Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta is a business school located in Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal. It was the first Indian Institute of Management to be established. The institution was established in 13th November 1961. IIM Calcutta also conducts research programmes, conferences, seminars and research publications.
The campus is spread over 135 acres with its seven lakes. It consists of fifty six residential rooms. The campus also has a post office, ATM facilities of both SBI and ICICI banks, a café coffee day outlet and medical facilities.
The institution provides all necessary facilities to their students such as library, separate hostel facilities for boys and girls, conference room, auditorium, finance lab, wi-fi facilities etc.
The institution offers the management courses as well the doctoral courses:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Post Graduate for Executives (PGPEX)
- Post Graduate Program for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX-VLM)
- Master’s in International Management (CEMS MIM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics ( PGDBA)
The fellow programmes has two streams:
The fellow programme in management. It includes the following specializations:
- Behavioral Sciences
- Economics, Finance & Control
- Human Resource Management,
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Public Policy & Management
- Strategic Management
Fellow Programmes in disciplines related to management. . It includes the following specializations:
- Operations Research & Systems Analysis,
- Regional Development
The institution has a training and placement cell which provides placement to students. The placement cell arranges for guest lectures, seminars, workshop and internship for the students. The institution also arranges for pre placement offers for their students.