Delhi University (DU) 2019 Admission Procedure (Started) – DU Counselling
Delhi University 2019 Admission List has been released. Delhi University counselling is organized through offline mode. Delhi University (DU) offers admission to students in various UG, PG and doctoral courses in different fields. Admissions is done through entrance exam (organized by the university) or merit list of the qualifying examination. Here we are providing details about Delhi University (DU) Admission Procedure 2019 including schedule and documents required for verification.
Delhi University (DU) 2019 Admission Procedure – Admission List Released
Delhi University 2019 Fourth Admission List for PG courses has been released. Click here to view list.
Delhi University 2019 Second Admission List for BMS, BBA & other courses has been released. Click here to view list.
Delhi University 2019 Third Admission List for UG courses and Second Admission List for PG courses has been released.
Click here to view UG admission list.
Click here to view PG admission list.
The admission process has been started after the release of admission list or cut-off. The university offer admission through merit basis or entrance test.
Students can apply for admission as per their choice of respective courses. DU Counselling process is organized through offline mode.
It is organized in various rounds depending upon the availability of seats. Candidates also have to go through the GD & PI rounds to get admission.
DU 2019 Cut-Off has been released on 28th June 2019. A separate cut-off list for Science, Arts & Commerce & other courses is released. The cut-off is the minimum marks which candidates have to score in the entrance test & qualifying examination.
DU Counselling Schedule 2019
Here we have mentioned the counselling schedule for various courses offered by Delhi University:
Schedule for PG Programmes:
|Notification of First Admission List||24th July 2019|
|Document verification and approval of admission||24th – 26th July 2019|
|2nd admission list release||29th July 2019|
|Document verification and approval of admission||29th – 31st July 2019|
|3rd admission list release||3rd August 2019|
|Document verification and approval of admission||3rd, 5th & 6th August 2019|
|Notification of Fourth Admission List||August 2019|
|Document verification in department||August 2019|
|Notification of Fifth Admission List||August 2019|
|Document verification in the Department||4th week of August 2019|
|Approval of admission in the College||4th week of August 2019|
Schedule for UG Merit Based Programmes:
|Starting of online registration||30th May 2019|
|Last date for registration||22nd June 2019|
|First cut off release||28th June 2019|
|Document verification and approval of admission||28th June to 1st August 2019|
|Second cut off release||4th July 2019|
|Document verification and approval of admission||4th July – 6th July 2019|
|Third cut off release||9th July 2019|
|Document verification and approval of admission||9th July – 11th July 2019|
|Fourth cut off release||15th July 2019|
|Document verification and approval of admission||15th – 17th July 2019|
|Fifth cut off release||20th July 2019|
|Document verification and approval of admission||20th – 23rd July 2019|
Schedule for UG Entrance Based Programmes:
|Online registration starts||30th May 2019|
|Online registration ends||22nd June 2019|
|Release of admit card||30th June 2019|
|Exam date||3rd – 8th July 2019|
|Answer key release||13th July 2019|
|Declaration of result||15th July 2019|
|Declaration of First Allotment List||21st July 2019|
|Online application for admission & fee payment||22nd July 2019|
|Closing for Online application for admission||23rd July 2019|
|Closing of online fee payment||24th July 2019|
|Declaration of Second Allotment List||25th July 2019|
|Online application for admission & fee payment||26th July 2019|
|Closing for Online application for admission||27th July 2019|
|Closing of online fee payment||28th July 2019|
|Declaration of Third Allotment List||29th July 2019|
|Online application for admission & fee payment||30th July 2019|
|Closing for Online application for admission||31st July 2019|
|Closing of fee payment||1st August 2019|
DU Admission Procedure
DU admission process is different for entrance & merit based courses. The detailed counselling process is mentioned below:
Admission Process for UG (Merit based) Courses:
- Firstly, candidates have to register for admission. The applications can be filled through online process.
- A cut-off list is published after the registration process. Candidates can check the cut-off through the centralized admission web portal.
- Candidates who score marks under the prescribed cut-off should login through their registered account.
- Select the preferences and generate the admission form.
- Candidates have to bring the admission form along with the required documents to the respective college.
- The respective college will verify the documents and approve the admission on the UG admission portal.
- After the approval of admission, candidates have to login again and make the online admission fee payment to confirm their admission.
Admission Process for UG & PG (Entrance based) Courses:
- After the result announcement, admission (merit) list has been published through online mode.
- The allotment of seats in admission list is done as per the rank and availability of seats in colleges.
- Candidates who will allot seats through the admission list are required to take printout of the admission form.
- Candidates should report to the allotted college with the required documents for verification process.
- After the verification process, admission will be approved by the respective college.
- After that, candidates have to pay the admission fee through the online admission portal.
- Candidates who do not report to the allotted college on the prescribed timing they will not be considered for further admission rounds.
Documents Required for Counselling
Candidates have to bring the required documents at the time of admission. Candidates must carry their original documents along with their photocopies. Here we have listed the documents required for verification process:
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- Graduation mark sheet & other certificates (for PG courses)
- Recent character certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Passport size self attested photographs
If you have any other queries about Delhi University (DU) 2019 Admission Procedure, you may leave your queries below.