awareness.
CMC Vellore 2020 Preparation tips
Candidates can read some preparation tips below to improve their preparation for the exam:
- Check the syllabus & keep in mind about the pattern of exam.
- Make a time-table & strictly follow it.
- Give more time on the weaker sections.
- Make a short note on every topic on daily basis & revise it at the end of the day.
- Practice from sample papers & previous year papers.
- Attempt mock tests to increase speed and accuracy for the test.
If you have any query related to CMC Vellore Nursing 2020, you can ask you query by leaving you comment below.