Government Chengalpattu Medical College, Kancheepuram

Government Chengalpattu Medical College, Kancheepuram

Government Chengalpattu Medical College, Tamil Nadu came into existence in the year of 1965. The college is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Guindy, Chennai. It is approved by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi.

Campus

The campus is situated at Chengalpattu, previously known as Chingleput in Kancheepuram district, Tamil Nadu. The college is spread over 265 acres of land. The hospital is attached to the college. The college has a separate anatomy block and examination block.

Facilities

The college offers air-conditioned and well-stocked library with a huge collection of books, magazines, projects, journals, newspapers, etc. The college has an auditorium with a seating capacity of 750 people. There is also a centre lecture hall with a capacity of 300 students. The college has an attached hospital that has 610 beds with latest equipments, four operation theatres (OT) and several minor OT’s. The college has a separate accommodation for men and women. There are various facilities that are provided by the college are; gym, canteen, sports, seminar halls, medical, etc.

Programmes

Government Chengalpattu Medical College, Tamil Nadu imparts 5 ½ years Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). There are 100 seats available for the MBBS course. To get admission in this programme, the candidate has to complete the 17 years on or before the 31stDecember of the academic year. Candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in the class 12th for 85%. The remaining 15% seats will be filled on the basis of AIPMT.

Medical Course

  • MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)

Master Courses

Master of Medicine (MD):

  • General Medicine
  • Obstetrics and Gynaecology
  • Paediatrics
  • Dermatology, Venerology and Leprosy
  • Anaesthesiology
  • Microbiology
  • Pharmacology
  • Physiology
  • Pathology

Master of Science (MS):

  • General Surgery





SarvGyan

Bennett University - 2020 Application Open Now

Get Updates Download Brochure
×
×