PUCET 2021: Exam Dates (Out), Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern
PUCET 2021 Exam Dates have been announced for UG & PG courses. Panjab University, Chandigarh conducts PUCET (Panjab University Common Entrance Test). This is a university level entrance test held every year to offer admission into various UG/ PG courses. Admission will be offered in various courses in the Engineering, Law, Management, Arts & Humanities, Health & Sciences, etc. Candidates must qualify the entrance test by securing the qualifying marks as recommended for admission into various courses. Through this article we have provided complete details related to PUCET 2021 application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation tips, etc.
PUCET 2021 Notifications – Exam Dates Out
PUCET 2021 Exam Dates have been announced. The examination will be held on 27th June 2021 for UG & on 12th and 13th June 2021 for PG. Check other dates from below.
PUCET 2021 Exam Dates
Below we have provided official PUCET Exam dates for various events for admission in UG and PG courses:
|Starting of registration||3rd week of April 2021||3rd week of April 2021|
|Last date to apply||3rd week of May 2021||3rd week of May 2021|
|Availability of admit card||3rd/ 4th week of June 2021||1st week of June 2021|
|PUCET 2021 Exam||27th June 2021||12th & 13th June 2021|
|Availability of Answer key||Last week of June 2021||2nd/ 3rd week of June 2021|
|Declaration of result||July 2021||July 2021|
|Counselling starts from||July/ August 2021||July/ August 2021|
PUCET 2021 Application Form
Candidates can check complete details of PUCET 2021 Application Form below:
- The online application process will get started from the month of April 2021.
- Students will be able to fill the application form till third week of May 2021.
- Students must fill complete details in the application correctly as the authority may or may not provide any correction facility.
- In the application process, students will go through online registration, filling up of application form, uploading of scanned images and making payment of application fee.
- After successfully completing the application process, candidates must print their application form and fee receipt for further use in admission process.
Payment mode: The application fee can be in online mode (debit/credit card/net banking).
Also, students can pay the fee through SBI – E challan method.
|Additional Paper (Biology/ Maths)||–||300|
PUCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Know complete PUCET Eligibility criteria details in the below given section:
- Nationality: Applying candidate must be Indian national.
- Age Criteria: Applying candidate’s minimum age should be 17 years as on the admission year.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 12th level or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Passed 12th level securing minimum of 50% marks. Candidates of ST/ SC/ OBC/ PWD category must have secured minimum of 45% marks.
- Qualifying Subjects: Passed 12th level with Physics, Chemistry, English subjects and any one subject among Mathematics / Biotechnology/ Biology.
PUCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Check complete PUCET Exam pattern details in the below given section:
- Exam mode: The exam will be organized in offline mode.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice questions will be asked in the paper.
- Duration of Paper: 70 minutes will be provided for each section in the paper. Candidates belonging to PWD category will be provided 20 minutes extra.
- Language of Paper: The paper will be available in English.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded. For each incorrect answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
Know distribution details of questions and marks in the below given table:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
PUCET 2021 Syllabus
PUCET Syllabus will be set from 11th and 12th level recommended syllabus. The syllabus will be from various topics of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects.
Candidates can know below various important topics for PUCET from various subjects:
Physical world and measurement, kinematics, work energy and power, law of motions, thermodynamics behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory and oscillation and waves, properties of bulk matter, motion of systems and particles and rigid body gravitation, etc.
Some of basic concept of chemistry, classifications of element and periodicity in properties, chemical bonding and molecular structure, structure of atom, hydrogen, organic chemistry- some basic principle and techniques, S-blocks elements, thermodynamics, equilibrium, redox reactions, hydrocarbons etc.
Sets, relation and functions, principle of mathematical induction, binomial theorem, sequence and series, conic sections, introduction to three- dimensional geometry, limits and derivatives, mathematical reasoning, statics and probability, etc
Diversity in living world, human anatomy and physiology, cell structure & functions, structural organization in animals & plants, plant physiology, etc
PUCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Go through the below given PUCET preparation tips for good performance in the exam:
- Know complete information about PUCET syllabus and exam pattern.
- Students must start their exam preparation early.
- Make a study routine and follow it daily.
- Make notes of important topics and go through these notes daily.
- Prepare for the exam from study material which is mostly recommended by the experienced students.
- Attempt online or offline mock tests for good preparation of exam.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
PUCET 2021 Admit Card
Students will be able to download PUCET admit card in the last week of June 2021. It will be made available on the website online. No other mode will be entertained to get admit card.
Through admit card, students will be able to know details about the exam and appearing candidate. To obtain admit card, students will have to enter their login details.
PUCET 2021 Answer key
After successful completion of exams, students will be able to download the PUCET answer key. It will be available on the website in second week of June 2021. With the help of answer key, candidates will be able to know probable score of entrance test.
If in case any candidate finds any discrepancy in the answer key, he/she can write a letter to the officials describing the error.
PUCET 2021 Result
PUCET Result will be declared in July 2021. Students will have to enter their login details to be able to check their result. The scorecard will be also provided on the website.
The result and scorecard will be available only through online mode. No separate scorecard will be provided to the candidates through any other mode.
PUCET 2021 Cut Off
PUCET Cut Off will be the minimum marks which candidates have to secure in the exam in order to get qualified in the entrance test. The cut off will vary for UG and PG courses and for various category candidates.
For General candidates the cut off percentage is 15% (18 marks) and for ST/SC/PWD category candidates the cut off percentage is 10% (12 marks). Candidates have to obtain the cut off marks out of total marks (120 marks) to be eligible to participate in the counselling process.
PUCET 2021 Counselling
PUCET Counselling process will get started from the month of July/ August 2021. The complete counselling will be organized through online mode. Counselling will be held in various rounds.
Candidates will have to register online for counselling and make preference for their preferred course. Candidates will have to submit their required documents/certificates for the procedure of document verification.
If you have any other query related to PUCET 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section below.