AIIMS PG 2020: Counselling (Started), Admission Process, Registration
AIIMS PG 2020 Seat Allotment (Third Round) for 6 year courses has been released. The exam is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. This is a national level entrance exam organized to offer admission into various postgraduate programmes like MD, DM, MS, M.Ch. and MDS. Candidates who will successfully qualify the entrance exam with minimum prescribed qualifying marks will get admission into various AIIMS campuses located in the country. This test will be held twice every year i.e. in the month of January and July. AIIMS PG 2020 Basic Registration for 6 year courses (July session) has been started. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding AIIMS PG 2020.
AIIMS PG 2020 Notifications – 3rd Seat Allotment Released (6 Year Courses)
AIIMS PG 2020 Seat Allotment (Third Round) for 6 year courses (January 2020 session) has been released on 16th January 2020. Check here for counselling details.
AIIMS PG 2020 Basic Registration for 6 year courses (July 2020 session) has been started. Check here for registration details.
AIIMS PG 2020 Final Result for 3 year courses (January 2020 session) has been released on 26th November 2019. Check here for result details.
AIIMS PG 2020 Result for 6 year courses (January 2020 session) has been released on 22nd November 2019.
AIIMS PG 2020 New Changes Introduced
- As per the new changes in AIIMS PG 2020, more seats, reservation and exam centres are added.
- 10% Reservation for EWS category candidates has been introduced. Candidates of EWS category will be provided 10% of the total number of available seats.
- 16 new exam cities are added in the list – UT of Puducherry, Sikkim, Manipur, Meghalaya, Shimla, Vishakhapatnam, etc. Besides addition of exam cities, some of the cities have been removed and some are replaced as exam centers.
- The number of seats for PG courses in AIIMS has been increased. 9 seats are added, now total of the seats offered for PG admission are 548. Earlier there were 539 seats in AIIMS. The number of seats may increase or decrease, the final seat position will be published before the result announcement.
- From the year 2019, new registration process of AIIMS PG has been started known as Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration (PAAR).
- The newly introduced registration process will consist of two stages – Basic registration and Final registration.
AIIMS PG 2020 Important Dates
Check all the official AIIMS PG dates for the January as well as July session in the below provided table:
January Session (For MD/MS/M.Ch/DM/MDS):
|Starting of basic registration||29th June 2019|
|End of basic registration||27th August 2019|
|Updated Status of Basic Registration & last date of correction in rejected images||3rd September to 9th September 2019|
|Accepted Basic registration final status||16th September 2019|
|Uploading of Prospectus and Tentative Seat Position||September 2019|
|Date for Code Generation (only for accepted Basic Registration candidates)||16th September to 16th October 2019|
|Uploading of Prospectus (For Sponsored and Foreign National)||24th September 2019|
|Final Registration & completion of details (Qualification, City Choices & Payment only for the candidates successfully generated code)||27th September to 16th October 2019|
Date for checking status of Final Registration: Accepted / Rejected with reasons
|23rd October 2019|
|Last date of document submission||29th October 2019|
|Release of Admit card||7th November 2019|
|AIIMS PG 2020 Exam||17th November 2019|
|Announcement of results||22nd November 2019|
|Starting of Counselling rounds||2nd December 2019|
For DM/Fellowship/M.Ch/MD (Hospital Administrator):
|Starting of Online registration process||5th September 2019|
|Ending of registration||23rd September 2019|
|Status of Application||2nd week of October 2019|
|Last date of documents submission||3rd week of October 2019|
|Release of Admit card||23rd October 2019|
|Exam Date (Stage I)||3rd November 2019|
|Announcement of Result (Stage I)||7th November 2019|
|Departmental Assessment (Stage II)||10th – 20th November, 2019|
|Release of Final result notification||26th November 2019|
|Admission last date||4th week of February 2020|
July Session (For MD/MS/M.Ch/DM):
|Starting of basic registration||10th December 2019|
|Ending of online registration||10th February 2020|
Date(s) of Edit Option only for the column of “Basic Registration”
|12th – 14th February 2020|
Basic registration status & last date to correct images
|17th – 21st February 2020|
Final Status of Accepted Basic Registration
|27th February 2020|
Date for Generation of Code
|28th February – 23rd March 2020|
Uploading Prospectus including seat position
|9th March 2020|
Final Registration for completion of other details
|9th – 23rd March 2020|
Date(s) of Edit Option only for the column of “Final Registration”
|26th – 28th March 2020|
status of Final Registration
|7th – 11th April 2020|
|Release of Admit card||Last week of April 2020|
|Exam Date||3rd May 2020|
|Announcement of result||8th May 2020|
|Starting of 1st Counselling round||3rd week of May 2020|
|Starting of 2nd Counselling||Last week of May 2020|
|Open Counselling||In the month of June 2020|
For DM/Fellowship/M.Ch/MD (Hospital Administrator):
|Online registration starts from||3rd week of February 2020|
|Ending of registration||2nd week of March 2020|
|Last date of required documents submission||3rd week of March 2020|
|Release of Admit card||Last week of March 2020|
|Exam Date (Stage I)||4th April 2020|
|Announcement of result (Stage I)||9th April 2020|
|Stage II exam||21st – 23rd April 2020|
|Release of Final Result Notification||1st May 2020|
AIIMS PG 2020 Result
AIIMS PG Result for the January Session has been declared on 22nd November 2019 for MD/MS/M.Ch/DM programmes. The result has been released in the form of merit list short listing the name of candidates who have successfully qualified the entrance exam.
For admission into DM/Fellowship/M.Ch/MD (Hospital Administrator) programmes the result has been announced on 3rd November 2019. Candidates can check the result through online mode by entering id and password.
AIIMS PG 2020 Cut Off
To qualify the entrance test, candidates have to attain AIIMS PG cut off marks released online for various categories. The cut off marks will be prepared by the board on the basis of various factors – Difficulty level of paper, number of available seats, total number of appearing candidates, number of available seats etc.
The expected cut off marks for various categories is described below:
|Category||Expected Cut-off marks|
AIIMS PG 2020 Counselling
For Admission into MD/MS/M.Ch/DM programmes, AIIMS has started the counselling process from 2nd December 2019 for January session.
The AIIMS PG counselling process for the July session admission into MD/MS/M.Ch/DM will start from the third week of May 2020. It will be held in four rounds – Mock Round, Round 1, Round 2 and Open Counselling.
At the time of counselling, candidates have to register for counselling, make choice of programme and institution and lock the filled choices. Also candidates must carry the required documents for the certificate verification round of counselling.
AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form
Check the complete details of AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form below:
- The Basic registration of AIIMS PG 2020 July session for MD/MS/M.Ch/DM has been started from 10th December 2019.
- Last date of basic registration is till 10th February 2020 for MD/MS/M.Ch/DM.
- The new registration process (PAAR) of AIIMS PG 2020 involve two steps – Basic registration and Final registration.
- Complete registration and application process can be done in online mode only.
- At the time of basic registration, candidates are able to fill up their basic details and upload images.
- In the final registration process, candidates are required to fill their qualification details, choose option of exam city and make application fee payment.
- The authority may also provide the AIIMS PG Application correction facility through online mode.
- Candidates will also be able to edit the details of the application form after checking their online application status.
The Application fee for various category candidates is given below:
- For General/OBC candidates – Rs.1500
- For ST/SC/EWS candidates – Rs.1200
Mode of Payment: Applicants can pay the fee through online mode using debit/credit card or net banking method.
To avoid rejection of applications, candidates will be able to correct details of application form after checking their application status.
Students will be able to make application correction in the uploaded images of MD/MS/ M.Ch.(6 years)/DM (6 years)/MDS from 17th to 21st February 2020.
Candidates must check their application form status after their basic online registration and then make necessary changes before the last date. No correction will be allowed after the last date.
The Application forms with wrong details will be straightaway cancelled and considered ineligible for the Final registration process.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
AIIMS PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the complete AIIMS PG Eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
For MD/MS/M.Ch/DM/MDS Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have completed their BDS degree to apply for MDS and MBBS degree to apply for MS/MD from a university recognized by Medical/Dental Council of India.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have secured aggregate of 55% marks. For ST/SC candidates, minimum aggregate of 50% marks must be secured.
- Training/Internship: Applying candidate must have completed their 12 months training/internship before January 30, 2020 in order to be eligible.
For M.Ch/DM/MD (Hospital Administrator):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must possess a degree in MS/MD or DNB in from a University recognized by Medical Council of India.
- Age criterion: Applying candidate’s upper age limit should be 35 years as on January 1, 2020. Age relaxation of 3 years will be given to OBC category candidates and 5 years to ST/SC category candidates.
Eligibility for Foreign Nationals/Overseas Citizen of India:
- Candidates who are foreign nationals/overseas citizens of India have to send their registration slip to AIIMS through diplomatic channel before the last date of online registration.
- For MS/MD/MDS courses, foreign national candidates will be considered against the seats in “Sponsored category”.
AIIMS PG 2020 Admit Card
Before the commencement of entrance test, the board will publish the AIIMS PG Admit card by online mode. Only those candidates will get their admit card whose final registration is successfully done and required documents are submitted.
To display and download the admit card, students have to click on the online provided link of download and enter their registration ID and password. Students must make sure that all the details in the admit card are correct.
In case of any discrepancy in it, officials must be informed to rectify the problem before the last date. Admit card for 3 year courses has been released on 23rd October 2019.
AIIMS PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the complete AIIMS PG Exam pattern given below to know various details of the exam:
- Exam Mode: AIIMS PG 2020 will be organized in online CBT mode.
- Number and Types of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice For MDS, there will be total of 90 questions and for MS/MD the question paper will have total of 200 questions.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be in English.
- Time Duration: For MDS programme, 90 minutes will be given and for MS/MD programme 180 minutes will be provided.
- Total Marks: For MDS, the exam paper will be of 90 marks and MD/MS paper will be of 200 marks.
- Subjects: The objective type of questions asked for MDS will be from the subjects taught at BDS level. For MD/MS, the objective type of questions will be asked from MBBS level.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for every correct answer. 1/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
AIIMS PG 2020 Syllabus
AIIMS PG Syllabus for MS/MD and MDS, the entrance test will contain various subjects from three phases – Pre-clinical, Para-clinical and Clinical phase.
The subjects covered under all three phases are:
For Pre-clinical Phase:
Gross anatomy, Microanatomy, Embryology and Genetics, Neuroanatomy.
Biological cell, Enzymes, Biomolecules, Metabolic pathways, their regulation and metabolic interrelationships, Food assimilation and nutrition, Hormones, Molecular Biology, pH, Buffer, physiological buffer systems, Immunology, Environmental biochemistry, cancer and cancer makers.
General Physiology, Nerve–Muscle, Blood, Respiratory System, Cardiovascular System, Gastrointestinal System, Nutrition, Environmental Physiology, Reproduction, Kidney, Neurophysiology – General, Sensory system, Motor system, Visceral and motivational system, EEG, sleep and higher nervous functions, Special Senses, Yoga.
For Para-clinical Phase:
The topics will be from Community medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology.
For Clinical Phase:
The topics will be from Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics, Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery and allied subjects (Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology and Orthopedics), Clinical postings.
AIIMS PG 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the below given preparation tips to enhance their exam preparation and qualify the test:
- Check the complete syllabus, exam pattern and marking scheme before starting the exam preparation.
- Make a study timetable and follow it strictly.
- While preparing for the exam, note down all the important points and concepts at one place.
- Attempt mock tests to know your preparation standards and make improvements accordingly.
- Try to solve various sample papers and previous year papers to know the type of questions trends.
If you have any query regarding AIIMS PG 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.