PUCET 2021: Application Form (Extended), Admit Card, Exam Dates
PUCET 2021 Application Form has been extended till 12th August 2021 for UG. Admit Card has been released for PG. Exam Dates for PG course have been announced. Panjab University, Chandigarh conducts PUCET (Panjab University Common Entrance Test). This is a university level entrance test held every year to offer admission into various UG/ PG courses. Admission will be offered in various courses in the Engineering, Law, Management, Arts & Humanities, Health & Sciences, etc. Candidates must qualify the entrance test by securing the qualifying marks as recommended for admission into various courses. Through this article we have provided complete details related to PUCET 2021 application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, preparation tips, etc.
PUCET 2021 Notifications – Application Extended (UG)
PUCET 2021 Application Form has been extended till 12th August 2021 for UG courses. Check here for application details.
PUCET 2021 Admit Card has been released on 22nd July 2021 for PG courses. Check here for admit card details.
PUCET 2021 Exam Dates for UG/ PG courses have been announced. The exam will be held on 3rd & 4th August 2021 for PG and 15th September 2021 for UG. Check other dates from below.
PUCET 2021 Exam Dates
Below we have provided official PUCET Exam dates for various events for admission in UG and PG courses:
Dates for PUCET-PG:
Date of Availability of application
|15th April 2021|
Last date for submission of information on the website to generate login & password
|3rd July 2021|
Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State Bank of India using website generated challan
|6th July 2021|
Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website
|10th July 2021|
|Admit card release||22nd July 2021|
Candidates who have not completed their form but have paid their requisite fee, can complete their form by paying late fee of Rs. 500/-
|30th July 2021|
Dates of holding Entrance Test
|3rd & 4th August 2021 at Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Hoshiarpur, Muktsar|
Uploading of Answer key and inviting objections
|10th August 2021|
Last day of submission of objections to the Answer key
|12th August 2021|
Uploading of the response to the Objections and inviting Cross-objections
|16th August 2021|
Last day of submission of Cross Objections to the Answer key
|18th August 2021|
Date of declaration of result
|25th August 2021|
Dates for PUCET-UG:
|Starting of registration||21st July 2021|
|Last date to apply||12th August 2021|
|Availability of admit card||27th August 2021|
|PUCET 2021 Exam||5th September 2021|
|Availability of Answer key||September 2021|
|Declaration of result||21st September 2021|
|Counselling starts from||September/ October 2021|
PUCET 2021 Application Form
Candidates can check complete details of PUCET 2021 Application Form below:
- The online application process has been started from 15th April 2021 for PG courses. For UG it has been started from 21st July 2021.
- Students are able to fill the application form till 3rd July 2021 for PG & till 12th August 2021 for UG.
- Students must fill complete details in the application correctly as the authority may or may not provide any correction facility.
- In the application process, students will go through online registration, filling up of application form, uploading of scanned images and making payment of application fee.
- After successfully completing the application process, candidates must print their application form and fee receipt for further use in admission process.
Payment mode: The application fee can be in online mode (debit/credit card/net banking).
Also, students can pay the fee through SBI – E challan method.
|General Category||Rs. 2175/-|
|Additional Subject(for both General and SC/ST/PwD Category)||Rs. 575/- additional per subject|
|50% concession for Panjab University regular employees under B & C Class|
PUCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Know complete PUCET Eligibility criteria details in the below given section:
- Nationality: Applying candidate must be Indian national.
- Age Criteria: Applying candidate’s minimum age should be 17 years as on the admission year.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 12th level or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Passed 12th level securing minimum of 50% marks. Candidates of ST/ SC/ OBC/ PWD category must have secured minimum of 45% marks.
- Qualifying Subjects: Passed 12th level with Physics, Chemistry, English subjects and any one subject among Mathematics / Biotechnology/ Biology.
PUCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Check complete PUCET Exam pattern details in the below given section:
- Exam mode: The exam will be organized in offline mode.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice questions will be asked in the paper.
- Duration of Paper: 70 minutes will be provided for each section in the paper. Candidates belonging to PWD category will be provided 20 minutes extra.
- Language of Paper: The paper will be available in English.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded. For each incorrect answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
Know distribution details of questions and marks in the below given table:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
PUCET 2021 Syllabus
PUCET Syllabus will be set from 11th and 12th level recommended syllabus. The syllabus will be from various topics of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects.
Candidates can know below various important topics for PUCET from various subjects:
Physical world and measurement, kinematics, work energy and power, law of motions, thermodynamics behavior of perfect gas and kinetic theory and oscillation and waves, properties of bulk matter, motion of systems and particles and rigid body gravitation, etc.
Some of basic concept of chemistry, classifications of element and periodicity in properties, chemical bonding and molecular structure, structure of atom, hydrogen, organic chemistry- some basic principle and techniques, S-blocks elements, thermodynamics, equilibrium, redox reactions, hydrocarbons etc.
Sets, relation and functions, principle of mathematical induction, binomial theorem, sequence and series, conic sections, introduction to three- dimensional geometry, limits and derivatives, mathematical reasoning, statics and probability, etc
Diversity in living world, human anatomy and physiology, cell structure & functions, structural organization in animals & plants, plant physiology, etc
PUCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Go through the below given PUCET preparation tips for good performance in the exam:
- Know complete information about PUCET syllabus and exam pattern.
- Students must start their exam preparation early.
- Make a study routine and follow it daily.
- Make notes of important topics and go through these notes daily.
- Prepare for the exam from study material which is mostly recommended by the experienced students.
- Attempt online or offline mock tests for good preparation of exam.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
PUCET 2021 Admit Card
Students are able to download PUCET admit card from 27th August 2021 for UG. For PG courses, it has been released on 22nd July 2021. It has been made available on the website online. No other mode is entertained to get admit card.
Through admit card, students are able to know details about the exam and appearing candidate. To obtain admit card, students have to enter their login details.
PUCET 2021 Answer key
After successful completion of exams, students will be able to download the PUCET answer key. It will be available on the website in September 2021. With the help of answer key, candidates will be able to know probable score of entrance test.
If in case any candidate finds any discrepancy in the answer key, he/she can write a letter to the officials describing the error. For PUCET-PG, it will be uploaded on 10th August 2021.
PUCET 2021 Result
PUCET Result will be declared on 25th August 2021 for PG courses & 21st September 2021 for UG. Students will have to enter their login details to be able to check their result. The scorecard will be also provided on the website.
The result and scorecard will be available only through online mode. No separate scorecard will be provided to the candidates through any other mode.
PUCET 2021 Cut Off
PUCET Cut Off will be the minimum marks which candidates have to secure in the exam in order to get qualified in the entrance test. The cut off will vary for UG and PG courses and for various category candidates.
For General candidates the cut off percentage is 15% (18 marks) and for ST/SC/PWD category candidates the cut off percentage is 10% (12 marks). Candidates have to obtain the cut off marks out of total marks (120 marks) to be eligible to participate in the counselling process.
PUCET 2021 Counselling
PUCET Counselling process will get started from the month of September 2021. The complete counselling will be organized through online mode. Counselling will be held in various rounds.
Candidates will have to register online for counselling and make preference for their preferred course. Candidates will have to submit their required documents/certificates for the procedure of document verification.
If you have any other query related to PUCET 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section below.