HPCET 2024: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
HPCET 2024 Exam will be conducted in the second week of May 2024. HPCET (Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam which is conducted each year. Himachal Pradesh Technical University is the conducting authority of this entrance test. Through this exam, candidates can get admission into various Undergraduate & Postgraduate courses. Admission is offered in the different fields i.e. engineering, management, medical etc. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this examination. Through this article, we have provided all the details about HPCET 2024 exam including exam dates, application form, eligibility, pattern etc.
HPCET 2024 Overview
|Name of the Exam||HPCET 2024|
|Full Form||Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Himachal Pradesh Technical University|
|Level of Exam||State Entrance Test|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode|
HPCET 2024 Exam Dates
Check the tentative HPCET 2024 Exam Dates in the table below:
|Application form release||4th week of March 2024|
|Last date to apply||Last week of April 2024|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of May 2024|
|HPCET exam date||2nd week of May 2024|
|Answer key release||2nd week of May 2024|
|Announcement of result||Last week of May 2024|
|Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2024|
HPCET 2024 Application Form
Candidates must go through the given details to know about HPCET 2024 Application Form:
- Application form will be made available through online mode only.
- Candidates must fill HPCET 2024 registration form from fourth week of March 2024.
- Candidates are advised to fill application form in all respect carefully to avoid the mistakes.
- Fill details i.e. personal, academic, communicational, category, course etc. in the application form.
- Upload all necessary documents including scanned image of photograph and signature in the specific format.
- Incomplete or incorrect application form may lead rejection.
- Aspirants must fill correct details as, no correction facility will be provided later.
- The last date to fill application form will be till last week of April 2024. Any application submitted after the last date will not be received.
- Take printout of the filled registration form and keep it safe for future references.
- Application fee will be submitted through online mode only.
- Online payment will be done via credit card/ debit card or net banking.
- Fee will be non-refundable once submitted.
Check the fee structure for different categories and courses:
|Category||Courses & Application Fee|
|B.Tech/ B.Pharma (Allopath)/ MCA/ MBA||B.Tech & B.Pharma (both), MBA & MBA (T&HM) both|
|General Category||Rs. 1600/-||Rs. 3200/-|
|SC/ ST/ BPL||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 1600/-|
How to Apply for HPCET 2024
- Visit the official website (link will be given above).
- Click on the ‘HPCET 2024 Registration’ link and provide your basic details.
- Note down the system generated user ID and password.
- Now click on ‘Login’ button and enter the registration details.
- Fill application form with details i.e. exam centre, educational details, personal, category etc.
- Upload required documents i.e. photograph, signature and other in JPG/ JPEG format.
- Preview and verify all the details before submitting the form.
- Submit the application fee through online mode.
- Do not forget to take printout of the form for further references.
HPCET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
HPCET Eligibility Criteria for different UG and PG courses are given below that candidates must satisfy before applying:
- Qualifications: Candidates must have passed 10+2 level or its equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Marks Criteria: One should obtained 45% marks (40% marks in case of reserved category) in 12th level.
- Age Limit: There is no prescribed age limit criteria to apply.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass their qualifying exam with subjects i.e. mathematics/ physics/ chemistry/ computer science/ electronics/ information technology/ biology/ technical vocational subjects/ agriculture/ engineering graphics.
- Appearing: 12th appearing candidates will also be eligible to apply.
- Qualifications: Candidates must passed 12th exam or its equivalent exam.
- Marks: Candidates must secure 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category) in their qualifying exam.
- Age Limit: Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December.
- Subjects: In 12th level, it will be mandatory to have physics/ chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of mathematics/ biology.
- Qualifications: Candidates must have BCA/ B.Sc./ B.Tech/ B.E or equivalent degree from a recognised university/ institute.
- Marks: It will be mandatory to obtain minimum 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved category) in qualifying exam.
- Subjects: Candidates must have mathematics at 12th level or graduate level.
- Qualifications: Candidates must be graduated in any stream from a recognised board in order to be eligible for exam.
- Marks: One should obtained minimum of 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved category) in their qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Final year appearing candidates will also be eligible to apply.
HPCET 2024 Exam Pattern
Here, we have provided the HPCET exam pattern with marking scheme:
- Mode of Exam: Examination will be held in offline mode.
- Question Type: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.
- Language: Question paper will be available in English language.
- Number of Questions: There will be total 150 questions in UG paper & 100 questions in PG paper.
- Duration: 3 hours & 15 minutes will be provided for UG & 2 hours will be provided for PG courses.
- Marking Scheme: 4 Marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
Check the section wise exam pattern details for UG courses:
|Subjects||Section||Total Marks||No. of Questions|
|Mathematics OR biology||Section A||80||20|
HPCET 2024 Syllabus
HPCET 2024 syllabus will be released through online mode on the website for UG and PG courses. UG syllabus will be prepared from the subjects i.e. physics, chemistry, mathematics or biology subjects.
PG syllabus will be based on the subjects i.e. verbal reasoning, data interpretation, business awareness, computer awareness, quantitative ability etc.
HPCET Preparation Tips
Aspirants must follow the below provided preparation tips, it will help them to score good in the exam:
- Go through the HPCET exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make a suitable timetable and prepare accordingly.
- Choose a good study material as well ask books.
- Do not get penic, take care of your health first.
- Make short notes and do revision on daily basis.
- Solve previous years question papers and sample papers.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
HPCET 2024 Admit Card
Admit card will be made available through online mode on the website. It will be released in first week of May 2024. Admit card will be the mandatory documents which will be needed on the day of exam for verification. It will contain details i.e. name of the candidate, exam time and date, exam centre, roll number etc.
Candidates must bring HPCET Admit Card at the examination centre with one photo identity proof. Without a valid admit card and ID proof, candidates will not be able to appear in the exam.
HPCET 2024 Answer Key
HPCET 2024 answer key will be released few days after the conduct of exam. It will be made available in the PDF format for different sets and subjects. Answer key will be released in the second week of May 2024 through online mode. With the help of answer key, candidates can get an estimate idea about their marks.
University will also provide the objection facility for the candidates those have any objections against the answer key. Candidates will need to pay required fee for making objections.
HPCET 2024 Result
Authority will declare the HPCET 2024 Result through online mode. It will be declared in last week of May 2024. Candidates must check their result using login details i.e. application number or date of birth. Result will be prepared by the authority based on the final answer key.
Merit list will also be released by the authority along with the result for all courses. In case of any discrepancy in result, candidates can contact to the authorities. Candidates are advised to keep result safe as it will be needed at the time of counselling.
HPCET 2024 Counselling
HPCET 2024 Counselling will be started from second week of June 2024. It will be compulsory for the qualified candidates to participate in the counselling procedure. Counselling will be organized through online mode. Counselling procedure will be completed in the various steps i.e. online registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification and reporting.
Seats will be alloted to the candidates as per the marks obtained by them in entrance and the filled choices. Candidates those alloted the seats will need to report at the university for completing further document verification & fee payment process.
Below we have given the list of important documents which will be needed for verification:
- Class 10th & 12th mark sheets & certificates
- Graduation mark sheets
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate (for reserved category only)
- Migration certificate
- HPCET admit card & result
- HPCET allotment letter
- Passport size photographs etc.
If candidates have any other query related to the HPCET 2024 exam, then they can feel free to ask their queries in the comment section below.