JKCET 2024: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
JKCET 2024 Exam will be conducted in third week of April 2024. The Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is a state-level entrance exam. It is conducted by JKBOPEE (Jammu and Kashmir of Professional Entrance Examination) every year. The exam will be conducted for those candidates who are seeking admission into various UG and Engineering courses offered at various government and private colleges across the country. In the given article below, we have provided the complete details related to JKCET 2024 exam such as application form, eligibility criteria, dates etc.
JKCET 2024 Overview
|Name of the exam||Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
|Type of Exam||Undergraduate|
|Level of exam||State-Level|
|Conducting Body||JKBOPEE (Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Date||In Month of April 2024|
|Duration of exam||3 Hours|
JKCET 2024 Exam Dates
Check the complete tentative dates for the JKCET 2024 examination:
|Application Form availability||February 2024|
|Last Date for registration||1st week of March 2024|
|Admit Card||2nd week of April 2024|
|Date of Exam||3rd week of April 2024|
|Result declaration||2nd week of May 2024|
|Counselling Starts||2nd week of August 2024|
JKCET 2024 Application Form
Following are the complete details regarding the JKCET 2024 application form:
- The JKCET 2024 application form will be released in the month of February 2024.
- The registration for JKCET 2024 will be available through online mode only on the website.
- Candidates are advised to fill all the asked details in the application form carefully as no correction facility will be provided for rectification.
- During the registration process, do provide valid email ID & mobile number for communication purpose.
- After filling the application form, candidate must upload the scanned image of signature, photo and thumb impression in the prescribed format such as JPG/JPEG only.
- Before submitting the application form, candidates must preview the filled details.
- After checking all the details, submit the form and take printout of it for further usage.
- The application fee of JKCET 2024 will be Rs. 1200/-.
- Application fee will be submitted through online and offline mode.
- To submit the fee, candidates will be able to use different online gateways such as credit card, debit card, and net banking.
- Bank challan at any of the branches of HDFC bank or Jammu & Kashmir bank will be used during offline payment.
JKCET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through following JKCET 2024 Eligibility Criteria given below:
- Nationality: An Indian citizen candidates will be eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit prescribed to appear for CET.
- Qualification: Applicants must have passed class 12th or its equivalent from any recognized educational board.
- Qualifying Marks: One must have scored at least of 45% marks in 12th level to apply. 40% marks for SC/ ST/ ALC/ RBA/ IB/ OSC/ PSP categories.
- Subjects: In the qualifying exam, candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Appearing: Those candidates who will be appearing in 12th or equivalent exam in 2024 will be also eligible to apply for admission.
JKCET 2024 Exam Pattern
Candidates must know the complete JKCET 2024 exam pattern in the given section:
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted through offline (pen and paper) mode.
- Medium: The paper will be in English language
- Time Duration: 3 hours will be allotted to the candidates to solve the exam.
- Type of Questions: The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) will be asked.
- Number of Questions: The exam will consist of total 180 questions.
- Distribution of Questions: Each subject will consists of 60 questions in the paper.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect response.
The distribution of questions and marks for JKCET 2024 will be as given below:
JKCET Syllabus 2024
Candidates must check the following table for JKCET 2024 syllabus of each topic:
Syllabus of Mathematics:
|Sets, Relations, and Functions||Limit, Continuity, and Differentiation|
|Complex Number, Linear Inequation, Linear Programming||Integration and Differential Equations|
|Sequence and series, Permutation and combination and Binomial theorem||Straight lines and conic sections|
|Trigonometric and Determinants||Statistics and Probability|
|Matrices and Determinants||Vectors and three-dimensional geometry|
Syllabus of Physics:
|Physical-world and Measurement||The behaviour of Perfect gas and Kinetic theory|
|Kinematics||Oscillations and waves|
|Laws of Motion||Electrostatics|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Current Electricity|
|The motion of the System of particles and rigid body||Magnetic effects of current and magnetism|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual nature of matter and radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Electronic Devices||Communication System|
Syllabus of Chemistry:
|Chemical Arithmetic and Atomic Structure||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Chemical Equilibrium||Chemistry of Representative elements|
|Chemical Kinetics||Transition elements including lanthanides|
|Redox reactions and Electrochemistry||Organic chemistry based on functional group|
|Solid-state and states of matter||Molecules of Life|
Following are the effective tips and tricks for better JKCET exam preparation:
- Check out the complete syllabus and exam pattern.
- Practice sample papers and attempt mock tests.
- Make a proper study routine and follow it on daily basis.
- Solve all the previous year exam paper.
- Make a short notes and revie them regularly.
- Try to prepare from the books recommended by the professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
JKCET 2024 Admit Card
The JKCET 2024 Admit Card will be released in second week of April 2024. It will be released through online mode only. The authority will released the hall ticket only for registered candidates. Candidates must also check & follow exam instructions mentioned in your admit card.
The admit card will be an important document for the candidates to appear for the exam. It will consist of details such as applicants name, roll number, photograph, signature, exam date, exam time, exam name and other exam related instructions.
JKCET 2024 Answer Key
The authority will released the JKCET 2024 Answer Key through online mode on the website. It will be released after a week of completion of the entrance exam. Appeared candidates will be able to download the answer key from the website of exam conducting authority.
Candidates will also be able to calculate their probable scores with the help of the answer key. Applicants will have to use their login credentials such as application number and password to download it.
JKCET 2024 Result
The candidates will be able to check and download their JKCET 2024 Result via online mode. The board will release the result in second week of May 2024. The appeared candidates will be able to download the result from the website.
Candidates will be required to use their allotted details such as registration number and date of birth to download the result. Candidates are advised to keep the hardcopy safe as the authority will not provide it.
JKCET 2024 Merit List
The JKCET 2024 merit list will be prepared by the authority on the basis of the candidates performance in the exam. The merit list for the same will consist of the name of the nominated candidates who have secured higher ranks in the examination.
The authority will shortlist the candidates to provide the admission located in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. It will be published through online mode on the website.
JKCET 2024 Seat Reservation Criteria
Candidates will be able to get the complete details about the seat reservation criteria of JKCET 2024 as decided by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Exam.
- 50% is the reservation for the General (GEN) category.
- 25% for Other Backward class (OBC)
- 8% for Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 11% for Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- 3% for Children of Defence Personnel
- 2% for Sports Quota
JKCET 2024 Counselling
The JKCET 2024 Counselling Schedule will be released through online mode in the form of pdf. Qualified candidates will get a call for the counselling procedure on the basis of the merit list. Selected one’s will get the counselling letter through online mode. It will be mandatory to participate in the counselling session for such candidates.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to carry the original certificate and the counselling fee of Rs 500/-. As per the counselling process, candidates will have to choose the colleges as well as the course as per their choices.
Candidates must carry the following documents for the document verification rounds:
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- JKCET Admit Card
- JKCET Result
- Photo ID Proof, etc
JKCET 2024 List of Participating Institutes
- Government College of Engineering and Technology, Chak Bhalwal Jammu
- Government College of Engineering and Technology, Ganderbal, Kashmir
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jangalote, Kathua
- Model Institute of Engineering and Technology, (MIET), Kotbhalwal, Jammu
- MBS College of Engineering and Technology, Babliana, Jammu
- SSM College of Engineering, Pattan, Baramulla, Kashmir
- Yogananda College of Engineering and Technology, Patoli, Jammu
- Bhargava College of Engineering and Technology, Supwal (Samba)
Candidates can ask their query related to JKCET 2024 entrance exam below in the comment section.