JEE Main Correction 2019, Application Correction, Dates & Procedure

NTA 2019JEE Main 2019 Application Correction will be started from 8th October 2018. JEE Main exam is a national level examination which is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is held for admission in undergraduate engineering courses in IITs, NITs, and IIITs. The exam is be conducted in two modes online which is computer based. Candidates should know that what entries can be modified and what is restricted for any modification. In this article, we are discussing JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction Detail.

JEE Main 2019 Application Form – Released

newiconJEE Main 2019 Application Form for Jan 2019 exam has been released from 1st September 2018.

newiconCandidates can check the steps of how to fill JEE Main 2019 Application Form to avoid any mistake at the time of filling application form. Click here to check steps to fill application form.

Get latest news & updates about JEE Main 2019 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:

JEE Main Application Form 2019

JEE Main 2019 application form has been released from 1st September 2018. The last date to fill the application will be 30th September 2018. Candidates should fill the form correctly and completely.

Incomplete information in the application form will lead to disqualification of the candidate. The candidates have to fill the application form through online mode only. The authority will provide the facility of JEE Main application correction in some particulars.

JEE Main Correction 2019

JEE Mains Correction in the application form is the one time opportunity to edit application form. There is an option for one time correction of personal particulars of candidates. JEE Main application form correction 2019 window will be opened from 8th – 14th October 2018.

JEE Main 2019 Correction can be done only if the candidates have paid the fee and completed all the steps of online application form of JEE Main. The candidates can modify all the particulars (including images of the photo, thumb impression, and signature) of his/her application form.

JEE Main Correction Fee Payment

The balance fee, if any due to correction in particulars, will have to be paid by the candidates during that period. In case of fee payment, any changes done in the application will be updated after the successful payment. No change will be allowed to switch from CBT to pen paper exam.

Note: The change of mode from computer based to pen & paper based will not be allowed. Modification in the city for examination will be allowed. The additional amount (if applicable) should be paid by the candidates through credit/debit card/e-wallet (SBI buddy/Paytm) or e-challan in the Canara/ICICI/HDFC/Syndicate Bank during the correction period. Since, it is the one-time facility, extended to the candidates to avoid any hardship to them; therefore, the candidates are informed to do the correction very carefully because no further chance of correction will be given to the candidates for whatsoever reason.

How to Correct Application Form

The candidates should follow the following steps for JEE Main Correction 2019 in application form:

• Go to the official site. (link will be given above)
  • Log in with your application number and password.
  • After login, the details filled in the form are displayed.
  • At the end of the page, a link with Edit Application Form is displayed.
  • Go through the form carefully.
  • Once you finish editing check and recheck all the details.
  • Submit only when you are satisfied that form is now correctly filled.
  • When the form is submitted after correction, take a print out of JEE Main 2019 application form correction slip and keep it safe.

FAQs (Most Asked Questions)

Here, we are mentioning the common FAQs regarding JEE Main 2019 corrections in online application form:

Answer: Candidates will have an opportunity to change the mode of examination from pen & paper examination to computer-based examination but vice-versa is not allowed.
Answer: It is not the compulsion to appear both the paper. Candidate can opt any of the paper of his/her choice but application fee will not be refunded.
Answer: Such candidates are required to do the correction in application form. In Computer Based examination, candidates can choose the medium during the examination.
Answer: In this case only one admit card will be issued to the candidate. Candidates are required to send an e-mail to [email protected] mentioning both the application numbers and specifying clearly the application number which they want to be considered.
Answer:The question paper will be bilingual (both in Hindi/English and Gujarati/English) for the candidates who have opted Hindi/Gujarati medium. The candidate can attempt question in any medium during examination.
Answer: Candidates can modify the particulars such as city of examination, paper-1 to paper-2 and vice-versa  or select both papers the of his/her application form. The balance fee (if any) will be charged during that correction period.
Answer: It is not necessary to enter the roll number, if roll number is provided then fill it other leave it empty.

JEE Main 2019 Image Correction

The board will be provided the facility to make correction in the uploaded images. Correction in images will be started in the month of September 2018. Those students who have uploaded wrong images can correct their images during the correction period. Below we have mentioned the procedure to make correction in the uploaded images:

• Click on the official website link.
  • A login page will be opened on the screen.
  • Fill all the required details like Application Number, Password and security code.
  • Click on the “Login” button.
  • Select the images with correct specifications and upload them.
  • Take a printout of the corrected application for further use.

If you have any doubt regarding JEE Main Correction 2019,  you can ask your query in the comment box given below.

Displaying 3,465 Comments
  1. suyeb khan says:

Sir can i change my date of birth

2. suyeb khan says:

Sir can i corretion in my date of birth sir pls reply

3. Dakhineswar says:

I have submitted two online form by mistakely, Sir Can I appear JEE main entrance 2016.

4. PALAVALASA VAMSI KRISHNA says:

what is the date for correction of personal details like Father’s name and parent particulars in the application of jee main 2016? please give answer.

5. Aparna says:

I am kerala state syllabus student. I had filled the column “name of qualifying exam passed or appearing” as intermediate or two year pre-university examination conducted by a recognized board or university
    could you please tell me, that is it correct or wrong

6. Pavan kumar says:

I have done spelling mistake in typing my father’s name. I have registered and paid money. Will I get opportunity to correct it

7. Satheesh says:

Dear sir,

I have filled the JEE MAIN-2016 application for my daughter. When I received the Acknowledgement, I noticed her school name (Indian school,Kuwait) not mentioned on the form and also, cant find a space for it on the form.
    Is this normal or do I need to correct it?
    Kindly reply.

best regards

8. karthik reddy says:

sir ive uploaded signature instead of thumbimpression and thumb impression instead of signature will i get an oppurtunity to change them?

9. manisha panda says:

I hv not attach my signature in photograph ,and also submittedthe application form ,what to do pls help,

10. Mohit says:

I have filled wrong category in my application form. I have filled General instead of OBC. Will I be able to correct it in the correction period?

11. Diwakar says:

helo sir in jee main 2016 mere papa ke name me ‘yadav’ ke jgah ‘yaddav’ likha gya h ise koi problem v hoga sr or hoga to tikh kaise hoga sr plz…

12. kundan kumar says:

hi sir i am not date of exam ente this application halp me

13. rishabh says:

sir at the time of editing in jan can we change the school name of class 12

14. gajendra Singh says:

Sir i am giving the improvement exam and I confused about which year will fill in application form.please suggest me quickly .

15. Hritik Shubham says:

sir…….plz help me
    i have enterred wrong DOB
    plz….hlp me

16. Shivam Saboo says:

I have mistakely put paper 2 instead of paper 1 so can I change the option in the correction period in January?

17. Rupali says:

I have given my signature instead of thumb impression and in the column of signature I have given the thumb impression and paid my examination fee too…do I need to correct it?

18. Amrendra says:

Sir I m submitted my form bt I ve take mistake in improvement examination no bt I ve give this exam in this year plz help me how to correct this form I ve attempted one time for correct it but nothing happened

19. Bhrugesh says:

Sir,I have applied for jee main 2016 and I entered my wrong e-mail id. so HOW CAN I CORRECT IT?

20. sparsh jain says:

sir I had done a mistake of DOB in application form please send me the detail how to correct it.

21. sparsh jain says:

Kindly mail the details of last date to make corrections in the application

22. Mayur says:

sir,it is compulsory to mention date and name in the photo…..

23. pravallika chekuri says:

sir, can i apply for b.arch during the correction?

24. pushpa says:

Sir jee mains official line is always bussy.
    Sir if I fill the 12 board % and roll no. Also
    improvement on board 12 as YES then it can be fixed later or not ? Sir please tell me. What I do?
    Its have option YES when I put my 12th roll and %.

25. ambika says:

Main is year improvement de raha hun par main application form me year me 2015 bhar diya h.kya main ise correction date me 2016 bhar sakta hun.

26. Asheesh kumar gupta says:

Mera district name wrong edit kiya hai kaise correct hog a plz help me

27. pushpa says:

Sir I m appearing for 12 board improvement but on filling the application form answer of this que -“appearing for improvement class 12/qualifying xam”?
    Is not taken by site. That is YES without filling last year 12 board roll no and %age.
    Sir what can I do ? Plz help me sir.

28. Aditya says:

Kindly mail the details of last date to make corrections in the application

29. Shayan Saha says:

Sir, I’ve first appeared in 10th exam in 2014. But in the form I’ve mistakenly typed 2013. I also want to upload my one new recent photograph. Can I edit this during correction period. Will I get a new acknowledgement page?

30. manish says:

Sir I have submitted for JEE 2016 mains and sir I m also appearing for 12 improvement but in application form I have entered the last year 12th board roll no and percentage .. is it right sir ? ? Or I have to correct it. Plz reply me sir

31. tarun says:

Sir I have submitted for JEE 2016 mains
    Sir by mistake I wrong spell my father mother name and my name .
    Can this problem can be corrected?

32. vineet says:

Sir i have choosed the option of pen and paper for b.tec and b.arc in my form and i want to correct my b.tec exam online sir i have just completed 2 steps my 3 rd step is still left..sir plz hepl me if possible

33. Prakash Agrawal says:

What is the correction date for jee mains 2016 form.
    My mistake was that i had mentioned wrong date in the photograph.
    So,i would able to change it or not?

34. VINOD KUMAR says:

My brother have applied for JEE-2016, fee payment have done through e-challan, whether any confirmation regarding payment(like entry of transaction ID or else) is needed or any further processes are required to do after this, if yes, how can it be completed?…

35. Peeyush says:

Sir, I Applide in Jee main 2016. But the photo I uploaded does not have name and date on photo. It is neccesary to name and date on Photo. Please guide me . I does not submit my e challan. In this case would I submit my e challan? Can I Refill new form yes or not. PLease suggest m. correction in the form is possible or not..

36. Anish says:

Correction in form . Dates for corrections.

37. aakash choubey says:

In the jee form I have uploaded my image without my name so it is possible to change my image containing my name during correction time?

38. prathamesh sarode says:

sir I have filled the central board incorrectly and have submitted the form. what should I do now sir please help!!!!!

39. Ayush Jain says:

While filling form of mains 2016,
    by mistake I chose paper-2 instead of paper-1. I want to give paper 1.
    Please inform me about the procedure to either change the choice or add the choice of paper 1 also.
    Thank you.

40. please clarify says:

you please clarify whether we can change the options of category and income in iit jee correction 2016 form.

with regards,
    k.n.rao

41. yadhu.k.j says:

In IIT entrance exam 2016 I finished step 1 and due to EB connection I am not finished step 2 and step 3. How I can
    go to steps 2 and 3 please answer.

42. Ravindra says:

Please send her mains application correction date

43. Jai Matta says:

Due to server problem my signature came in place provided for thumb impression and the thumb impression came in place provided for signature can I correct it?

44. Jai Matta says:

Due to server problem my signature came in place provided for thumb impression and the thumb impression came in place provided for signature will my form be rejected or I can correct it?

45. manisha fartyal says:

hello sir i’m in 12th standard right now and i have filled jee main 2016 application form but mistakenly i have filled the year of passing class 10th is 2012 instead of 2014 . So sir will you please tell me that it is necessary to correct it or its ok

46. Abinash says:

Plse help
    There is no link of form correction in my application
    Already I submit the chalan
    Plse tell me

47. Vinod G says:

Sir I have chosen the board as case instead of state board can I change it?

48. Aman lohia says:

sir i have submitted the application form and paid the fees also.but by mistake i filled the form of paper2 but i have to give paper1 can this problem can be corrected during correction period..

• Mohit Negi says:

You must contact to the official at the below helpline no.’s

7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399524, 7042399526, 7042399527, 7042399528,7042399529

49. vinay joshi says:

how to check application form status

50. vinay joshi says:

Sir I have submitted jee mains 2016 form but the photo which i have uploaded without name and current date.so is it okay or I have to change it.Can I do it.When And how please guide

51. PRANAV O says:

Sir,instead of scanning the image of left thumb I scanned the image of my right thumb.Is it necessary to change?If so,when?
    Will I have to pay any extra money for the correction?

52. abhinav says:

sir i have made a mistake in writing my address i wrote “B 52” instead of “B 42”. i am being tensed ??? 🙁

53. karthik suresh says:

I have filled the form correctly as per my knowledge. But in case there is any mistake, will JEE MAIN notify me that there is a mistake in so and so column so that i can make the necessary changes.

thanks and regards

54. Alok Vishnu says:

sir i have filled the JEE Main 2016 application form but (Name & address of the school/ college from where passed/appearing) is not mentioned on my Jee main printout acknowledgement page what can i do now??

55. rohini says:

Sir I have mistakenly opted for Paper-2. Now I want to change it to Paper-1. Will it be editable in January correction time ? I also want to know that last year, was this problem resolved after correction time ?

Note: Today JEE has updated their website and FAQ also. It says “The candidates can modify
    all the particulars (including images of photo, thumb impression and signature) of his/her application”. But the language is not clear to me. Do they mean all the particulars means only those given in brackets ? Please help.

Yes, you can modify your application form in the correction period and they have said that the changes can be done in all the particulars also in the uploaded images.

56. Ramesh says:

Hello Sir
    I filled in the column of [Appeared/Appearing for Improvement of Class 12th/Qualifying Exam] : YES instead of NO by mistake because i am not appearing for improvement in Class 12th.So can i correct it at the time of correction. Please help sir by ASAP.

57. chaitanya says:

when will the correction period start?? do we have to pay extra fee for correction or correction slip??

58. Jaya says:

Sir
    We belong to obc category….we have applied for the certificate for the same and yet to get it. I want to know if we can apply in the obc category and later if we don’t get the certificate on time…..can we change to open category during the correction period?
    Plz guide us on this issue.

59. ugesh kumar says:

I have uploaded my thumb impression little bit unclear . Will it be accepted or i need to correct during correction period?
    Also i have typed my school name as it was in my 10th mark sheet where it is in short. But my school entrance will have full name.
    What shall i do? Do i need to correct?

• Hanif Khan says:

If it is seems not OK then you may correct that during the correction period.

• Sucharita Sen says:

Dear Sir,
      This is to bring to your kind information that I have submitted the online application for JEE and have made the payment. But by mistake, I have uploaded scanned image of index finger instead of thumb. Can I correct it ? Will it be possible for me to correct it in the correction period i.e.second half of January as mentioned in your brochure ? Kindly also let me know it is Left thumb impression or right thumb impression in case of girl. Please let me know as early as possible, as otherwise I will have to re fill and submit a fresh online application before 31st.

Thanks & regards
      Sucharita Sen

60. ASHU says:

SIR I HAVE ALSO A BIG PROBLEM
    SIR BY MISTAKE I TICK ON YES ON THAT QUES

ACADEMIC DETAILS

APPEARED/APPEARING FOR IMPROVEMENT OF CLASS 12TH /QUALIFICATION

SIR HOW COULD I CHANGE IT

61. Sharmila says:

Sir, I have submitted the application form without my name and date on photo. Pls suggest me what to do.

62. Piyush rai says:

sir I have accidentally filled the form for both paper 1 and 2 but I have to give only paper 1 can I get a refund during the correction period?

63. Bibhash Bora says:

I have already applied for JEE main 2016. But I uploaded an image having no white background and name and date are not in the photo. So I’m very much confused that my application will be rejected. So please help me.

64. Vikas says:

Sir . jeemains of the course is that i need.
    pleas send me a link to download jeemains subject articals. thanking u.

65. Rahul Sharma says:

Hi
    I have filled the father’s name according to his pan card name which is Ajay Kumar Sharma but the name in high school certificate is AK Sharma..will they accept my application and please let me know whether i will be able to correct this mistake?

You should have to fill the guardian details as specified in the school certificate, you may change it in the correction period.

• Srijayee saha says:

Sir there is a correction period now from 25th January to 3rd February butbi have a problem in writing incorrect fathers name.and the changing of father name field is not coming.sir can I change it…

• Srijayee saha says:

Sir gathers name field is not coming in correction period which is now

66. LOGANATHAN.S says:

I have applied for JEE Main-2016 on 3.12.15. My Application no is 60059253. In this I have mentioned the option of test as pen and paper mode. But I want to edit this as online exam. Is it possible to change the option.
    Thanking you,
    Loganathan.

• Hanif Khan says:

Once you have remit the fee, you can not change the mode of exam.

• Shyam Desai says:

I want to know that can I change my applying
      exam options available are b.tech/B.E AND
      B.ARCH/B.PLANNING. I Complete 2 steps in application form. I fill only B.E./B.Tech. Now I want B.E. And B.Arch Both. What Can I Do For This Problem. How can Change It.
      pls sir tell me

67. PRATIKSHA GUPTA says:

I want to know that can I change my applying exam options available are b.tech/B.E AND B.ARCH/B.PLANNING

68. yogesh soni says:

sir what is the official site apply for jee mains

69. Pushkaraj Dhake says:

I have filled the JEE MAINS 2016 application form. I am giving 12th exam conducted by maharashtra board and I filled name of qualitying examination as: Any public university/school /board examination conducted in India or foreign country considered as equivalent to 10+2 system by AIU

Is it correct? If not, then what is the correct option and how can I rectify it as I have filled the form and made the payment.

70. Nithish says:

Hello sir.I’m studying 12th in tamilnadu state board syllabus can i write JEE test..I m an comp science student…i hav to join engineering.. Help me sir

71. Abhi singh says:

Sir tell me side where i fill form of jee mains