CENTAC 2023: Application Form, Important Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
CENTAC 2023 Admission process will start from the month of June 2023. Admissions are conducted every year by Centralized Admission Committee, Puducherry for admission in various UG and PG courses. It is a state level admission procedure which is organized for candidates seeking admission in Engineering, Pharmacy, Medical and in other fields.
Through CENTAC admission is offered in various private and government colleges in Puducherry and other Union Territories/ state. The admissions through CENTAC in various courses can be also applied using scores of various national level exams like UG NEET, NEET PG, JEE Main, etc. In this article, we have provided details about CENTAC 2023 admission procedure such as admission dates, eligibility criteria, application form, cut-off, merit, counselling, etc.
CENTAC 2023 Overview
|Full form||Centralized Admission Committee|
|Conducting Body||Centralized Admission Committee, Puducherry|
|Selection Procedure||JEE Main, NEET, NEET PG scores|
|Mode of the Application||Online|
|Offered courses||Engineering, Pharmacy, Medical, etc.|
|Level of admission||State level admissions|
CENTAC 2023 Admission Dates
Here are the tentative CENTAC Admission dates for 2023 session below:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Online application form release||June 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||4th week of July 2023|
|Hard copy of application form||4th week of July 2023|
|Merit list release||August 2023|
|Counselling process||August/ September 2023|
|Counseling session commencement||August/ September 2023|
CENTAC 2023 Application Form
Candidates must check details below about CENTAC 2023 Application form:
- The CENTAC 2023 Application form will be released from June 2023.
- Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for particular course in which they are seeking admission.
- The Application form will be available through online mode as no other mode will be accepted.
- Candidates have to fill the application form by entering details like name, parent name, email id, phone number, education qualification, etc.
- The authority will not provide any correction facility to the candidates, so they are advised to fill the application form carefully.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature after filling the details.
- The last date to submit the application form will be till 4th week of July 2023.
- Take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- The application fee can be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to use different payment gateways such as Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net Banking for the transaction.
- The application fee will be as follows:
|Courses||General Category||Reserved Category|
|For UG non-NEET professional courses – Residents of Pudducherry & other states||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 500/-|
|For UG arts, science & commerce courses-|
Residents of Pudducherry & other states
|Rs. 300/-||Rs. 150/-|
|For all UG non-NEET courses-|
NRI/ NRI sponsored FN/ OCI/ PIO
How to Apply for CENTAC 2023
- Step-1: Visit the website of CENTAC 2023 and click on dashboard login.
- Step-2: Click on Sign up button
- Step-3: Enter all the details for registration like name, date of birth, contact number, password, etc.
- Step-4: Email will be sent to the candidates having registered email id and password. Login into account with these credentials.
- Step-5: Candidate have to enter the details like personal, educational details, etc.
- Step-6: Upload the scanned documents according to the specifications given.
- Step-7: Pay the application fee through online mode by credit, debit, or net banking, etc.
- Step-8: Submit the application form and print it for future reference.
CENTAC 2023 Eligibility Criteria
CENTAC Eligibility criteria 2023 is provided below for the candidates applying in various courses:
For MBBS/ BDS/ BVSc. / A.H/ B.P.T Programme:
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 12th class or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Subject: Candidates must pass with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, Botany or Zoology with English as a mandatory subject.
- Marks: The minimum marks candidate must score is 50% marks (40% marks for reserved category) to be eligible for exam.
- Entrance exam Scores: Candidates must have secured rank in NEET 2023.
For B.Tech. Programmes:
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 12th class or equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- Subject: Candidates must qualify 12th with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects with one of the Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science.
- Marks: Candidates must score at least 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category) to be eligible.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in final qualifying exam are also eligible for exam.
- Scores: Must have qualifying rank in JEE Main.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
CENTAC 2023 Cut Off
The CENTAC Cut Off 2023 is the minimum score which candidates must obtain to be eligible for admission to various courses. The cut off 2023 will vary from institute to institute. The cut off also depends on the course and grade of the shortlisted candidates based on ranks.
The cut off depends on various factors like seats availability of course in which admission is done and cut off trends as per performance in 12th level or qualifying exam.
CENTAC 2023 Merit List
The CENTAC 2023 Merit list will be prepared in separate lists of qualification for entry into various courses. The lists of qualification for chosen candidates will release on the university website. The merit list will be released from August 2023.
The CENTAC Merit list consist of names of candidates who have cleared the exam, shortlisted for admission. To check the merit list, candidates are required to enter their registration number.
CENTAC 2023 Reservation
Candidates from the Union Territory of Puducherry will be allocated seats based on their scores obtained in 12th level. Also, CENTAC 2023 admission in Engineering will be based on JEE Main scores and in UG medical courses will be through NEET scores.
Check below the reservation policy for admission for various categories:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslim (BCM)||2%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|Backward Tribes (BT)||1%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||16%|
|Children/ Grand Children of Freedom Fighter (FF)||4%|
|Wards of Ex-serviceman (EX)||1% for MBBS|
3% for all courses
|The person with Disabilities (PwD)||3%|
|Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1%|
CENTAC 2023 Counselling
The counselling process will be available through online mode. In the counselling process, the candidates will be required to choose the preference for colleges and courses. CENTAC counselling will commence from August/ September 2023.
The seats will be allotted to the candidates based on their rank secured in the CENTAC 2023 merit list. The document verification will also take place during counselling. So, candidates must bring their original documents while reporting for the counselling process. After the seat allotment, the candidates have to report to the concerned college to finish the admission formalities.
CENTAC 2023 Admission
The CENTAC 2023 admission will be done on the basis of selection through various national, and state-level entrance exams scores. The seats in MBBS and BDS will be allotted to candidates based on NEET scores. While for Engineering admissions, JEE Main scores will be considered. Also, candidates can apply directly for admission in various courses on the basis of their 12th marks.
Candidates will have to carry some important documents at the time of the admission procedure. Following are the documents required at the time of admission/ document verification process:
- 10th Mark sheet & passing certificate
- 12th Mark sheet & passing certificate
- Residence certificate
- Counselling call letter
- CENTAC 2023 Application form
- Category certificate
- Photo ID Proof
- JEE Main/ NEET UG/ NEET PG scorecard, etc.
If you have any other query related to CENTAC 2023, you can ask in comment section below.