KVPY 2021 Eligibility, Criteria for Stream SA, SX, SB – Check Here
KVPY 2021 Eligibility will comprise of minimum qualification requirements, age criteria, etc. KVPY generally known as Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national level fellowship/scholarship programme. This programme was started by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India in the year of 1999. It is managed by the Indian Institute of Science, Banglore. KVPY is conducted to provide fellowship and contingency grant to the pre-Ph.D. level for the selected students. Here, we are providing the detailed information about KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2021.
KVPY Eligibility 2021
Candidates will be able to appear for the aptitude test if they meet the given KVPY eligibility criteria according to the Stream. Before filling KVPY 2021 Application Form, candidates must meet the given eligibility criteria.
- Only Indian candidates will be eligible to apply for the KVPY Fellowship programme.
For Stream SA:
- Those candidates studied in XI Standard (Science Subjects) in the academic year of 2021-2022 will be able to apply for this test.
- Candidates will have to score at least 80% marks (70% marks in case of the SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science & Mathematics subjects in Class X.
- Candidates will have to secure minimum 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science Subjects in XII Standard Board Examination.
- Selected students fellowship will be activated only when they join an UG programme in Basic Science (B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS) in the academic year 2021-2022.
- Candidates who have passed 10th class and appearing in 11th class will be also eligible to appear in exam.
- Candidates must have to produce study certificate of class 11th once they gets selected as a provisional KVPY fellow.
For Stream SX:
- Candidates studied in XII Standard (Science Subjects) in the academic year of 2021-2022 will be also eligible to appear.
- Candidates will have to obtain minimum 80% marks for Gen category & 70% marks for SC/ST/PWD category in aggregate in Science & Mathematics subjects in High School Examination.
- Candidates will have to score at least 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science Subjects in XII Standard.
- Students can join the undergraduate programme in Basic Science (B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS) in the academic year 2021-2022.
For Stream SB:
- Those candidates studied in 1st year of UG course in Basic Science such as Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics and Biology leading to B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS in the academic year of 2021-2022 can appear for this exam.
- Candidates will have to secure at least 60% marks in case of GEN category & 50% marks in case of SC/ST/PWD category in aggregate in Science subjects in Intermediate Board Examination.
- Candidates will have to obtain 60% marks (50% Marks for SC/ST/PWD category) in the 1st year final examination of B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
- Candidates who have passed 12th and are eligible to enroll in the first year can also appear in the examination.
- Candidates must have to produce study certificate of 1st year once they are selected as a provisional KVPY fellow.
KVPY 2021 Application Form
Candidates must check details about KVPY 2021 application form from below:
- Application form has been released on 12th July 2021.
- Candidates are able to fill their application form through online mode.
- Candidates must fill details carefully in the application form including education, personal, communication etc.
- Upload required documents i.e. photo, signature and other documents in the prescribed format.
- Candidates are able to fill their application form till 6th September 2021.
- Take printout of the filled application form and keep it safe for other procedures.
Application fee can be paid through online mode only using debit card/ credit card or net banking. Any other mode is not be entertained. Application fee is Rs. 1250/- for general category and for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidate fee will be Rs. 625/-.
If you have any doubt about KVPY Eligibility 2021, you can drop your comments in the comment box.