LPU NEST 2020: Application (Started), Admit Card, Dates, Admission
LPU NEST 2020 Application Form has been started for Phase – II exam. Slot booking for B.Tech has been started. The exam date has been released for LPU NEST May & June session exam. The exam will be organised from till 7th June 2020 for Phase I & till 30th June 2020 for Phase II. It is conducted by Lovely Professional University (LPU). LPU is a private university located in the Jalandhar, Punjab. The university conducts its university level entrance exam known as LPU NEST. This test is held every year across the country and is attempted by more than 3 lakhs aspirants. Admission is provided in total 14 disciplines in the field of Engineering. The entrance test is held twice in a year in the months of January and April. Candidates can read the full article to know various details about LPU NEST 2020 application, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card etc.
LPU NEST 2020 Notifications – Application Started (Phase -II)
LPU NEST 2020 Application Form has been started for Phase -II (June session exam). Check here for application details.
LPU NEST 2020 Slot booking (Phase -II) for B.Tech has been started. For Phase -I it can be done till 3rd June 2020 . Check here for slot booking details.
LPU NEST 2020 Exam Dates have been released for B.Tech (May & June session). The exam will be organised from till 7th June 2020 for Phase I & till 30th June 2020 for Phase II.
LPU NEST 2020 Result has been released on 31st January 2020 for Schedule-I through login. Check here for result details.
LPU NEST 2020 Important Dates
Below we have provided the revised schedule for B.Tech/ MBA and other courses for LPU NEST 2020 admission:
Regular Counselling Schedule (B.Tech):
Go through the B.Tech admission schedule (May & June session) given below for LPU NEST 2020 admission. This schedule is for students who were unable to participate in the special schedule of counselling:
|Events||Phase-I (May session)||Phase-II (June session)|
|Online Registration||Till 1st June 2020||From 2nd June 2020|
|Last date of Admission||1st June 2020||30th June 2020|
|Slot booking for online exam||Till 3rd June 2020||Started (Students can opt for LPU NEST exam slot within 5-15 days from date of filling the application form)|
|Dates of Entrance Examination||Till 7th June 2020||till 30th June 2020|
|Result||Will be announced 4 days after the conduct of the exam||Within 4 days after conduct of exam|
|Events||Schedule-I (Over)||Schedule-II (Ongoing)|
|Online Registration Starts on||14th September 2019||16th January 2020|
|Slot Booking for Online Examination||1st December 2019||1st March 2020|
|Last date of submission of Application for||15th January 2020||1st june 2020|
|Dates of Entrance Examination||10th – 25th January 2020||NA|
|Display of Result||31st January 2020||NA|
|Interview Scheduling/ Slot booking||31st January – 4th February 2020||from 22nd April 2020|
(Students can choose the interview slot within 2-8 days from the date of filling application form)
|Interview Starts||5th – 10th February 2020||from 26th April 2020|
|Result of Interview||14th February 2020||Within 4 days from appearing for interview|
|Date of Admission||Till 30th April 2020||Within 7 days after announcement of interview result|
Schedule for Ph.D (Autumn Term):
|Particulars||Schedule I||Schedule II|
|Online Registration Starts on||5th February 2020||20th May 2020|
|Slot Booking for Exam||15th April 2020 onwards||25th May 2020 onwards|
|Last date of Registration||19th May 2020||24th June 2020|
|Dates of Entrance Test||22nd & 24th May 2020||26th & 28th June 2020|
|Result of LPUNEST (Ph.D.)||2nd June 2020||7th July 2020|
|Polling for Interview Slot||2nd – 6th June 2020||7th – 12th July 2020|
|Interview schedule||11th to 16th June 2020||18th to 23rd July 2020|
|Result of Interview||22nd June 2020||1st August 2020|
|Last Date of Admission||10th July 2020||7th August 2020|
Note: For the programmes which are not mentioned above, students can apply directly for admission (if satisfying eligibility criteria).
LPU NEST 2020 Slot Booking
The slot booking of LPU NEST 2020 has been started for Phase II. The slot booking of LPU NEST 2020 for Phase I can be done till 3rd June 2020.
Candidates are required to select examination time and date. The slot will be allotted in first come first serve basis.
It is necessary for the candidates to complete the slot booking process to generate their admit card. The university reserves the right to book slot as per availability of the test centers.
LPU NEST 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below details of LPU NEST 2020 Application below:
- The Application form for LPU NEST 2020 for phase I is available from 16th January 2020.
- Last date to apply for LPU NEST application is till 1st June 2020 for Phase I exam.
- Candidates can fill the application form via online or offline mode.
- For offline mode, candidates can obtain LPUNEST Kit from University Campus or any other prescribed place by paying cash.
- Candidates can register themselves on the website through online mode.
- Complete application process will consist of steps – Registration, fill the basic details, uploading of photograph and signature and payment of fee.
- After successful registration, candidates will be able to generate their application number and password for subsequent logins.
- At the time of filling application form candidate need to fill the exam centre preference and book the slot for online exam to get admit card.
For Online Mode:
- Application form and Soft copy of LPUNEST Kit is Rs. 800 (for Boys) and Rs. 500 (for Girls).
- Application form and Printed LPUNEST Kit is Rs. 1000 (for Boys) and Rs. 700 (for Girls).
Note: For online application, the fee can be paid through Online Banking facility through Net banking/ Debit card/ Credit card.
For Offline Mode:
Candidates can also obtain LPUNEST Kit from University Campus or any other prescribed place by paying cash.
- Application form and Printed LPUNEST Kit is Rs. 800 (for Boys) and Rs. 500 (for Girls).
- In case of DD, candidates will have to submit the fee along with photograph, signature & documents to following given address:
Division of Admission,
Lovely Professional University,
Jalandhar- Delhi GT Road (NH-I),
Phagwara, Punjab (India)- 144411.
LPU NEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check complete eligibility criteria of LPU NEST 2020 below before filling the application form:
- Applying Candidates must be citizen of India.
For B.Tech Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed 10+2 level examination or its equivalent examination from recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have obtained 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 level.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed 12th level with Physics, Mathematics and English as the main subjects.
For M.Tech Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed B.E. or B.Tech. or B. Arch. or B.Plan or its equivalent examination from recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have obtained 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
For MBA Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed in Bachelors degree (any discipline) or its equivalent examination from recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have obtained 55% aggregate marks in bachelor’s degree.
- CAT or XAT or MAT or CMAT or NMAT and Interview OR Completed Company Secretary (CS), CA & CMA qualified candidates can also apply.
LPU NEST 2020 Exam Pattern
Check exam pattern and marking scheme of LPU NEST 2020 exam below:
- Exam Mode: The mode of the exam will be online (computer based).
- Time Duration: The total time duration of exam will be 150 minutes.
- Number & Type of Questions: Total of 100 MCQs will be there in the MBA paper and 150 in B.Tech.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for every right answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the paper.
Check distribution of questions and marks for B.Tech and MBA in the below given table:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Applicants can opt for either English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
LPU NEST 2020 Syllabus
Candidate can check syllabus for LPU NEST 2020 by online mode. For UG engineering courses the entrance test syllabus will contain topics studied in the 12th level. For PG engineering courses, the test syllabus will contain topics from graduation level.
For B.Tech, the syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
For MBA, the topics will be from the subjects of General English, General Awareness and General Aptitude.
LPU NEST 2020 Preparation Tips
Check various preparation tips below to score good marks and qualify the test of LPU NEST 2020:
- Start with basic, make sure to clear your basic concepts of various subjects.
- Solve mock test and sample papers regularly for good practice.
- You may also take some help from online lectures and mobile apps for preparation.
- Avoid learning new topics at the last moment.
- Mark the question that you feel important for the exam.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
LPU NEST 2020 Admit Card
LPU NEST 2020 Admit card has been made available from 5th May 2020. Candidates can download admit cards through online mode. The details printed on the admit card will be candidate’s roll number, registration id, exam date, exam time, venue, etc.
It is essential for the candidates to verify all the details on the LPU NEST admit card. If there is any error in the details printed on the admit card, students must contact the concerned officials regarding the problem.
LPU NEST 2020 Result
The Result of LPU NEST 2020 for various programs will be published online in May 2020 for Schedule-II. Candidates will get their LPU NEST result and scorecard by entering their login credentials – Email id and password.
Through scorecard candidate will be able to know the marks obtained, rank and the result status.
Also, the University will publish a rank list, short listing the candidates for counselling process.
LPU NEST 2020 Cut Off
LPU NEST 2020 Cut Off is the minimum marks a candidate must score in the entrance test to be eligible for the admission into the University. Also, the scholarship will be awarded to the students who will score more than or equal to the cutoff marks.
The minimum marks are set by the university based on various factors and reservation criteria. Shortlisted candidates who will reach the cut off marks will be called for counselling process.
LPU NEST 2020 Counselling
After publication of result, the university will start the counselling process. The counselling will be conducted through the online mode in 30th April 2020.
Candidates can participate in the LPU NEST counselling on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination and interview round.
Candidates have to download the counselling letter and attend the allotted counselling venue before the last date. Documents verification and seat allocation will also be done during counselling.
For any other query regarding LPU NEST 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.