Delhi University 2023 Counselling, Seat Allocation – Know Here

Delhi University 2023 admission procedureDelhi University 2023 Counselling will be organised from July/ August 2023. Delhi University (DU) offers admission to students in various UG, PG and doctoral courses in different fields. Admissions can be done through entrance exam (CUET) or merit list of the qualifying examination. Here we are providing details about Delhi University (DU) Admission Procedure 2023 including schedule and documents required for verification.

Get latest news & updates about Delhi University 2023 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:

Delhi University (DU) 2023 Admission

The admission process will be started after the release of admission list or cut-off. The university offers admission through merit basis or entrance test.

Students can apply for admission as per their choice of respective courses. DU Counselling process is being organised through offline mode. Students can apply or register by online mode.

It is being organized in various rounds depending upon the availability of seats. Candidates have to go through the GD & PI rounds to get admission.

DU 2023 Cut Off will be released in online mode. Cut-off list for Science, Arts & Commerce & other courses will be released separately. The cut-off are the minimum marks which candidates have to score in the entrance test & qualifying examination.

DU Counselling Schedule 2023

Here we have mentioned the counselling schedule for various courses offered by Delhi University:

CSAS UG Counselling 2023:

EventsDates 2023 (Tentative)
Online CSAS admission form startsJuly/ August 2023
Online CSAS admission form ends
Online CSAS Choice preference starts (Phase 2)
Online CSAS Choice preference ends (Phase 2)
Correction window
CSAS auto locks the preferences
Declaration of simulated list
Preference change window
Release of first CSAS allocation list
Acceptance of allotted seats
College to verify and approve the online applications
Last date of online payment of admission fee by candidates
Display of vacant seats
Window to re-order higher preferences
Release of 2nd CSAS allocation list
Acceptance of allotted seats
College to verify and approve the online applications
Last date of online payment of admission fee by candidates
Display of vacant seats
Mid entry, Window to re-order higher preferences
Release of 3rd CSAS allocation list
Acceptance of allotted seats
College to verify and approve the online applications
Last date of online payment of admission fee by candidates
Display of first spot allocation round vacant seats
Candidates to apply for spot round allocation
Release of first spot allocation list
Acceptance of allotted seats
College to verify and approve the online applications
Last date of online payment of admission fee by candidates
Display of 2nd spot allocation round vacant seats
Candidates to apply for spot round II allocation
Release of spot round II allocation list
Acceptance of allotted seats
College to verify and approve the online applications
Last date of online payment of admission fee by candidates
Vacant seats for special spot admission round
Candidates to apply for special spot admission round
Release of allocated list
Candidates to accept the allocated seat
Special Spot Admission Round II
Release of vacant seats for special spot allocation round II
Candidates to apply for special spot allocation round- II
Declaration of allocations on dashboard of candidates
Candidates to accept the allocated seat
Colleges to process the applications
Last date for online payment of fee by the candidates

DUET PG Programmes:

EventsDates 2023 (Tentative)
Result for PGJuly/ August 2023
Display of first admission list
Candidates to apply
Colleges /departments to verify and approve admissions of candidates who applied against 1st merit list
Payment against 1st merit list
Display of 2nd admission list
Candidates to apply
Colleges /departments to verify and approve admissions of candidates who applied against 2nd merit list
Payment against 2nd merit list
Display of 3rd admission list
Candidates to apply
Colleges /departments to verify and approve admissions of candidates who applied against 3rd merit list
Payment against 3rd merit list
Display of 4th admission list
Candidates to apply
Department/ College to verify and approve admission of candidate who applied against 4th spot admission list
Payment against 4th admission list
Display of 5th Admission list
Candidates to Apply
Department/ College to verify and approve admission of candidate who applied against 5th spot admission list
Payment against 5th admission list

DU 2023 Result

DU Admission Procedure

DU admission process is different for entrance & merit based courses. The detailed counselling process will be as mentioned below:

Admission Process for UG (Merit based) Courses:

• Firstly, candidates have to register for admission. The applications can be filled through online process.
  • A cut-off list is published after the registration process. Candidates can check the cut-off through the centralized admission web portal.
  • Candidates who score marks under the prescribed cut-off should login through their registered account.
  • Select the preferences and generate the admission form.
  • Candidates have to bring the admission form along with the required documents to the respective college.
  • The respective college verify the documents and approve the admission on the UG admission portal.
  • After the approval of admission, candidates have to login again and make the online admission fee payment to confirm their admission.

Admission Process for UG & PG (Entrance based) Courses:

• After the result announcement, admission (merit) list is published through online mode.
  • The allotment of seats in admission list is done as per the rank and availability of seats in colleges.
  • Candidates who have allotted seats through the admission list will be required to take printout of the admission form.
  • Candidates should report to the allotted college with the required documents for verification process.
  • After the verification process, admission can be approved by the respective college.
  • After that, candidates have to pay the admission fee through the online admission portal.
  • Candidates who do not report to the allotted college on the prescribed timing they can not be considered for further admission rounds.

Documents Required for Counselling

Candidates have to bring the required documents at the time of admission. Candidates must carry their original documents along with their photocopies. Here we have listed the documents required for verification process:

• 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate
  • 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate
  • Graduation mark sheet & other certificates (for PG courses)
  • Recent character certificate
  • Transfer certificate
  • Category certificate (if applicable)
  • Passport size self attested photographs, etc.

If you have any other queries about Delhi University (DU) 2023 Admission Procedure, you may leave your queries below.

1. Ayesha says:

Sir
    I need admission in BUMS from DU Delhi quota but there is no information regarding the counselling form . Can you please inform me .

2. Rakhi says:

Sir I need to admission but I loss my last date of admission please help me

3. Rajanjeet Kaur says:

My daughter submitted firm for BALLB, but no name shown in 3rd cut off list, I want her admission, what shall I do for her admission, please suggest

4. Y.Akhila says:

i got 119/400 in cuet pg i have applied for Hyderabadcentraluniversity butbi didn’t get admission for which universities can i apply

5. Vikash saini says:

Sir pls muje se counseling hi nhi hi ri hai

6. कृष्ण कान्त मीना says:

क्या मैं अब काउंसलिंग करा सकता हूं

7. Sakshi says:

Can I apply for du counselling now ?I had given the cuet exam but didn’t apply for counselling .so, Can I do it now ?…it’s urgent pls reply

8. Tripti says:

query-iam one of the aspiring aspirants of DU and had applied for CUET -2022, I had opted for 1 language and 3domains but the issueis that in those 3 domain one of the domain( physical education) was not opted by me in class 12. Am I still eligible for DU and will it be considered while calculating Merit. And if not what’s s the solution, earlier we were unaware about this eligiblity criteria.

9. Khushi Kunwar says:

I have given exam of cuet but there was an issue related to exam. I have selected only 2 domin instead of 3 . Now I want to know that if I am eligible or not. And if not then should I take admission through merit basis or there is any other solution ?

10. Anu says:

Can I opt for another program after cuet or during counseling registration??

11. Pranjal says:

Can I get admission in DU on the basis of my 12th percentage?I scored 92.4% marks in 12th non- medical with Rajasthan board .And now I want to do B.A.

12. Arshia Patel says:

Greetings
    Would the University take a student in if the student has passed the school in abroad?

13. Chankit says:

Sir is there is good marks for computer science engineering or entrance is compulsory for admission in du

14. Muskan says:

I want to know whether cucet is required for bcom hons course

15. Agamjot says:

Hi,I am actually scoring less in 10 std,but surely I will score great in 12 humanities will 10 marks effect my admission in du ?

16. Priya says:

Hello sir,sir mujhe du mein ma hindi hons karna hain toh mera admission hoga ya nahi delhi university mein merit based per,meri percentage 67% hain aur mein obc category se hu toh aap khuch idea de sakte hain

17. Sara siddiqui says:

Sir. Meri fee submit ho chuki hae ab mujhe kya krna hae college ki side koi gmil bhi nhi aya hae meri mail pr abhi tk mera college hae Bhagini nivedita

18. Tannu says:

I want to know that is there physical counselling for bsc maths if yes so how i am fill form and take part in this counselling if i am take admission in cutt off list then can i take admission in physical counselling after cancel the admission

19. Adarsh says:

I’m already take admission on merit based. But on entrence exam I also get good rank so can I attend counseling without cancel admission? Or after after confirmation can cancel admission of merit base??

20. Divyan says:

Which college is better for BCom Hons Kirorimal or Ramjas

21. Nithish says:

How can i get the UG admission in DU with merit based

22. Anushka chandra says:

For merit based admission can i send my documents online? If yes then please send me the contact number and email id

23. saroj kumar rai says:

Want to know what is starting date for cut off BA hons in DU and how many cut off will be done in this year 2021?

24. kareena more says:

Maine merit course k liye appy kiya buy form me esa koi option nhi tha jha par hum apna course select kar sake…to mujhe yhi janna h ki aage hume respective course k liye apply krne k liya kya krna hoga

25. Rishikesh says:

Sir I am basically from Bihar and qualifying 12th from state board with 77% in pcm ,can I get admission in delhi university,if I can get.then please tell and which documents required for the admission

26. Mohit says:

2021 admission in du … entrance is there or not… if yes … who will tell the date.. how to apply for that …

27. Abhilasha says:

28. Suryansee parihar says:

Kya du me admission without entrance bhi hota hai result base par 12 ke? Ki kewal ek option hai entrance. Mujhe iske bare me pata ni islie doubt clear kare plz

29. Ayush e says:

I want to attend entrence exam for Delhi University.

30. Ankita says:

I want to apply for postgraduation and i want to know about the entrance exam: the mode, timing, and preparation details. So that i can start preparing.

31. Debapriya says:

First cut off list of du will be released in which month?

32. Shalu Gupta says:

Is it necessary to give Cucet exam for applying in Delhi university for dropper student also.

33. Diya shrimal says:

Is application form 2021 released for Delhi university

34. Aditi kumari says:

Sir/Mam.. how we could apply for the admission for b.com …there is no procedure given for the admission of b.com

35. Tithi says:

Cannot find Delhi University’s form online. Please share link or other modes.

link will be made available in our article after the commencement of registration process, so please wait patently and keep checking our articles for further updates.

36. Zinia Debbarma says:

Due to lockdown i couldn’t appear my entrance exam as it was held out of my state and my 6th semester result is not given yet.please help me what can i do now

37. Veena meena says:

Sir mere documents update nhi ho rhe hai. Final ki marksheet bhi update nhi ho rhi.

38. Maneesh Yadav says:

Sir how to check du bed entrance result 2020 date is showing here 26th of October. But I can’t check yet.

39. Deepti says:

After paying fees for DU admission when do we get confirmation of admission

40. Kajal Tiwari says:

Sir scorecard dekhne per sirf marks show Kar Raha hai rank Nahi to MERI counseling kab hai ye kaise pata kare ya for kitne rank tak Hoga cutoff kitna hai

41. sachin says:

sir mai phli cutoff me admission nhi le pya tha mera nam aa gya tha ky mai doosri cutoff me usi college me admission le sakta hu

42. Varun says:

Last year I got admission in du sol though I haven’t submitted any assignments but I wanted to withdraw but was unable due to covid can I apply for regular this year.

43. Bhanu pratap singh says:

if i am not participate in DU first merit counselling than i am eligible in DU 2nd merit counselling

44. Mansi says:

Sir, admission procedure ki timing kb se start hai for 1st cutt off?

45. Punit says:

Sir.. Do admit card is required at the time councelling process.. because that got disappear somewhere..

46. Ritesh says:

Sir I have uploaded state caste certificate instead of central caste certificate ,can I change state to central on admission time in du collage

47. Yogita Navariya says:

I have not filled the online form so now can I get admission in du??

48. Rakesh says:

Sir iam st category mera marks 95% I have any chance to getting seat in St. Stefence or Hindu college

49. Suryaprakash says:

I have writen entrace for BA (Humanities n social science) yestrday .sir please can you say me how many seats are available in BA(Humanities n social science).

50. Palak shukla says:

What is the datesheet for PG entrance of M.Com and B.ED, 2020

51. Ajeet singh says:

Sir mera questions ye hai kii iss bar du ke ba ka exam online hai ya offline honge exam

52. Anshika says:

My best four percentage is 93 from PCM with CS.Can I apply for adm in BA (hons)?

53. Arjun sinhmar says:

Sir currently I am student in gurgaon’school in 12th class. What if I drop my school right now to take admission in Delhi’s school so as to be Delhi’s student for having an advantage in delhi university admissions. Is it applicable this way. And is there any 80 percent quota for Delhi students ??

Admission in DU in various courses is provided through merit scores obtained in the 12th level or through qualifying the entrance exam conducted by the university.