MAH MCA CET 2020: Exam Date (Out), Application Form, Exam Pattern
MAH MCA CET 2020 Exam Date has been released. The exam will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. This is a state level entrance test organized every year to offer admission into the first year / second year of three years full time PG course (MCA). Candidates will get admission into various government or non government institutes in the state of Maharashtra. Here we have provided various details about MAH MCA CET 2020 exam including application form, eligibility criteria, exam dates, exam pattern etc.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Notifications – Exam Date Released
MAH MCA CET 2020 Exam Date has been released. The exam will be conducted on 28th March 2020. Check here for other dates.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Exam Dates
Given below we have provided MAH MCA CET Exam dates for various events:
|Application form releases||2nd week of January 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||3rd week of February 2020|
|Admit card release||2nd week of March 2020|
|MAH MCA CET 2020 exam||28th March 2020|
|Declaration of results||2nd week of April 2020|
|Counselling process||June to July 2020|
MAH MCA CET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below various details of MAH MCA CET 2020 Application Form:
- MAH MCA CET 2020 Application Form will be released in the second week of January 2020.
- Candidates are required to apply through online mode. No other mode will be accepted.
- The application forms will be filled till the third week of February 2020.
- Candidates are advised to fill the form carefully & correctly as no changes will be allowed after the final submission of application.
- Candidates will be required to upload photo & signature as per the specifications prescribed.
- Candidates must submit valid/working email-ID & phone no. during registration for the generation of login credentials.
Mode of Payment: The application form fee can be paid through online mode.
The payment can be done through Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking/IMPS/Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
The application form fee for different categories is discussed below:
|General Candidates [including candidates of Maharashtra State & outside Maharashtra States (OMS) and J & K Migrants]||Rs.1000/-|
|Reserved Candidates [SC, ST, VJ/DT-NT (A), NT (B), NT (C), NT (D), OBC, SBC] and also person with disability belonging to Maharashtra State only.||Rs.800/-|
MAH MCA CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check MAH MCA CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria described below to know whether they are eligible to apply:
- Nationality: Applying candidate should be Indian National.
- Qualification: Candidate must have passed Bachelors degree with minimum 3 year duration awarded by University Grant Commission (UGC) or Association of Indian University (AIU) in any discipline.
- Mandatory Subjects: Candidate must have passed 12th level or Graduation Level with Mathematics as one of the subject.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must score minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved category of Maharashtra) candidates in the Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates appearing in final year of qualifying exam will also be able to apply for MAH MCA CET 2020.
- Qualification for Lateral entry: Candidate must pass Bachelor degree in Computer Application or Science [Computer Science or Information Technology (IT)].
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the last year of their graduation degree are also eligible.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Applicants appearing for MAH MCA CET 2020 Exam must check the exam pattern and marking scheme given below:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Language Medium: The entrance exam will be held in English.
- Duration: The exam will be of total 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 200 marks.
- Questions Type: In the paper objective type questions will be asked.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
Candidates can check in the table below no. of questions and maximum marks:
|Section||No. of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics & Statistics||30||60|
|English Comprehension & Verbal Ability||20||40|
MAH MCA CET 2020 Syllabus
The MAH MCA CET 2020 Syllabus will comprise of four sections – Mathematics & Statistics, Logical/Abstract Reasoning, English Comprehension and Computer Concepts.
In Mathematics, students must cover topics from class 10th& 12th like Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry etc.
In Logical Reasoning, the questions will check how quickly & logically candidates can think.
In English Comprehension, the questions will be designed including the topics such as English Grammar, Vocabulary, and Jumbled Paragraph etc.
In Computer Concepts, the questions will be from basic knowledge of Computers, Data Representation, Computer Architecture, Computer Language and Operating System Basics.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through the below given preparation tips to score well in the entrance test and qualify the test:
- Know the exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus of test before starting preparation.
- Practice regularly on the topics which you find difficulty.
- Revision is necessary so candidates must revise each topic at the end of the day.
- Solve previous year question paper and sample papers to know the exam trend.
- Attempt mock tests regularly to know the preparation standard and make changes accordingly.
- Seek guidance from various experienced professionals and qualified students.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
MAH MCA CET 2020 Exam Centers
MAH MCA CET 2020 entrance test will be conducted in various selected cities in Maharashtra & outside Maharashtra. The cities where the exam will be conducted will be designated as “Centre” for CET. Each center will have venues depending upon number of candidates appearing for test at centre.
No request for change of center, venue, date or session will be entertained. Competent authority will allot exam centers to the candidates.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Admit Card
MAH MCA CET 2020 Admit Card will be available to the candidates online by entering registered email ID & mobile number. The admit card will be issued in the second week of March 2020.
After downloading, candidates have to fix recent photograph on the downloaded admit card.
The admit card will contain all the exam details & instructions. It is compulsory to carry an admit card along with a valid id proof such as Permanent Driving License/Voters Card/Aadhar Card/Employee ID/Passport etc. on the exam day for verification.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Answer Key
After successful commencement of exam, board will release the MAH MCA CET 2020 Answer Key. The Answer key will be released separately for various subjects. It will be released in the first week of April 2020 through online mode.
Candidates through answer key will be able to check the answers of the questions asked in the exam. Also, students will be able to calculate their probable marks using answer key & marking scheme of the MAH MCA CET 2020.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Cut Off
MAH MCA CET 2020 Cut Off will be released after the declaration of results. It will released individually by various participating colleges of Maharashtra to provide admission. Only those candidates who will score qualifying marks will get admission successfully.
Candidates have to score minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) to qualify & be eligible for admission.
Cut-off will depend on various factors such as no. of seats available, no. of applicants appeared for exam, marks obtained by candidates, previous year cut-off, difficulty level of exam, etc.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Result
MAH MCA CET 2020 Result will be declared in the second week of April 2020. Candidates are required to enter their registration number or roll numbers to check their result. The results will be declared through online mode only.
The result will display candidates’ marks, percentile, rank obtained, Date of Birth, qualifying status, etc.
MAH MCA CET 2020 Admission
MAH MCA CET 2020 Admission process also called Centralized Admission Process (CAP) will be held to select the qualified candidates for admission. Candidates will be called to participate in the counselling process as per their performance shown in the examination.
The counselling process will be started in the month of June or July 2020. Only the short-listed candidates will get admission on the basis of their rank, no. of seats available and other factors.
Candidates will be required to pay the counselling fee & have to submit their original documents for the document verification. The documents to be shown during document verification will be:
- Proof of Nationality
- Category Certificate
- HSC & SSC Mark sheets
- Passing Certificate of HSC & SSC
- MAH MCA CET 2020 Admit Card
- MAH MCA CET 2020 Result
- Domicile Certificate
- Receipt of Payment of Counselling Fee, etc
If you have any other query related to MAH MCA CET 2020, you can ask your query by leaving your comment below.